Battle Pet Competition

97 Draenei Shaman
So, I noticed a lot fewer of the rare pets around, and I poked around again.

I noticed that on WoWhead, people are directed to roll on VeCo, specifically, for rare pets, like the minfernal. Since I am still hunting this particular pet, I find myself camping the area, and there's practically an army of 58 death knights also camping the area.

Now, I'm normally a live and let live pvp'er... but in this case, they have come into my house, stealing the pet I'm camping for, and I find myself using the only recourse to try and protect the spawn that I can. I fully admit that I am now killing and camping ANY level 58 death knight that I see in the area.

If you're a fellow citizen of VeCo, I will leave you alone, but these death knights are on notice: Welcome to the PVP of VeCo, now go home!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
02/27/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Wildsong
I fully admit that I am now killing and camping ANY level 58 death knight that I see in the area.

Ooh, are we going to wind up having people encouraging to camp these rares on our realm and another counter-force to punish those who go with it? That tickles the cockles of my icy black heart.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I only dabble in pet battles every now and then when im bored.

what are the region areas where these "rare" ones show up at? I wanna grab my pitchfork and torch and kill some 58 dk's
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Rogue
The one we've been seeing the DKs at are up in Felwood, Shatter Scar Vale. We're starting to also see level 2-3s running around up there.

Right now, there's no one Alliance side in the zone. Heading out to check on any Horde presence for fun. :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Minfernal spawn in Felwood.

I think Scourged Whelplings that spawn in Icecrown are rare.

Spawn of Onyxia might be another, and that spawns in Dustwallow Marsh.

I found Harpy Younglings tricky to get a hold of and they spawn in the Northern Barrens.

Maybe Lofty Librams in Hillsbrad Foothills are rare too?

I've been out of the loop for too long.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Rogue
The first round of camping begins in Felwood. :)

EDIT: And a victory for VeCo! I got swore at in General chat by one asking for help with a camper. ^_^
Edited by Ismeralda on 2/27/2013 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Shaman
Some of these lovely low level death knights are quite amusing, jumping to alts to curse and swear at me, as well as boasting of the pet they've already nabbed, and looking for more to round out their team.

If you're looking for fun, head to felwood, remember, aim at the lowbie death knights only! Just be aware that they don't have near the persistence that native VECoers have. Some log the instant that they're killed once, others instantly log over to claim you have no life. When the CRZ rejects spawn a lot more frequently than the pets do.

I urge everyone to help us root out these foul pests and reduce their numbers through good, old-fashioned hunting. It's snipe season!

Edit: oh, and the main three rare pets that these people are after: Minfernals in Felwood (Scatter Scar Vale), Scourged Whelplings in Icecrown (just south of the tourney grounds) and Baby Apes in the Cape of Stranglethorn (Jageuro Isle, or however it's spelled.)
Edited by Wildsong on 2/27/2013 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
thanx. If there is any new death knights alliance-side aiming for these anybody reading this can feel free to contact me.

Mrjones#1643
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
In the past i've also seen these level 58 deathknights appear on Jaguero Isle, for the baby ape rare spawn, once it rains there, as mentioned above.

I was lucky enough to get a minfernal a few weeks ago (a basic one - but I'm extremely happy with that), although the second i'd captured it, a level 58 deathknight scurried past and promptly vanished into thin air. These level 58 deathknights are like a disease here now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Seems to me this sort of server-hopping is, in a way, an exploit.

The pets are rare, meaning Blizz wanted to make them special by limiting the numbers available on each server. Hopping over to claim one because you aren't either good enough to fight the rest on your home server wanting it, or can't wait it out properly seems to go against the idea of the pets being rare.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Rogue
That is my concern, Aovi. Blizzard tends to fix things that benefit a player in some way, shape, or form rather quickly...

And this strikes me as something they'll use to try and push CRZ onto VeCo. I'd rather not take the risk and just take matters into our own hands. :)
Reply Quote
63 Orc Death Knight
Not cool.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Rogue
02/28/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Achíllês
Not cool.
Neither is getting hostile and calling VeCo a "!@#$hole" because people are killing you while you are trying to steal our rares. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I've only poked around for rare pets as the opportunity has presented, so haven't seen these 58 DKs you speak of - or if I did I didn't realize what they were.

Now that I know, I will happily deal with whichever types of invaders I can. I don't want VeCo to become just another infested CRZ cow-chip-pile either.

*Cracks knuckles*
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Shaman
Some of them have started to put in the extra effort to hit 60 and get flying, these are worth extra points!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
02/28/2013 11:23 PMPosted by Wildsong
Some of them have started to put in the extra effort to hit 60 and get flying, these are worth extra points!

If they manage to invite cross-realm friends over to fight back, and have any (more) of them post on these forums to complain, I'll score a BINGO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Hmm, I think ima be sitting in felwood for the next few days. God their tears will be delicious.
Reply Quote
60 Troll Death Knight
I guess I am one of the "extra points"...?

Yes, I rolled a DK on your server. Yes, it was to camp the minfernal. Believe it or not after CRZ's have been implemented, that is a recommended "shortcut". As for trying it on "my own server" - wow, I so WISH we even had our own servers anymore. In one post someone counted at least 12 servers in the same zone looking for a minfernal. I've personally only seen 8 different servers there, but sadly none of us get to be on our own servers anymore, except the RP/PVP guys. Another recommended shortcut/glitch, by the way, is to take a flight path from Orgrimmar to the minfernal area, and attempt to get into a pet battle from the flight path; leaving from Orgrimmar insures you are on YOUR server, until you land - and on the flight path I see MY server PACKED with Minfernal pets. You wish we would go back? We wish we COULD.

I personally haven't attacked or said anything in chat to any of the ally that have ganked me. I do feel like a bit of an intruder. I did question the "RP"ing of the horde player who /waved "goodbye" to me as an ally floated down to kill me! But I wasn't upset, heck it's you guys' server.

I don't 100% feel like an intruder though. I spent about a week leveling my lil' Troll DK here up to 60, and meanwhile I leveled up mining and herbalism and sold lots of that stuff to get my flight skill. When I hit org and put some of my herbs in trade chat, someone actually THANKED me for gathering... I forget which herb, but basically thanked me for contributing resources to a very starved market. I also met a couple of nice folks and bought and sold some pets.

Anyway I don't fault you guys for feeling invaded or being PO'd in general about people "stealing" your rares. But, these are desparate acts from desparate players, and at least as for me personally I haven't really been a LEECH. Heck, when I see other players camping this pet I usually log out.

So just to put a face on "That DK"...

Good hunting!
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Rogue
Why is it every time I see a tell or a post from people doing this, it always has such a manipulative feel to it? >.>

Tryte, you do no see the issue, because you are focused fully upon your own needs. You are openly complaining about having to share rare pet spawns with other realms... While forcefully being one of the many, and there have been A LOT, of DKs being created on VeCo just for the sake of camping them. You are making us experience the same thing you are trying to get away from, and seem to think we should be thankful for it because you've sold some herbs and battle pets? In your week long trek to get two levels, no less?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Although this dk is contributing to the realm (minor contribution at that, lowbie herbs and pets.), the problem is only getting worse, I'm now seeing level 58 death knights in dalaran now who I'm assuming are after TLPD/huntard pets. I resubbed and came to veco to get away from crz and now i wish blizzard would just CRZ us already so we can just put this issue to rest. I'm now racing to level pet battles so I get my own minifernal and scourge whelping before this becomes a problem for me.

You wish we would go back? We wish we COULD.

More players enjoy cross-realm zones than hate it (i.e. friendless lonely players who get hyped over seeing other anti-social players their level in their zones, you can reach and experience end game content without saying a word to anyone now).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]