~First Build~

1 Human Rogue
Hey everyone, Im very happy to say this is going to be my first build and Im very excited!
Im buying all the parts from newegg and my budget is $800.

Parts Are

-Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
-HIS IceQ Turbo H785QT2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
-Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500
-COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
-Windows 7 (64bit)
-COOLER MASTER HAF 912
-G.SKILL Value 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
-ASUS P8B75-V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
-LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
- I have an external hard drive
edit: this build cost $797 and also I never bought from newegg so does this price include shipping and or how can I check..
I am abit scared but excited and have some concerns :P is everything compatible with each other, do I have all the right parts so everything can work? Will my hard drive work? is this graphics card fine/ this last me some years, need some tips :P
Edited by Trollbarad on 2/27/2013 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
ok I don't plan on overclocking, I play alot (more then alot) if I remove the evo 212 should I just buy more case fans with the little left?
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
so whats the best option if im not overclocking, more fan coolers or keep the onese case came with and get evo 212 (Agian I do play alot so.. ) I don't know much about computers... Im going to being using newegg videos/guides and google :P
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
LF more feedback, just want to be sure, I should be getting the parts this weekend, more tips/thoughts the better!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Don't need an aftermarket unless you are really really nit pick about temperatures.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GoT7
similar to yours except it has an internal drive.
The HIS is a good brand just sapphire/gigabyte is slightly cheaper also same or better cooling for lower noise level.

depends on where you live for the shipping/tax part. Newegg usually has free shipping but as for tax its another story.

Living near a microcenter will allow you to get a stronger cpu/motherboard combo for the same price.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
it's all compatible. that's a good build. personally for a budget card i like the look of the nvidia cards, gtx 660 ti would be better imo, but if you want high end i like the 7970 better than the 680...

but that aside yes it will all work together lol
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
ok thanks guys! I should be getting the parts this weekend or couple weeks coming, I will still use this thread for tips, instructions or any more feedback needed while building it, thanks agian guys! wish me luck! im scared :P
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Sorry to keep bugging but would it be better to get a cheap cpu cooler like a 10dollar afkermarket (cooler master) and get a gtx 660?
this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130825
Edited by Trollbarad on 2/28/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
cheap after market coolers tend to perform about the same as stock if this build is mostly Blizzard games LoL and what not a radeon 7850 should be than enough for it. If you are going to jump to 200+ video cards I would strongly recommend a 7870 especially since it has a game bundle, Tomb raider + BioShock.
Edited by Aquorius on 2/28/2013 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
oh ok, I will just stick with what I got then, Only really play wow and league time to time... sorry again for bugging and thanks! really nervous and scared xD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GBBt

The only thing that really bothers me with your build is that your motherboard supports usb 3.0 i/o but your case doesn't. Though if that's not an issue for you, then stick with what you've got. I chose Windows 8 because that's my personal preference, if you like 7 better, stick with that too.
Edited by Banithen on 2/28/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
sorry this newb question but I don't understand the 2.0/3.0 stuff, will the case still be able to use if mobo is 3.0 and case is 2.0?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yes the motherboard will work. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible. Your motherboard has access to usb 3.0. It is entirely up to you if you want to use it or not.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
ok.... so I should have been getting parts tomorrow but my father said he does not want me to build the computer! idk why lol I told him its cheaper etc tryed to explain what not he said he will give me like 50bucks more so I checked out cyberpowe pc and came up with these specs :

case: thermale take commander
mobo: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H Intel B75 Chipset DDR3 mATX Mainboard
cpu cooler: stock
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
windows 7(64bit)
500 Watts - Corsair CX500 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card
price is $848
problem is I don't know if the 500w is good enough for a 7870, I do play more then alot and want this to last etc with no heatproblems.. also there is non name brand 600w 80+ for -$21 but im not sure about it
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I am assuming you have a copy of windows? Otherwise the price should be closer to 950

also 500watt is more than enough
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
I got a i5 3470 with a regular amd radeon 7850.. Will I get good fps with this? I alrdy purchased it but im nervous
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
should be fine for Blizzard games and some demanding titles
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]