Psyfiend Nerf?

90 Undead Priest
Did I read it correctly that Psyfiend on ptr only casts fear on the same target once?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Psyfiend is a skill-less wonder - All hail the nerfs to that horrible spell.

Dominate Mind is the way to go and always has been. Psyfiend was invented for anyone under 17 years old playing the game, then it became popular with the 20+ year old crowd of noobs who were raised on Pokemon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Shouldn't you be padding meters with spirit shell right about now?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Yep, that's how it reads.

Dominate Mind, eh. It does have its uses, especially on Blade's Edge.

Try Void Tendrils. Even against geared DPS it still takes a couple of hits to get out of it, and it's amazingly effective at locking healers down. Want to feel really awesome? Psychic Scream a healer out of LOS of their team, then Void Tendrils them in place. GG!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm not a fan of psyfiend, but I take it because it is effective for what I want it to do.

I just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly.

Also, does dominate mind have a cooldown in 5.2?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
02/25/2013 03:53 PMPosted by States
Also, does dominate mind have a cooldown in 5.2?

It would be useless then! What, with all the interrupts, silences, stuns, knockbacks, and all other forms of CC everyone and their mother now has.
Reply Quote
30 Undead Priest

Dominate Mind is the way to go and always has been. Psyfiend was invented for anyone under 17 years old playing the game, then it became popular with the 20+ year old crowd of noobs who were raised on Pokemon.

>Implying Pokémon is anything less than awesome
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Dominate Mind does have some type of internal cooldown.

Being an avid user when you are not successful with the cast full duration - say your target trinkets, I am not able to cast the spell immediately following the trinket.

It is not a one time occurrence.

Buff in 5.2 to cast time will be amazing for me -

@ Lysiana - that is an excellent strategy that I have never thought of. I usually just top off in 2s and take the healer for a walk where LoS is very prevalent, while my partner has lunch on the opponent DPS' face.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest

Everything ok you with you man? You seem to literary go nuts in the priest forum section.

Btw someone link the ptr note. Can't find it at mmo-champion.
Edited by Moriat on 2/25/2013 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yep more nerfs. I suspect even more incoming soon before the patch hits. Ghostcrawler still can't beat a 1300 shadow priest in a duel yet
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It was nerfed last patch. It can now be one shotted, and takes twice as long to cast a spell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/25/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Erebos
Shouldn't you be padding meters with spirit shell right about now?

loooolllllllllllll
Reply Quote
78 Goblin Priest
02/26/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Mindraype
lol, One of the !@#$tiest spells in the game getting nerfed, big surprise. The %^-*ty psyfiend who dies in 2 shots and who's 2 second cast fear can be KICKED OR SILENCED or stunned /frozen by AoE (sup shockwave/ring of frost) is even !@#$tier. Ghostcrawler must have gotten %^-* on his Mage by a Spriest or something.

...Anyway, I hope they just bite the bullet and delete the !@#$ing Psyfiend. Most anti-skillcap bull%^-* ever. Priests everywhere should rejoice at this nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/25/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Zulax
Dominate Mind is the way to go and always has been.

Except that it's the worst one. Because to CC someone with it you must take urself out of the game too. So you're essentially CCing yourself when you go to CC someone else.

from a shadow pvp standpoint. might be better for healing or pve, not sure, don't do either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
saw this coming. which is why i've been using void tendrils for the past month or two. /nerfdodge!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
You just can't stop with the stupid nerfs blizz, if its not one thing it's the other. What happened to "we're satisfied with healing and phantasm nerfs". It's so frustrating playing a class that a bunch of monkeys in a room flinging poo at each other is trying to balance with no clue how to do so.
Reply Quote
78 Goblin Priest
02/26/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Zereusheals
It's so frustrating playing a class that a bunch of monkeys in a room flinging poo at each other is trying to balance with no clue how to do so.

I'm pretty sure that was how psyfiend was conceived in the first place.

02/26/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Darkapostle
Because to CC someone with it you must take urself out of the game too. So you're essentially CCing yourself when you go to CC someone else.

It's definitely good as disc. Really adds to an offensive playstyle when your team isn't under a lot of pressure.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm of mixed opinions on this....

On one hand, I agree with nerfing fiend further, because let's face it..... The ability is flat out better than everything else on that tier, has a pathetically low skillcap, and is the only one on that tier that can be used ofensively to great effect.

On the other hand, I'm not gonna lie, I loved my crutch, and it was basically how I managed to win 1v1s, or burst people down (by combining a well placed psyfiend's fears, to silence, and then to psy horror putting a pretty brutal lockout on a healer)... Also preventing people from re-entering rooms/corners was an amazingly powerful tool (place it blocking the entrance to a wsg flag room, and the efc's healer either kills it, eats the fears, stays out of the room not healing his tank, or gets into the room and exposes himself to be single target ccd/focused)

It's probably a change for the better overall, as I'd actually consider going back to tendrils now (whereas live Psyfiend, I'd probably still take over tendrils, even if tendrils where a 30 yard ranged targetted aoe root, simply because of the offensive utility and ease of use)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Shadow Priests will become free honor kills come 5.2 release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw

Really? Do they have anymore surprise nerfs up their sleeve?

Can anyone take Blizzard's balance model seriously after this?
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/26/2013 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]