How is the healing from death strike calculat

90 Troll Hunter
ed

It says 20% of damage taken in the past 5 seconds. Is this damage taken before or after mitigation?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
It's calculated by the damage you suffer. In other words, it's based on totally unmitigated damage, stuff that's not dodge, parried, or absorbed with your Blood Shield. This is why most tanks stack mastery so extensively, because our mastery and avoidance actively work against one another.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm fairly certain that damage absorbed by blood shield and/or healer bubbles still counts as damage taken. I am 100% sure absorbed damage increases vengeance, so I don't see why it wouldn't be calculated for death strike.

Also on fights like Will of the Emperor when I'm building up a max shield while doing the dance. my minimum Death Strike heal definitely increases before my shield breaks.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
There is a minimum threshold as well, which can be amplified by scent of blood procs that you passively get from attacking.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/28/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Karaahl
It's calculated by the damage you suffer. In other words, it's based on totally unmitigated damage, stuff that's not dodge, parried, or absorbed with your Blood Shield. This is why most tanks stack mastery so extensively, because our mastery and avoidance actively work against one another.

To be technical, it is based on the damage you take that decreases your HP, not unmitigated damage.

Armor is mitigation, and, in fact, a giant part of your mitigation at that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
To be technical, it is based on the damage you take that decreases your HP, not unmitigated damage.

Armor is mitigation, and, in fact, a giant part of your mitigation at that.

Sorry, that's what I meant to say :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]