AFFLICTION FOR 5.2 RBGS??

90 Undead Warlock
Is affliction going to be any good for RBGS? i dont mind playing destro, i just wish they would aff a boost to be in line with destro and actually be usefull in rbgs. On my Rdruid aff locks were never even a priority until anything else was dead cause dots did no dmg vs my hots and dispels were a joke. Only thing u need to look out for is the 20 sec from DS. Someone from PTR please tell me some good news!!!!! Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Destro is needed for the burst it provides, else eveyone would be playing affliction for the pure spread damage it has. People want to score kills in globals not in a few seconds after swapping targets
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
They didnt really nerf affliction so if you use it now you can still use it in 5.2
all they did was buff warlocks and nerf our aoe range and a talent that was bad to begin with....
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Affliction is fine I use it exclusively. Ignore the conformists and play what you love. They are all extremely viable.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/01/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Psyops
Affliction is fine I use it exclusively. Ignore the conformists and play what you love. They are all extremely viable.

No, not all of the specs are "extremely viable." Right now, your team is at a huge disadvantage if you go anything but Destro, especially considering non-Dark Soul Affliction DoTs are easily healed by things like Healing Tide.

In 5.2, it's not yet apparent how great an effect the FnB nerf will have on Destro, but it will probably be a toss-up between Affliction and Destro with Affliction probably being slightly better for damage on FC maps (where teamfights are more spread apart.)

We will just have to agree to disagree. Seen plenty of 2.2K+ arena and RBG lock rocking afflic and not GIMPNG their team.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

We will just have to agree to disagree. Seen plenty of 2.2K+ arena and RBG lock rocking afflic and not GIMPNG their team.

Where in my most did I even mention arena? Affliction is great (relative to other Warlock specs) in arena, not the same in RBGs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
RBGs destro wins on both burst due to chasobolt and spread pressure due to F&B+Mannoroth. Unless you are just an amazing aff player and can't get your head around destro anything you can do with aff you will do better as destro.

Each spec has specific rbgs where its better/worse but overall destro is better in more ways in more places. I think demo is best in silvershard due to the leap, knockback on low CD, pet CC, and aoe but that's about where demo ends. Maaaybe kotumogu where its more easily used dmg and mobility overcomes its other issues.

With 3x healers going on dispels its way to easy to blunt aff's single target push on say a FC. The spell cleave of F&B generally out pressures aff on large scale battles (say eots center or gilnease water works slugfests). I might take aff on places like AB where its more a collection of small scale battles and people die more often (thus more shard regen).

In any case aff lacks demo's mitigation/mobility and destro's self healing in terms of survival. Soulburn+teleport doesn't make up for that in either case. Its also got all its cc/dmg in one spell school so is more vulnerable to lockouts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
so basically everything I read through these forums, no one really talks about demo, so I am guessing it is pretty much a useless spec, and go anything but it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]