Ret's Physical Abilities

90 Human Paladin
Does it bother anyone else that our melee abilities are the ones that hit the least?

I know that we are a hybrid class, I get that, but CS hits for nothing and TV doesnt feel rewardin g enough, I know we have a decent amount of magical stuff, I just wish they had TV and CS doing a little more damage because right now it just feels like im a caster with a huge sword lol when i pop AW and HA i RARELY spend it on TV or CS because it's not really worth it, Exorcism and HoW hit way harder in every circumstance, even with our mastery (which double dips into resilience) CS still does laughable dmg and TV isnt far behind.

It's like enhance's SS and LL do some significant dmg on top of their WF, shocks and LB/CL, wish we had some more melee abilities and/or strengthened CS and TV.

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/24/2013 08:36 PMPosted by Titanax
CS still does laughable dmg and TV isnt far behind

CS...agree
TV...your crazy!

TV is great and should be your main DMG dealer.
TV + 3Holy power FTW!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I guess I'm more referring to PvP as the rotation doesnt quite work like PvE, u factor in resilience and armor of people, after u do that, TV isnt so strong
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Um... not to bust your bubble but ive hit 112k crits with TV in pvp... full geared players as well...

Im not gonna pretend I know anything on pve but pvp I hit fine with my melee
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Would you prefer the old days of Seals being the primary source of our damage? Prior to Cataclysm, we were even less reliant on melee abilities. Count your blessings.

That said, I do feel that Templar's Verdict isn't rewarding enough. I'm not asking for a huge damage buff for that one ability, but a slight damage increase - whether by inflicting a greater percentage of weapon damage or having the ability scale more with attack power - would be a welcome change.

I also wouldn't mind if our mastery didn't double dip into resilience, but since mastery isn't one of our go-to stats anyway, it's not a tremendously huge deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/24/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Titanax
referring to PvP

02/24/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Valethria
Templar's Verdict isn't rewarding enough

I get that...also I think Ret mobility my be a factor here too.
The beautiful PVE burst we can do is lessened by players(PVP) kiting that just doesn't happen in PVE.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I get that...also I think Ret mobility my be a factor here too.
The beautiful PVE burst we can do is lessened by players(PVP) kiting that just doesn't happen in PVE.

There's also that. I'm not a pro-PvPer by any stretch of the imagination, but I enjoy it casually. It really is frustrating that it's as difficult as it is to stay in melee range. I've lost count of how many mages have slipped through my fingers and pranced away laughing. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/24/2013 08:36 PMPosted by Titanax
Does it bother anyone else that our melee abilities are the ones that hit the least?

Doesn't really bother me, no. TV does hit pretty hard actually, but moreover, it's really not a downside to have several of our best attacks fully effective against tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Um... not to bust your bubble but ive hit 112k crits with TV in pvp... full geared players as well...

No you didn't.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin

No you didn't.

Hey now, maybe he was in temple with a zerker buff and the guy was holding the powerball.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]