5.2 ilvl 522 blacksmithing items

90 Pandaren Warrior
So I noticed yet again that the high quality items of this tier that are obtainable without relying on a RNG boss drop are haste stated yet again. Why cant you make the items that everyone can get to help them gear up for current content more versitile like hit/crit or mastery/crit or expertise/crit. As a warrior I just feel left out when the the items that I am guaranteed to get to help me stay competitive out of the dps classes available are filled with the most useless stat to a warrior.

Now i know this gear is good for pallies , I dont know how good it is for dk dps but for a warrior to get this haste gear is a waste for us because for us to maximize our stats and dps out put we would have to replace them with something else that drops in the raid.

It just seems a little unfair is all. And for those of you that say how is it unfair (and if this was the first time this xpac this happened I would agree that it was fair ) but this is not the first case. When the game came out I would say 50% of the 5man gear was haste, at least 65% of the valor gear was haste if not more, 90% of the first raid instance including a warriors best in slot trinket was haste along with 5.1 Dominance offensive valor gear was full of haste too. Us non haste using plate wearers had to wait till HoF/ToES/rare world bosses for gear to drop.

Anyways I'm just wondering what blizz might have to say about this. Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Ok I went a little beyond the title of this post.... can itbbe moved and renamed to "What's with all this haste gear????"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Your best in slot trinket was a haste trinket and somehow haste is bad. How do you reconcile these two very different statements in your mind?

Maybe I don't care enough to get into it, but how is haste a bad stat? I can understand it being a less than optimal stat, but it serves a function, no? In 5.2 the effect of haste goes up quite a bit for wars too. Like a lot. That doesn't change your opinion about haste any?

If you still think haste is somehow bad... then explain how your best in slot trinket is a haste trinket?? Because that don't make no sense at all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
people really just equate worst with bad. Just because something is the worst of available options doesnt make it bad.

haste is certainly not bad, it has no negative effect on you. It just has the least positive effect.

Warriors are in a sort of jacked up situation where crit and hit are so far better than other stats it does make things a little sticky. They are like doubling the value of haste for warriors and its still the worst stat.

not really sure where you are coming from with past stuff not being well itemized for warriors though.
Both 478 crafteds have crit and no haste.
1 of the 496 crateds has crit/hit and neither have haste.
In DS bracers had crit, pants were bad.
firelands both hands and feet were hit/crit

i'm sure i could go back further but seems to me crafted gear has treated warriors pretty well. Also if you want to talk about fairness im pretty sure that warriors are the only dps plate that dont highly value haste so you have probably gotten more than your share of well itemized gear.
Edited by Zachfu on 2/27/2013 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
So instead of everything being haste based, you want it crit based? How does that not just screw over another class / spec?

Every tier you get two crafted items for your armor type. Maybe it is BiS, maybe it is just to help with RNG. All depends on your class, spec, and playstyle. But at the end of the day, none of the crafted tier items have been worth buying for a while now. Progression raiders don't need them unless they are BiS, in which case the guild provides them, and casual raiders don't have that kind of coin to waste.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warrior
This isn't Lord of the Rings Online, where you can choose 2 or 3 outputs for stats.

Though, that wouldn't be a bad idea to implement into WoW's crafting. Not sure how far it could go with some professions. For Blacksmiths and Leatherworkers, it'd be great. Have the stamina, str, int, and spirit be the same, but have outputs vary with crit, hit, dodge/parry, haste, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hey, I can't stand all the Matery on Mail gear... it's both Surv and BM's least desired stat.. yet almost every piece of mail gear has mastery on it... even raid drops.

It's frustrating, and their answer... Reforge.

Edit: I'm guessing the easiest soure of gear is meant to be the least desired stats.
Edited by Sylvyr on 2/27/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
How a haste trinket can be best in slot for a warrior where haste is our worse stat is because there isnt another strength dps trinket of that ilvl.

Also as far as haste not being a ndgative stat is true but even doubled haste doesnt have a positive effect either.

And i wasnt talking just about the crafted gear i was talking about the non rng obtainable armor(items that are not dropped, that help you grt to the required performance levels without waiting for a drop). I would say 78-85 % of the gear obtainable without getting it from a boss has haste.
Edited by Convarion on 2/28/2013 1:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/28/2013 01:31 AMPosted by Convarion
And i wasnt talking just about the crafted gear i was talking about the non rng obtainable armor(items that are not dropped, that help you grt to the required performance levels without waiting for a drop). I would say 78-85 % of the gear obtainable without getting it from a boss has haste.

ok lets look at VP gear then
plate dps boots - crit /expertise
plate dps belt - crit/mastery
str trinket - crit proc
str ring - crit/ haste
plate dps chest - hit/expertise
plate dps pants - haste/mastery
plate dps helm - crit/expertise
str trinket - haste use
plate dps shoulders - crit/hit
plate dps boots - crit/expertise
str neck - haste/mastery
plate dps bracers - crit /expertise
str cloak - crit/mastery
str ring - crit/expertise

so i found 15 str dps valor point items. of those 11 have crit and only 3 have haste. 2 of the 3 slots that have haste have 2nd options without haste though they were ring and tiinket.

from just quick looking around i see for frost DKs: mastery > haste > crit and ret pallies: haste > mastery > crit
couldnt really get a definitive finding on unholy DKs but it appears to be mastery > crit > haste

so id say warrior friendly gear is over represented if anything.

TLDR: 75% of current tier crafts have no haste and 80% of VP gear has no haste. almost exactly the opposite of what you claim.
Edited by Zachfu on 2/28/2013 5:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I thought haste was getting bumped for warriors in 5.2 to make it slightly more attractive, but still behind crit.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
All your crit weapons say hello while ret is stuck with the only haste sword off trash that doesn't even have a heroic version to it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
It just means you save some gold Convarion and wait for one of 2 crit/haste helms that drop in the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
For someone so worried about min/maxing you'd think he'd have all his gear enchanted and be in heroic progression.
Edited by Kellivas on 3/25/2013 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/28/2013 05:52 AMPosted by Zachfu

ok lets look at VP gear then
plate dps boots - crit /expertise
str trinket - crit proc
str ring - crit/ haste
plate dps chest - hit/expertise
plate dps pants - haste/mastery
plate dps helm - crit/expertise
str trinket - haste use
plate dps shoulders - crit/hit
plate dps boots - crit/expertise
str neck - haste/mastery
plate dps bracers - crit /expertise
str cloak - crit/mastery
str ring - crit/expertise

so i found 15 str dps valor point items. of those 11 have crit and only 3 have haste. 2 of the 3 slots that have haste have 2nd options without haste though they were ring and tiinket.

from just quick looking around i see for frost DKs: mastery > haste > crit and ret pallies: haste > mastery > crit
couldnt really get a definitive finding on unholy DKs but it appears to be mastery > crit > haste

so id say warrior friendly gear is over represented if anything.

TLDR: 75% of current tier crafts have no haste and 80% of VP gear has no haste. almost exactly the opposite of what you claim.

Traditional Unholy is Haste > Crit > Mastery

Festerblight Might Trade Crit for Mastery in that priority but I don't really do pure festerblight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]