Weapon Enchant Question.

90 Undead Priest
Before I get down to it I feel I should share things i'm trying to factor in. For my tank that is..

I have one trinket Heroic version of "Iron Protector Talisman" gives 1,369 stamina and chance on attacks to give 3,649 dodge.

And also when the Darkmoon Faire comes back Sunday I also have all the cards to make and complete the Ox Deck. Which will give me more Stam and dodge once again on melee damage.

Now having said that I've looked up weapon Enchants and have been given two choices

River's song - which (Just like my two trinkets) has a chance to increase dodge on melee damage.

Colossus - which gives damage protection up to 7,500 damage on melee damage.

Now, if I have those two trinkets trying to proc dodge already wouldn't it be a better idea to go with Colossus? or more dodge the merrier? Probably dumb questions but doesn't hurt to ask right? =)
Edited by Gidius on 2/27/2013 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Now having said that I've looked up weapon Enchants and have been given two choices

River's song - which (Just like my two trinkets) has a chance to increase dodge on melee damage.

Colossus - which gives damage protection up to 7,500 damage on melee damage.

Dancing steel is also an option.

As is windsong depending on class.

Riversong the cheaper of the good enchants, if money is an issue, otherwise its a toss up.

Don't use colossus.

Also it would really help to know what class your tank is. Too lazy to cogshanks it

For some reason I'm going to assume you're a warrior, in which case just go with dancing steel, river song if you can't afford DS.
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/27/2013 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Sorry, yes I should have stated that he is in fact a Warrior Tank.

Gold really isn't the issue I just rather not spend it to enchant it wrong the first time. =)

Hmm you weren't kidding about the toss up part. Dancing steel would definitely be nice for having more attack power at times.

And then windsong being able to "sometimes" proc mastery would be ideal for a prot tank as well..

hmm
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hmm you weren't kidding about the toss up part. Dancing steel would definitely be nice for having more attack power at times.

Also the parry from Str->Parry conversion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/27/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Nerfheals

Also the parry from Str->Parry conversion.

that i was unaware of... decision made! and thanks for all the help. =)
Edited by Gidius on 2/27/2013 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The way that the decision goes (for Warriors) is this:

Do you want (a miniscule amount) more DPS? Dancing Steel.

Do you want (a miniscule amount) more total damage reduction? River's Song.

Do you want a cheap enchant for a weapon you don't feel strongly about? Windsong.

Colossus is still fairly meh.
Edited by Lowmaine on 2/27/2013 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Lowmaine

Dang it! So in essence all the chants are meh? What ever happened to great tank chants
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Tivana

Dang it! So in essence all the chants are meh? What ever happened to great tank chants

Wasn't the last great tank chant the cool looking agi one for BC?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Plethora
Wasn't the last great tank chant the cool looking agi one for BC?

Mongoose? Blood draining had its spotlight for a while , and I forget the other but it was like the best tanking chant ever.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

There were great tanking enchants? Oh yeah, Dancing Steel was nice. Made running between trash better. Most of the time it's just a DPS enchant that happens to work well for us or 2% dodge for 10 seconds...Be still my beating heart!

I usually just go with Lesser Beastslaying, but this was a nice axe so I think it's worth the upgrade.
Edited by Drunkencrono on 2/27/2013 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Drunkencrono

There were great tanking enchants? Oh yeah, Dancing Steel was nice. Made running between trash better. Most of the time it's just a DPS enchant that happens to work well for us or 2% dodge for 10 seconds...Be still my beating heart!

I usually just go with Lesser Beastslaying, but this was a nice axe so I think it's worth the upgrade.

I dont know about great great, but as a feral tank with the goose it was pretty op.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard don't want us to have amazing tank weapon enchants because they'll be mandatory or something.

Or, that was their argument against the Titansteel stamina one in WotLK.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's not like any single enchant is what I'd call amazing. Mostly I figure they just don't want weapon enchants to be boring. Glove enchants can be boring. Weapons should have something a little more interesting going on.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/27/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Tivana

they are called Runeforges.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Dancing steel is what a lot of people go with (and is probably the "best" i haven't looked at/done math or anything) but i personally go with a living steel weapon chain. 300 expertise is very nice as tank in this day and age, and i am sadly lacking it on my gear atm.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It could be worse.

It could be Bad ward....I mean blade ward
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]