XP off BGs outdated?

29 Draenei Shaman
Just started getting back into the twinking game after a long hiatus and i was thinking about twinks being forced out of regular bgs due to leveling players being (understandably) upset when they were destroyed by more powerful toons. Is this seperation still necessary? most of the crazy items that were obtainable through quests are grandfathered and the difference between a full boa toon and a toon with no boas is larger than a boa toon and a twink. with the upcoming 5.2 change to low level pvp bringing every toon to max level for the bracket i see even less reason for this split to be in the game. on top of that blizz has since introduced F2P accounts who's xp is turned off at 20 currently and are put into bg with 24 twinks with access to boas and resources from 90 mains.
TLDR: the advent of boa items and FtP accounts has made the xp on-xp off split bgs unnecessary.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
02/24/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Burrows
Is this seperation still necessary?

Yep.

/thread.
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
why? i had no trouble leveling toons and bging in each bracket before the split i see no reason why people have trouble now with almost equal gear. i just want to be able to log onto a toon thats not 90 or 24 and be able to queue an xp off bg.
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Warrior
I can still remember just rolling over a whole Alliance team. Single handedly murdering them all and keeping them in their GY. The only thing about the split that makes me sad is that there are virtually no games.
Reply Quote
19 Human Priest
It's more fun to play twink vs twink than twink vs levellers. You'd also lose the sense of community.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
02/24/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Warglaive
Is this seperation still necessary?

Yep.

/thread.
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
that's the thing though, it IS more fun playing twink vs twink but i feel like i lost the community years ago, almost overnight when we figured out our instant queues were gone everyone quit twinking. my previously active guild is now deserted and i am the only one that has logged on in 5 months. i believe the 19 bracket is more active than most (correct me if im wrong) so that would provide that sense of community but i dont think i've seen a 29 player i used to play with in at least 3 years.
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
and hows that going for everyone? i dont want to come across as a **%%%!%! but here we are organizing games 2 nights a week over the forums when there's no need of it. the playing field is as even as its ever going to be atm. the difference between a freshly dinged 90 and a full malv 90 is waaaay larger than any two low characters of the same level with boas. at least someone leveling a toon can buy boas for x JP/honor/gold but that fresh 90 will almost certainly never catch up to the player who has 8 weeks more to farm CP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
my twink isn't even done and I can guarentee you that anyone not twinked won't survive a single deep freeze from me and the tears will flow like water falls
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Monk
As a mainly xp-off player, I think it is still necessary.

Sometimes for funsies I turn xp back on and GO GO GAHZIRRA some BG's.
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
02/24/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Toskosa
and hows that going for everyone? i dont want to come across as a **%%%!%! but here we are organizing games 2 nights a week over the forums when there's no need of it. the playing field is as even as its ever going to be atm. the difference between a freshly dinged 90 and a full malv 90 is waaaay larger than any two low characters of the same level with boas. at least someone leveling a toon can buy boas for x JP/honor/gold but that fresh 90 will almost certainly never catch up to the player who has 8 weeks more to farm CP.

quantity over quality i see how you roll.

Why cant we have both? some of the most fun i've had in wow is coming up against horde premades while playing with my 29 friends. having to bench my character i've put so much work into 5 days a week isn't fun. maybe it is necessary, but noone has provided a convincing argument to me yet... idk i really don't see the difference between taking this shaman into random bgs and taking my warrior (whom i havn't pvped competitively with this season apart from capping cp most weeks) into random bg's and lolreckstomping 300k hp priests.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
02/24/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Burrows
why? i had no trouble leveling toons and bging in each bracket before the split i see no reason why people have trouble now with almost equal gear. i just want to be able to log onto a toon thats not 90 or 24 and be able to queue an xp off bg.

You sure? given that before the split their was no xp in bg's and how is it the fault of the xp on players that you can't find games with xp off?
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
im positive. i wasn't leveling IN the bg i was stopping at 29,39,49 etc to pvp for fun. and it's the fault of the crybabies who entered a 29 bg at 25 and complained about getting stomped until blizz separated everything. anecdotal evidence inc: you know what i did to fight twinks i couldnt kill in bgs? avoid them and play the objectives. usually they were farming those level 25 players in mid the whole time. besides, there was only 1-2 in each bg you had to worry about anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Anybody can que for XP on PvP all they want. So wheres the separation?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
When the up-levelling is implemented at some distant point in time I think the OP’s question on separation becomes relevant.

A lot has changed from when armies of twinked 19 hunters were running around one shotting 10’s in whites who had little chance even to land a hit.

The brackets are half as wide in terms of level and that’s still not been enough. Once everyone hits like they’re at the bracket max and presumably have the corresponding stats it’ll be a lot different to the old 10 level bracket days.

Sure there will be a few brackets where gear overlaps from newer xpacs for uber stats or massive resilience is possible with old scaling and 40% base but that’s just lack of development resource to fix issues.

I’d like to think levelling PvP will be hugely improved by up-levelling participants. Maybe, just maybe it will be possible for primarily PvE players to find PvP enjoyable while levelling and develop a taste for it and start to grow the number of PvP players. Then again, burst will probably get a buff and any playability gains will just be undone.

Regardless, I don't think XP off will cease being separated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]