cross-realm raiding

90 Pandaren Monk
Will cross-realm raiding of 5.0 raids be possible once 5.2 is released?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/300000137281933312

Yes
Edited by Spartaxan on 2/21/2013 6:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
nice, ty
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Haha i just transfered from KT :D Hows that realm doin :)

Tell snowy skillvex says hi :)
Edited by Spartaxan on 2/21/2013 7:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
May as well turn this thread into something useful and ask why people want cross-realm raids for content that is only slightly outdated. Just wondering. I personally see no benefit what so ever for progression raiders aside from getting more teams to gear alts with.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
May as well turn this thread into something useful and ask why people want cross-realm raids for content that is only slightly outdated.

Change the word "people" with the word " Blizzard "

My feeling are this. Blizzard may very well be setting up or preparing for a shift to current Xpac / current tier content cross-realm raiding by testing the waters with the less controversial current Xpac / older tier content. They may be looking to see the communities response to this change and then possibly consider a change to current content in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/22/2013 05:56 AMPosted by Hespler
May as well turn this thread into something useful and ask why people want cross-realm raids for content that is only slightly outdated. Just wondering. I personally see no benefit what so ever for progression raiders aside from getting more teams to gear alts with.

Because it is often hard to get a raid team to "go back" to previous tier content to finish things like achievements and heroic modes that weren't completed. Some people still want those achievements, metas, mounts, etc. from that "only slightly outdated" content.

Cross-realm groups make things like this a bit easier and can be "scheduled" on websites such as Openraid.us instead of trying to PuG at the last minute.

Nothing from previous tiers is really "needed", but that doesn't mean it's not still "wanted".
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

If you are looking at it from a pure progression standpoint in a raid where all members are more than appropriately geared for the newest content, then you are right, there is no benefit. But some folks will want to head back for That Item - the thing that never dropped, or more often, the thing that is OP for its level/BIS. The most recent example that I can think of is the Shard of Woe, which dropped off Sinestra (T11). People were going back for that while working on Dragon Soul (T13) IIRC.

People also want to head back for transmog - LFR gear in most cases is colored differently from other versions. Given the lack of interest in anything but the most current content by the majority of the raiding playerbase, cross-realm is the way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Bigger pool to fish from, basically.

Lately, my schedule has meant that I have to miss one night of raiding with my guild each week. In those times, I skip the MSV farm night, rather than the HoF progression night.

But I like the easy VP from MSV, and there are still some upgrades there for me (Feng's off-hand, for example).

Currently, I only have as the available pool those people on my realm. Open it to xrealm, and I can fish for raiders anywhere who want to come along. It's like selling a coffee table. You can try selling it within your apartment building, and you might sell it. But if you can offer it to everyone in your city, you're more likely to sell it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]