looking for a good alliance server

90 Pandaren Monk
hey guys im looking for a good alliance server to go one that is high populated and the people do raids/pvp ive been server to server and havnt seen anything but dead alliance cities can someone help me plz
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Over on Zul'jin you'll find us hopping with activity on both sides of the Faction Wars. Feel free to check us out.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
US:Stormrage is extremely active, much moreso with PvE than most other servers I've tried. Just stay out of trade district, yikes.

edit: At most recent check, it's top 5 PvE Alliance population server. Nothing dead about it.
Edited by Virtuespets on 3/1/2013 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Extremely helpful site ... keeps track of population and makes realms sortable according to your preferences. Hope it helps.

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
Zul'jin has a high population of French speaking Canadians, I think its their home realm. So, if you are bilingual, you are set. Otherwise, Stormrage is, by far, the highest pop US Alliance server for PvE. Loads of activity. Need a good connection and good PC for no lag in Trade district, but you won't be lonely!
Reply Quote
59 Human Monk
03/01/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Virtuespets
US:Stormrage is extremely active, much moreso with PvE than most other servers I've tried. Just stay out of trade district, yikes.

God, no. Stay out. We are suffering population issues at its extreme. Go elsewhere.

Yes, Zul'jin is active. But it is good? I don't know. There is a large French speaking community on both factions. You need to roll a toon there and poke 'round.

03/01/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Sangberne
What is the most reliable site to get server population information? I was told http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html is out of date.

It's all user data, so accuracy isn't a priority for them.
Edited by Funkchow on 3/1/2013 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
03/01/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Sangberne
So Alliance side on Zul'jin is pretty populated? How is the AH? Would you consider Zul'Jin a high pop server?

I think our AH prices are pretty good.
I've rarely seen it quiet in trade chat outside of post-3am server time
It is one of the tops for Population.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
03/01/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Jiujitsu
Zul'jin has a high population of French speaking Canadians, I think its their home realm. So, if you are bilingual, you are set. Otherwise, Stormrage is, by far, the highest pop US Alliance server for PvE. Loads of activity. Need a good connection and good PC for no lag in Trade district, but you won't be lonely!

The Alliance side has a number of French Canadians, this is true but there is much more than that to the population of course. I am a Non-French speaking Canadian, and I get along fine.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
IDK, but:

Tichondrius and Bleeding Hollow (*cough*) look like the best choices.

Top 10's in population, fair H/A split, and both are Top 20 US in PvE Progression. At that point, it's up to your EST/PST preference.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us is another good website to check out. Ranks realms by raid progress, shows Alliance to Horde population ratio, etc.
Reply Quote
Tichondrius has a very balanced population between Horde and Alliance, so it is probably the best place if you think that one day you might want to create a horde toon and send over your heirlooms.

If you don't care about balance, Bleeding Hollow, Frostmourne, Korgath and Sargeras all are doing well in PVE (according to wowprogress), have 2200+ ranked pvp players (according to worldofwargraphs) and active auction houses (according to wowuction). If those don't appeal to you, Kel'Thuzad or Mannoroth are also reasonable choices.

If you care about Role playing, Moon Guard is probably your best choice.

This is based only on the numbers and not on community quality, as I have no idea what the people are like in there. As you can see, after this analysis, I chose Tich.
Reply Quote
Stormrage. Busy all the time. Still get log in queues.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/01/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Virtuespets

This.

I had been sitting in the doctor's office reading Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects while I waited for my mom to come out and we could have a girls' day, and a woman stopped and talked to me about WoW. After the usual "What server are you on? Horde or Alliance?" and the discovery that we both play Horde mostly, she invited me to come to Stormrage Horde side, as it was heavy with Alliance. I got curious one day a few months later and rolled an NElf druid and ran to Stormwind.

So. Many. People. At all hours! Trade chat is full of guild recruitments and people looking for pugs. I actually experienced lag from the amount of people running about, which was new for me.

Long story short, if you want a full server of Alliance people, go Stormrage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I love Sargeras. Huge population without the login queue's of realms such as Illidan. Highly progressed for pvp/pve. It's a pvp realm, however the only bad is a serious imbalance where alliance outnumbers horde. Lots of pugs, trade chat moves exceedingly fast, and AH is filled always.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
03/01/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Antrac
hey guys im looking for a good alliance server to go one that is high populated and the people do raids/pvp ive been server to server and havnt seen anything but dead alliance cities can someone help me plz

Hello Fellow Horde of Stormreaver :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I personally think Stormrage is the best Alliance PVE realm by far. It's extremely stacked on the alliance side which is what I like on a PVE realm. I used to play there years ago. If Draenor keeps losing players I MIGHT think about transferring my main there. Big maybe as I am against Blizzard's overpriced fees. Still though... It's hard to play on a dying realm when you know there are better ones out there. Area 52 is like Stormrage except it's almost all Horde. Those two are the best PVE servers imo. The fact that they're both extremely lopsided towards one faction = tons of activity all the time.
Edited by Jaraska on 3/1/2013 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
im not looking to reroll as seeing I don't have much time to play other than in the morning but I am looking to swap xfer realms with my lvl 13 guild just me in the guild right now with my two toons hunter and priest. looking for a new start or new friends thatll wanna join or something. getting bored enough to actually quit again. im having no luck with any one responding to my post on the forums or even in game or on wow pages. anything or anyone leaving a comment of some kind would be greatful. im also not looking for a high pop realm with high ques either. just want something fun and I can do things with other people
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]