Noobie blood tank in need of help

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just started LFR's and I am having problems with my threat. Any advice? I tried capping hit....and that didnt help.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Warrior
Blood presence? Character link? 2h weapon?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Sorry about that:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Cl%C3%B2t/advanced

Yes in Blood
2 hander

I am applying diseases , heart strike , blood boil, etc. a noob pally and warrior just make me look like I was in anti threat mode.....i was 5 i levels ahead of them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You have almost no expertise. 14.5% of your attacks are going to be dodged or parried. You also are .8% under the hit cap.

That is a lot of threat that is probably going into the bit bucket.

7 un-enchanted items, and 1 empty socket.

I know next to nothing about DKs anymore, have not tanked on one since ICC. But I would also check the DK forums for a blood tank sticky.

Hopefully someone that knows far more about DKs can help you here, as well. GL!
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Warrior
Agreed with Chuin. I know expertise isn't as important for DK's as it is for, say, warriors or paladins, but if you're having threat problems that's the second place to look, behind the proper stance/spec/presence.

Also, if you find anything by Reniat, Krinu, or Eflow(leeflow) you can pretty much take it to the bank.

Random question - is this for aoe, single target, or both?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
7 unenchanted items
1 empty socket in 1 item
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle
Jewelcrafting: 2 unused Serpent's Eye

Wow....are you even trying? The Serpent's Eyes are basically free and you didn't use them?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
@thebusiness......aoe.... once the pally laid concencrate or the warrior heroic leaped.....i lost aggro.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Warrior
Lost it to a consecrate? This really really really sounds like a blood presence issue. Does BP have any stories surrounding it like that old Righteous Fury bug where it wouldn't always maintain threat following a death?

If you had said monk, I would have said "working as intended". And while heroic leap does hit pretty hard, this seems (in my mind) like you have the mobs, therefore getting the vengeance, and then another tank comes along and yanks them off of you. I know there's some gear work to be done, but still. It shouldn't be *that* bad. :-/ Next time it happens, see if they've popped wings or dropped a banner or something.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/22/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Thebusiness
If you had said monk, I would have said "working as intended".

That hurts :P
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Warrior
It's all love, baby. :-)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
No wings...no banner.... I have all the tank classes.....so I know what to look for. As for the trolling about not having enchants ,etc...they didnt either....so even playing ground... Heck....one guy was still wearing greens.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Well, if you're going to dismiss the gems/enchants.... Got logs?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I got killed by a boss yesterday. Please tell me why or let me know if you have any tips.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/22/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Chuin
14.5% of your attacks are going to be dodged or parried.

Rune Strike can't be d/b/p'd so expertise is pretty meh for threat.

OP sounds more like it's pebkac.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I guess your all right.....its probably a pebkac error. Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Make sure every single time you zone into an instance or raid you shift out of blood presence and back in (after a wipe, fresh to the zone, etc). It can be buggy.

Also make sure you are passing out some deathstrikes and runestrikes. Diseases and bloodboil are not a whole lot of threat by themselves unless you have a ton of vengeance.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
After looking at your armoury, I have noticed you are in lots of Dps gear and along with the problems stated above this could pose a rather large issue, I would suggest reforging all of that crit into Mastery Expertise and hit, As a blood DK having lots of mastery is never a down but crit on the other side isn't very important to us, capping both your hit/expertise will give you a threat boost but not enough for you to justify not having gems/enchants on certain pieces. On your head I would put an [Austere Primal Diamond] and [Fine Vermilion Onyx] and if you are going to keep those Jasper Clawfeet for tanking i would reforge Crit into hit (Replace any chance you get since they are dps gear) along with replacing you current gem for [Fractured suns radiance], If you are going to keep that belt reforge crit into another helpful stat and add [Puissant Wild Jade] and [Fractured Sun's Radiance] to them.(Again replace it soon it's dps gear) On that mace you have I would "Re-enchant" it if you will to [Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle] I would give more advice, but honestly it would help you learn your class more if I redirected you to a site like Noxxic.com to have you read up on what's important for you.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I am applying diseases , heart strike , blood boil, etc. a noob pally and warrior just make me look like I was in anti threat mode.....i was 5 i levels ahead of them.

Runestrike or Deathstrike are your openers to usually guarantee holding threat. If you're grabbing a group of 3+ mobs, open with DnD or Outbreak/Bloodboil (with roilingblood talent). If the dps isn't flying off the handle at the start you can usually get away with stacking your diseases to spread via bloodboil, then toss in runestrike or deathstrike. With the free bloodboil/dnd procs, aoe threat is not a problem most of the time.

Get omen threat meter for visual confirmation. I prefer to play it safe and make sure hit/exp are capped or close. Gear wise, eh you're in frost spec and frost gear it looks like atm.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
For aoe tanking, rather than omen, possibly better to get tidy plates + threat plates.

Allows you to see at a glance which mobs need the most of your love.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have never reformed into hit or expertise. Mastery/dodge all the way. But personally, my opening rotation is DnD, Outbreak, BB, DS whenever possible, RS when I have a good amount of RP. Then if 3+ mobs, BB, otherwise HS. For boss pulling, skip DnD and BB. I cannot think of a threat issue I have had in MoP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]