Next expansion to be 10 levels?

90 Orc Warrior
Well I was thinking about the next expansion..

It is confirmed that Blizzard said MoP is a slow "calm before the storm" expansion. Ok so that pretty much means that the next expansion is supposed to be really big right?

Thinking of 95 it just doesn't feel right. It wouldn't work. They couldn't keep this talent system in any form they would have to do something like Cata's and past expansions talent system. Another thing is that 100 is supposed to be this "good" number for MMOs or something. If the next expansion is supposed to be crazy 100 seems to be the right choice.
Also they could be reserving 100 for WoWs last expansion.

I don't know I could be totally wrong but I just wanted to state my opinion on it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
they have said they dont have plans for a final exspansion and they will keep making as long as they keep selling and have a decent amount of subscribers. It would be a huge hit to the company if they just stopped making exspansions anytime soon.

I agree the 5 level system is hurting in terms of new spells/talents because its so limited already how they changed it. I think if they went back to bigger talenting system is the only way a 10 level would work.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Size of an expansion doesn't necessarily mean there has to be a huge level increase.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
they have said they dont have plans for a final exspansion and they will keep making as long as they keep selling and have a decent amount of subscribers. It would be a huge hit to the company if they just stopped making exspansions anytime soon.

I agree the 5 level system is hurting in terms of new spells/talents because its so limited already how they changed it. I think if they went back to bigger talenting system is the only way a 10 level would work.

I rather todays talent system. It lets me play how I like to play.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope so.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
Only problem I see either way with 5/10 level increases is that they made the talents 15 level differences, so does this mean we`re 2 or 3 expansions before out next `big` skill? Or do they do something like with cata where they parcelled out talent points every other level until previous max, then one each.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
If they shorten the exp needed in those levels to be gained like the normal 5 levels sure knock yourself out...But I will not go through 10 levels of 10 billion exp.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
How many times have talents changed now? Don't be surprised to see another system implemented
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/23/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Twyztyd
If they shorten the exp needed in those levels to be gained like the normal 5 levels sure knock yourself out...But I will not go through 10 levels of 10 billion exp.

they would scale down the experience for sure.

the only reason its so much now is because they want it to take a while to level because its only 5 levels.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Furytime

They have no plans to stop at 100.

As far as levels go, they have been happy with the 5 levels because it keeps stat inflation under control and makes the gear reset easy to manage.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

It is confirmed that Blizzard said MoP is a slow "calm before the storm" expansion. Ok so that pretty much means that the next expansion is supposed to be really big right?

Thinking of 95 it just doesn't feel right. It wouldn't work. They couldn't keep this talent system in any form they would have to do something like Cata's and past expansions talent system. Another thing is that 100 is supposed to be this "good" number for MMOs or something. If the next expansion is supposed to be crazy 100 seems to be the right choice.

I don't know I could be totally wrong but I just wanted to state my opinion on it.

From what I understand from rumors is the next expansion is the last world of warcraft expansion with a level increase of 10 levels to cap us at 100 and thats it.

There will be no more expansions and that is why Titan may be revealed this year if the rumors are true.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

From what I understand from rumors is the next expansion is the last world of warcraft expansion with a level increase of 10 levels to cap us at 100 and thats it.

There will be no more expansions and that is why Titan may be revealed this year if the rumors are true.

Yeah, that rumor has been going on for years. No way Blizzard just shuts down WoW. Even with half the people playing (or less) they would still find ways to make money.
Edited by Pryde on 3/2/2013 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
62 Gnome Priest

Big hit? Blizzard is owned by Activision now, one of the biggest, if not, the biggest publisher/game company in the world right now. Plus, Blizzard's focusing on a new MMO as well, so I don't think that they'd be taking a huge hit.
Reply Quote
37 Gnome Priest
I like the idea of only adding 5 levels each time. Keeps the gear inflation to a minimum. They can add lots of content and other things to do and have a massive expansion without adding 10 levels. Although it would make sense for the talent system.
Reply Quote
But if they are working on a new MMO they have to tred carefully...I dont think they want to tick of all the WOW fans
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]