ret paladins going to sht next patch

90 Night Elf Druid
I was just wondering why the hell ret paladins are getting no damage buffs?
every other class is getting buffed in the damage department but ret pallys get nothing??
what is with this sht pallys dont even do that much sustained damage so why dont they get a buff?
can someone answer these questions or is blizzard just to retarded
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Because Blizzard likes where Ret is. That means that their goal is to bring other specs closer to Ret (see: mage and Fury nerfs).

Also Ret's getting a pretty big buff with a baseline 2 minute Avenging Wrath (which means we get that plus another set bonus).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
they are no getting flat damage buffs like other classes
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I don't know why some of you bother responding to these types of threads with well thought out posts.

02/23/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Craiig

Did you read anything posted in here at all?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
02/23/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Craiig

Flat damage adjustments aren't everything. (And if you're referring to PvP, Ret is in fact getting a flat damage buff from an additional 200 PvP power on gear.)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/19/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
We're not seeing Ret DPS below where we want it on live, except on AE or cleave fights, which these changes aren't targeted to correct.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/23/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Cayse
We're not seeing Ret DPS below where we want it on live, except on AE or cleave fights, which these changes aren't targeted to correct.

below?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They haven't done their AoE DPS tuning phase yet. I'd expect more changes sometime this week.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/23/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Lobster
He didn't word it very well. Basically he's saying ret's overall DPS is on target but its AOE/cleave DPS may need a buff.

This pretty much.

Rets are getting some really good defensive surv buffs though!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So "not getting buffed" is the new nerfed now, I guess?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Reading and understanding patch notes is obviously as hard as maintaining Inquisition, give the OP a break.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/23/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Vlada
Reading and understanding patch notes is obviously as hard as maintaining Inquisition, give the OP a break.

Watching the flow of traffic generated by the buffs and then nerfs the next day on pvp forums is pretty funny, especially when it's people who obviously just saw the buffs and then stopped reading the changes so they could freak out on a forum. That and 90% of the people on pvp forums don't understand the fairly basic "these are pve dps tuning changes" concept.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Everyone needs to remember that we all have our own personal preferences.

Personally I would rather have more buffs to my damage than to survival or utility. But, again that's just my personal preference.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Everyone needs to remember that we all have our own personal preferences.

Personally I would rather have more buffs to my damage than to survival or utility. But, again that's just my personal preference.

Sure. Everyone likes buffs. But if our damage is on target now, what will happen if Blizzard buffs it? They'll nerf it later. Would you accept being happier now knowing that you'll be angry later?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/23/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Cayse

02/23/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Lobster
He didn't word it very well. Basically he's saying ret's overall DPS is on target but its AOE/cleave DPS may need a buff.

You didn't read it very well.. He said "where WE want it". WE meaning the devs. What they don't say is where they want us to be. They could want us to be near the bottom of the meters, somewhere in the middle, or maybe even closer to the top.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
the changes that are coming in 5.2 for retribution are largely responsible for me not going monk next patch for raiding, even though monks are super fun to play. i fail to see how the spec has been made worse by flat-out buffing it's healing and damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]