Blizz i want stay arcane!!

(Locked)

90 Gnome Mage
Even know fire is going to be good with the extra gear, arcane is more fun. fire is sooooo boring
90 Undead Mage
Weird that you say that about fire, most people feel arcane is the boring spec, especially with the current scorch weaving rotation.
90 Dwarf Mage
02/27/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Drphilkiller
Even know fire is going to be good with the extra gear, arcane is more fun. fire is sooooo boring

In 5.2 fire is dead same as arcane and frost is frost.
90 Undead Priest
02/27/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Drphilkiller
ven know fire is going to be good with the extra gear, arcane is more fun. fire is sooooo boring

Then stay Arcane...

I don't understand why everyone assumes they have to switch due to upcoming nerfs. From what I have heard from those who have done testing on PTR, Arcane is still pulling competitive DPS. Just because chart-topping damage wont be as easily obtained as in the current patch doesn't mean you should switch specs.

First off, according to your toon's armory, you haven't progressed very far in current raid content. I don't mean this to sound insulting, but rather to further the idea that you should play the spec you enjoy. If your raid team is wiping due to a fraction of a percentage of a bosses health and you aren't quite pulling the DPS that you are able to, then that's another story; however, even given the future of Arcane I seriously doubt your damage will be the issue if you are playing your class well. Yes, you will probably be required to adapt to a new rotation, but arcane is certainly not the only class subject to this fate in the upcoming patch.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Arcane or Fire. I've been Frost ever since it's been viable for PvE and haven't looked back. I've never had an issue pulling competitive damage in any of the groups I have ran with and I continue to play as Frost because I enjoy it.

02/28/2013 05:23 AMPosted by Neonin

Source? I highly doubt this.

Arcane is so much higher than nearly every spec in the game besides Affliction that I can't see you being correct.
Edited by Fathermáxi on 2/28/2013 9:13 AM PST
90 Dwarf Mage
Source? I highly doubt this.

Arcane is so much higher than nearly every spec in the game besides Affliction that I can't see you being correct.

Come to PTR! what i can say more
90 Undead Priest
02/28/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Neonin
Come to PTR! what i can say more

So let me get this straight...

You have tested all three specs on PTR in full tier 15 gear? I highly doubt this. The fact that you used the word "dead" lessens your credibility to begin with in my opinion. Do you mean "dead" as in not viable or not within the top ten specs? I don't see you providing any specific evidence to support this claim and I have heard much to the contrary.

Frost and Fire were deemed "dead" by many this patch, and yet I still see many doing very well as both. Granted, gear scaling might be a very significant factor, but this does not mean a spec isn't viable.
90 Dwarf Mage
I'm sorry for not being specific i'm talking about progression. At the release of 5.2 patch mage doesn't bring anything special to the raid dps are weak and no raid utility so i bet some of the mages will be replaced by boomkins or ele shaman.
On Ptr you can buy tier15 set for gold so if you want to do some more testing with me hit me up wherever
90 Undead Priest
02/28/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Neonin
At the release of 5.2 patch

What release?

On Ptr you can buy tier15 set for gold so if you want to do some more testing with me hit me up wherever

What tests? I see no logs, simcraft, or anything for that matter coming from you. I don't doubt that there are weaknesses, but back your claims up before blatantly complaining in multiple threads.
90 Dwarf Mage
02/28/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Fathermáxi
What tests? I see no logs, simcraft,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7979939128#1
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7924333777#1
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7895009672#1
etc
i didn't log any of these fights and as always it is only my pov but compare to you i have been testing it So now tell me what Did you DO?
Edited by Neonin on 2/28/2013 4:12 PM PST
90 Undead Priest
02/28/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Neonin
i didn't log any of these fights and as always it is only my pov but compare to you i have been testing it So now tell me what Did you DO?

I never claimed I tested. I just said I doubted you accuracy in your "all three specs are dead" opinion. I've seen all of these threads; I'm aware there is testing going on, haha. Also, my point still remains.

Show me some logs! I'm honestly interested because my fellow Mage I run with regularly doesn't seem to be having nearly the issues you are having. Yes, he is upset about the Arcane nerf as well but he says hes seen roughly a 12% - 18% difference in his damage given the encounter which has been putting him in the upper-middle portion of the pack. If his experience sheds any light on the future, then Arcane is where it should have been all along.
90 Troll Mage
i think scorch weaving made the spec more fun. something different then the cata play style
90 Dwarf Mage
yea scorch weaving on live>evocation on ptr for arcane
Edited by Neonin on 3/1/2013 5:59 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
Are you high?
90 Undead Mage
Neonin's posts don't... really mean anything. He's been on here pretty much all day sobbing about imaginary math.

We just have to respect his lifestyle choices.
90 Dwarf Mage
02/28/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Tlazolteotl
Are you high?

No but i bet you are
Evocation on ptr consumes all Arcane Charge and heals you for about 10% ---sucky

No offence but most of you guys didn't even clear the 16/16 normal raid so stay and keep clearing LFR and think that you are pro! have fun
Edited by Neonin on 3/1/2013 7:17 AM PST
90 Undead Priest
Neonin's posts don't... really mean anything. He's been on here pretty much all day sobbing about imaginary math.

Lol! Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this...

03/01/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Neonin
No offence but most of you guys didn't even clear the 16/16 normal raid so stay and keep clearing LFR and think that you are pro! have fun

I cleared 16/16, 5/6 HM, and was the original one to challenge your opinion in this thread. Your argument(s) is invalid.

Also you are anything but a pro. True professionals learn to play their class regardless of the hand they're dealt. They provide evidence to support their claims and post in the PTR forums to assist in feedback as well instead of complaining about the dev's decisions.
Edited by Fathermáxi on 3/1/2013 12:39 PM PST

Whether you're in PTR or not, you're Arcane/Frost. You're playing a spec you don't play on fights you haven't mastered.

Fire is taking a 10% hit to Pyro. That's it. That's hardly "dead", especially once the gear starts scaling up. It hardly needs PTR testing to say it's a nerf of, at most, 5% at launch that will get smaller as we gear up.
90 Dwarf Mage
It was already posted all over the forum Magelski you are kind off late
02/28/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
in 5.2, but we agree that nerfing Critical Mass unfairly targets less well geared players

All of my post was about the nerf to CM

There is a 5.2 Interview with Greg Street
http://www.totemspot.com/vb/content.php?r=143-5.2-Interview-with-Greg-Street

" If you’re in a guild that generally kills a few heroic raid bosses at most, then you could probably improve your DPS by 20-30% or more just by hitting the right buttons at the right time and worrying less about arcana like soft caps."
If you can't think 'off the book' pls stay in LFr and stop posting.

03/01/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Mageski
Whether you're in PTR or not, you're Arcane/Frost. You're playing a spec you don't play on fights you haven't mastered.

On PTR i do have over 8 toons all over the servers speced reforged gemed for each spec.
'Now i understand why real pro mages doesn't post on this forum to many LFR scrubs'
have fun in LFR i'm going to stop posting now
Edited by Neonin on 3/1/2013 1:34 PM PST
90 Undead Priest
03/01/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Neonin
All of my post was about the nerf to CM

I'm sorry for not being specific i'm talking about progression. At the release of 5.2 patch mage doesn't bring anything special to the raid dps are weak and no raid utility so i bet some of the mages will be replaced by boomkins or ele shaman.

^ wat?

Do you even read your posts?

Also, the quote you linked in multiple threads now states that fire is viable with gear. So is fire dead or not? Make up your mind.

have fun in LFR

Mageski is WAY more credible than you and has plenty of raid experience. Why do you keep making this "have fun in LFR" assertion when the only people who have dismantled your arguments are active raiders?

i'm going to stop posting now

Good! Save yourself the embarrassment.
90 Draenei Mage
'Now i understand why real pro mages doesn't post on this forum to many LFR scrubs'

Now that's a funny quote...

Plenty of "real pro mages" post here. FYI just because you've cleared content doesn't make you a "pro".

And it's don't by the way.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]