What would make monks (almost) perfect for u?

90 Human Monk
Fists of Fury channel while moving and adjusted to a point where it feels more like a spec defining ability and not something that's barely a DPS increase and only then if you make all the right choices about it. I don't dislike that FoF requires some skill to use at the correct time; to the contrary, that's my favorite part of the ability. I just wish that A) There was more of a reward for that sort of good play, and B) That there weren't situations like Bloodlust where Fists of Fury just is totally neglected because using it would be a DPS loss. It's our defining* cooldown, it feels weird to eschew it in our highest damage phase.

Those are my two big things.

*Whether or not FoF is a spec-defining ability is up to debate. :P

Agree another "good on paper" move that just didn't pan out well, just like Touch of Death.

Although killing someone in it in pvp feels awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Slightly better passive defenses; I'd like to see the spell reflection glyph for Sparring be made baseline, and perhaps a second passive to give FoF a chance to reflect spells as well.
Reply Quote
RoP Giving a 8 second disarm and a 4 second silence.

Viable WW heals

Bug fixes...

Basically I'd love for this class to come out of Beta.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am for redoing touch of death to not make it a instant kill if the conditions are met but instead make it a 20% or less execute similar to other classes.
Reply Quote
86 Human Monk
02/22/2013 04:39 AMPosted by Cybsledsama

Old EQ monk, per chance? (Was my class of choice, personally.)

Yup ;)

I mentioned this during the beta. I had so much fun with Fegin Death. I used to go to Blackburrow and train folks. Pull as many as I can run up top, feign death, watch havoc insue.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 06:27 AMPosted by Chåmpoo
Stealth.

This right here.

I always felt like we should have stealth, even if it gave us zero benefit other than being able to sneak around stuff or hide.

I feel like everything about the Monk class is right. The tanking is fast paced and dodge/parry based, the healing is very zen-like, and the DPS is a flurry of fists action packed type of combat. The only thing I feel like we're missing is stealth!

Perhaps it's from my Gnomish Monk character build from my DnD days where I was almost always the scout.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/22/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Quíncey
I always felt like we should have stealth, even if it gave us zero benefit other than being able to sneak around stuff or hide.

I had that felt that too. Then thought would be way too similar to rogues. Maybe something as dynamic as being able to stealth just not stealth itself.

Maybe something like "Astroplane". You meditate having an out of body experience. You and your spirit split. Your spirit gains "this" but is limited to "this".

The body cannot live without the soul. If it dies you die basically. This way you can be able to scout an area out but still be vulnerable. Maybe a 1 second cast to return to your body.
Edited by Reflëct on 2/22/2013 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
rainbow streaks when we flying kick.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I wanna stack some cooldowns like everyone else lol. It probably wouldn't make the class perfect for me but ... I feel like we have 0 burst at all. Whenever I have an opening for a kill, I'm all "SWIFTY MACRO!" But, what I really mean is, "RISING SUN KICK!"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If I could see my fist weapons. Other than that I love it ^.^
Reply Quote
Range Bug Fix

Diffuse magic bug fix

Leg sweep bug fix

Some sort of "throw" move

slow fall glyph for spinning crane kick
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Parry from all directions.

Sparring builds from both attacks and spells.

Sparring glyph baseline.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/23/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Juliansfist
Parry from all directions.

I like that idea, give monks more passive defensive and gives the feeling of being a kungfu master.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Baseline Xuen plus more agility sword drops..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/22/2013 03:11 AMPosted by Rock
Being able to go to tank stance as WW to ease pressure and let me tank the end BG bosses ffs.

This
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/22/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Ouchi
I wanna stack some cooldowns like everyone else lol. It probably wouldn't make the class perfect for me but ... I feel like we have 0 burst at all. Whenever I have an opening for a kill, I'm all "SWIFTY MACRO!" But, what I really mean is, "RISING SUN KICK!"

Haha this is a good idea to
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I like the spinning crane kick glyph idea that it gives slowfall. Monks need another signature move. Mages have thier iceblock, roots, and blink that gives it the universally known feeling. Roll for monks is nice, but i would like another effect that is commenly associated. I still get people in raids who ask me what CC's I have or no idea what the spirit copy of myself is doing hovering just outside the gate for boss attempts.

Not sure what that ability/spell would be though. I feel like my imagination is limited sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
monks would be perfect for me if i could stay on targets and do crazy frost dk damage
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I want to use my weapons when I autoattack
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I will get flamed for this I'm sure. I've always felt that if I needed more than 10 hotkeys to play a class it was to many. I like options but monks went overboard for me. They have more abilities and CDs to juggle than hunters. Lots of little things to keep track of all while staying out of fire. Admittedly I have gotten lazier but it's just overly complex for me. Any spec. Yes noxxic is not the best but looking at all the classes and rotations there the section of stuff you need to track and be aware of for a monk of any spec is 2-3x more than any other class. To much going on for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]