A few MOP questions

2 Dwarf Mage
I bought the battle chest a week ago and activated it, I also bought the Cata expansion but haven't activated that yet so I was wondering when I activate it do I get a free 7 day trial of MOP?

Also I have a few questions on top of that:

-Would I be able to play the monk class?

-Also is it like a regular trial where you can only go to level 20 or can you go higher than that?

-If I make a panda character and have it rest at an Inn or City and don't come back to play it for a few years, would it be possible that the rested XP/blue bar goes all the way to 90 or whatever the level cap is in like 1-2 years?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/23/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Dwarfmageguy
do I get a free 7 day trial of MOP?

You'll be able to sign up for a free 10 day trial once you upgrade to Cataclysm.

-Would I be able to play the monk class?

Yep although the character will be locked once your trial expires. You'll be able to play it again once you upgrade to Mists of Pandaria.

-Also is it like a regular trial where you can only go to level 20 or can you go higher than that?

Nope. You'll have access to all of the content and you can gain experience until you're one experience short of 86.

What content do I have access to during the 10-day free trial?
The trial will have access to all of the expansion content, including the new Monk character class, and Mists of Pandaria-exclusive areas such as the Jade Forest and more. These new zones are recommended for characters who have reached level 85. While you can complete Mists of Pandaria quests and earn powerful new items, any characters you play during the trial will stop gaining experience at one point below level 86.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/mists-of-pandaria-trial-faq#q4

-If I make a panda character and have it rest at an Inn or City and don't come back to play it for a few years, would it be possible that the rested XP/blue bar goes all the way to 90 or whatever the level cap is in like 1-2 years?

You can only have up to 30 bubbles worth of rested experience (150% of your current level).
Edited by Novalas on 2/23/2013 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If your account is upgraded to Cataclysm, you can get a 10-day trial of Mists of Pandaria.

1. Yes, you can play the monk class on the MoP trial. Once the trial expires, that character will be locked until you upgrade your account.

2. No, it's not like a trial account. Read the FAQ article:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/mists-of-pandaria-trial-faq

3. No, for two reasons. One, races have nothing to do with account types so you can make a Pandaren without having Mists of Pandaria. Two, that's not how rested experience gain works - you can only store up to 150% of your current level in rested experience.

Edit: Damn, Nova's stacking haste today.
Edited by Icedragon on 2/23/2013 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I believe after you have cata you'll have the option to try MOP for 10 days. You can make a monk yes. The MOP trial is a trial of MOP content. You won't be able to level to 86, but you'll be able to max your XP at 85. I'm really not sure what you mean when you compare it to the regular trial.

Rested XP has a max of 1 and a half levels. The only bonus for having a panda is that rested xp is accumulated twice as fast. This really has nothing to do with MOP though, everyone can make pandas.

You can find more info about the MOP trial here

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/mists-of-pandaria-trial-faq#q1

In case I missed anything it looks like I got beaten by 2 others :P
Edited by Monmonn on 2/23/2013 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Mage
Alright guess my questions are answered, thank you Nova, Ice and Mon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]