Realm/Faction Transfer Issue?

90 Undead Warlock
I've done many realm transfers and faction transfers in the past without an issue. However, I begin one over 2 hours ago and it's still in "Pending" and "Queued"status. Why is this particular one taking so much longer than the others? I've even done other realm/faction changes at once and they took much less than 1 hour.
What is the deal? What is going on? Any issues? I paid $60 and feel like it should not take this long, considernig the extra $ you just got paid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Check the blue posts here
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7979939444
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for the link, but the method of payment I used for this is the same as all my others. (Credit Card that is not expired and has sufficient funds)

If my status says, "Pending" that means I can cancel it and keep my money, right???
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm very confident, from all I'm reading now, that something is wrong on their end. I find it hard to believe that, out of nowhere, all of us are posting this issue and have the source of the problem be a "method of payment issue".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
To me it sounds like the system is swamped with requests. Give it some time, the faq does say it can take up to 72 hours
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I guess I'll sleep on it. If it's not done by tomorrow morning and still in "Pending" status, I will cancel it and get my money back.
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :-)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/27/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Maljinor
I'm very confident, from all I'm reading now, that something is wrong on their end. I find it hard to believe that, out of nowhere, all of us are posting this issue and have the source of the problem be a "method of payment issue".

A delay in the normally short amount of time a character service takes does not necessarily indicate that something is wrong. Our techs are looking into the matter though thus far it appears that the service is just a little backed up. If that status changes we will provide an update.

02/27/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Maljinor
I will cancel it and get my money back.

Please note that until the service actually processes the money is only held by your bank in anticipation of the requested service. If you cancel the transaction the funds can take 3-5 business days to return to the account, depending on your bank's policies.
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/27/2013 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
WAIT!! Something just dawned on me!
I have TWO of the same character now. (1 on the original server and the new one on the destination server)
This must mean the payment method passed the "checks and balances" and somebody at Blizz began processing the realm transfer and faction change.
It seems the hold-up is with the "Faction Change" portion of my request. That sounds like there's an issue with the software and/or procedure on Blizzard's end.

I really don't want to wait until tomorrow morning to play this toon. If it's not complete within the next hour, I'll cancel it for my money back. :-)

Edited --> I posted this before noticing a blue posted back to me. I understand and will give it more time. Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!
Edited by Maljinor on 2/27/2013 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]