ret paladins going to sht next patch

100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/24/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Thadium
You didn't read it very well.. He said "where WE want it". WE meaning the devs. What they don't say is where they want us to be. They could want us to be near the bottom of the meters, somewhere in the middle, or maybe even closer to the top.

I read it fine, I also read the other posts where he explains it. I'm just not going to link an entire thread, if people want to educate themselves on what is going on with the game they can do it on their own.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How dare you suggest people take advantage of the modern marvel "The Internet". What the hell do you take people for?

You're reported.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I think most people agree that damage inside of our CD window is certainly good and outside of CD's it is below average. With the AW buff plus the extra pvp power damage should be even better.

The main complaint most of us have this season is after the pvp hybrid nerf our survivability is crap and we get trained almost every game now. With some extra healing back from pvp power and if I recall correctly we are going to be getting decent buff to Flash of Light (I think from Sword of Light) it should help our self healing quite a bit plus we are going to be getting a cleanse to use on a partner that can help us peel or heal us so our survivability is certainly getting a boost.

Once our survivability goes up we will live long enough to actually start seeing our CDs come up again and be able get more kills in. In this way our defense will help our offense as it were.
Edited by Mavericace on 2/24/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As long as people keep playing Paladins, Ret Paladins in this case, Blizzard doesn't feel the need to buff them too much, if at all. Just read what GC said himself on Twitter (question was, "You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid":

There are like 5x as many Ret paladins as all monks put together. :)

I'm saying that despite perceptions, there are still plenty of Rets so maybe they're not in as dire shape as monks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/23/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Deculture
They haven't done their AoE DPS tuning phase yet. I'd expect more changes sometime this week.

When did you leave <devise>!?!

I was kinda wondering why I hadn't seen you around the Shrine :P

On-topic: I don't see how everyone isn't ecstatic that we're getting 2-minute AW again. It really is a huge buff. And like Lobster said, almost every other facet has been touched on aside from aoe/cleave, which will more than likely be pushed to the front of the line before 5.2 hits.

I like where we're at, and I'm really excited for 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Everyone needs to remember that we all have our own personal preferences.

Personally I would rather have more buffs to my damage than to survival or utility. But, again that's just my personal preference.

Sure. Everyone likes buffs. But if our damage is on target now, what will happen if Blizzard buffs it? They'll nerf it later. Would you accept being happier now knowing that you'll be angry later?

No, i'd be pretty pissed. Like when we went from WotLK to Cata *grumbles to self*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid":

There are like 5x as many Ret paladins as all monks put together. :)

I'm saying that despite perceptions, there are still plenty of Rets so maybe they're not in as dire shape as monks.

The more people keep quoting this as proof of 'the man keeping us down', the more I'm starting to believe that somehow making assumptions became a viable way of thinking. What happened to rational, logical thought? The quote isn't up to everyone's personal interpretation, it's not an abstract painting, is it? I know the devs love when people are passionate about the game and their toons, but there's a limit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't want more single target dps. I want evenly spread dps. Increasing the damage of CS, TV, Sword of Light, or even Inq to whatever would still just be a quick fix to our roller coaster damage.

I do hope for some minor AoE buffs though.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/23/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Lobster
- increased PVP Power proc from gloves

The PvP Power proc is the 2-piece bonus, not the gloves' equip. I believe the effect you're thinking of is the increased range for Judgement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am looking foward to the AW buff and the additional PVP power we are getting from a set.

I am seriously excited for the Eternal Flame buff!!
I really love that talent, but as of right now, it is kind of weak.
It's getting a 100% boost when casted on self, so that will be good for HoTing ourselves.

I think our damage is pretty average right now, outside of CDs.
But when I pop my AW/HA, I can get really bursty and put up some good numbers.

Our survivability is 'okay', a little below average.

But with all of the other nerfs classes are getting, and oh god some classes needed to get nerfed..

Things should balance out pretty well for us.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Because we don't need damage buffs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Vindicare
Because we don't need damage buffs.

the changes they made will help out. the best they can do is maybe increase mastery by a few %.

It seems people are crying to be fotm, not fixed, but overpowered lol
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
02/23/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Cezar
Prot is lacking in mobility due to poor design, and survivability due to the blanket nerf to healing.

Agree on the mobility, though our choice in talents can help with that.

As far as Survivability though? are we talking PvE or PvP? cause in PvE with the right set up we can survive alot (I have personally taken 3 overwelming assults on Blade Lord reg and lived).

Healing:
Tanking seal is Seal of Insight, NOT Seal of truth unless going for damage and glyph SoI for a bit of AoE healing
Sacred Shield should be talent of choice for that teir, thought that might change with patch and keep it up at all times
I use Holy prism for my lvl 90 talents as prot, decient damage and healing on a short CD
Pinch heal with boosted WoG if needed

If prot paladins are having trouble surviving, likely they have forgotten a spell or are lacking in stats some place, we really need to be as close to hit and exp hard cap as we can be to make sure we are generating Holy Power.

I actualy like the change to Grand Crusader, gives us a reason to want dodge/parry, either pasive or activated (trinkets/eng tinker) though I might have kept the proc form hitting with crusader in, just reduce that proc in favor of the dodge/parry one (like 10% from CS, 25% from dodge/parry).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Ghostcrawler
- Sword of Light now increases damage by 15% up from 10%.

I'll just leave this here
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Thermadin

Good !@#$, this is nice too!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/26/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Thermadin

Thanks Thermadin.
I honestly think Paladins are doing average/good right now.
But to those who want to go hardcore, Play the class you enjoy, and if the class gets to a weak point, then just sit on the side and enjoy the class overall and in wpvp. We are in a decent state right now, not overpowered nor underpowered. And while we are gear reliant, I have killed some players with better gear than me on this pally(saving up honor etc for 5.2 but near limit gonna start buying gear finally lol).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret is getting buffed for damage, heals and utility in 5.2. There is no need to complain about arena viability. We won't be doing rbgs as ret or prot, but that's for another thread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They haven't done their AoE DPS tuning phase yet. I'd expect more changes sometime this week.

When did you leave <devise>!?!

I was kinda wondering why I hadn't seen you around the Shrine :P

On-topic: I don't see how everyone isn't ecstatic that we're getting 2-minute AW again. It really is a huge buff. And like Lobster said, almost every other facet has been touched on aside from aoe/cleave, which will more than likely be pushed to the front of the line before 5.2 hits.

I like where we're at, and I'm really excited for 5.2.

Oh hey. I left around 3 weeks ago or so.

The Avenging Wrath buff is pretty big as we're essentially getting our old 4pc T14 bonus for free (on top of getting 10% bonus seal/judgment damage in its place) which will make transitioning into 5.2 that much better.

Now, with the SoL buff, I am very eagerly looking forward to 5.2.
Edited by Deculture on 2/26/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]