<Big Tymers>(H) 25m raids *Updated Needs*

100 Tauren Hunter
I think everyone knows that Blizzard's decision to combine the 10m and 25m raiding ID's effectively killed 25m raids on this server due to a marginalized raiding base to choose from.

25m raids were difficult enough to maintain prior to the change, but nearly impossible after.

To be blunt, 10m raids aren't as enjoyable as 25m raids. The social aspect is missing.

Over the last few years Big Tymers has lost a lot of core raiders that grew disinterested and unhappy with World of Warcraft. (and a very few that just didn't like us)

This post is meant to appeal to those players who want to progress, but yet have fun at the same time. We're not some hardcore progression guild. But we're also not a cream-puff casual guild that will be too shy to call someone out if they're not doing their job.

We expect everyone to understand that not only is it your play time, but there are also 24 other people counting on you to enrich their play time.

With 5.2 dropping right around the corner we'd love to be ready for it with a 25m crew.

Currently we are looking for all classes and all specs. We want quality players who are willing to put as much effort into being successful as they are into having fun.

We will also be open to working in conjunction with other guilds that want to get back into the joy of 25m raiding. I know there are a few Horde-side that feel the same as Big Tymers, but also like Big Tymers are not willing to change guilds or give up that tag.

Interested players can contact any officer of Big Tymers in-game or reply to this thread.

Good in-game contacts to reach would be Bilithi, Tayteetot, Dubdeuce, Hotsauce, Sarott or Nittany.

If you don't see any of those folks online, do a /who Big Tymers and ask any Big Tymer online if an officer is on, they should be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

Raid times are 7p-10p (server time) Tues, Wed and Thu.

*Updated Needs*

1 - OT/DPS Class not too important, but would prefer a Prot/Ret Paladin equally skilled in both specs
2 - Healers, Resto Druid top priority, other healing classes considered for the second spot.
1 - Healer/DPS, preferably a Priest.
6 - DPS, Would love to get a strong Enhance and Elemental Shaman, Rogue and Death Knight.

Please whisper Bilithi, Nittany, Tayteetot, Darthtemplar, Sarott or Unitos in game. If you don't see any of us online, shoot us an in game mail.
Edited by Bilithi on 3/11/2013 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
when are your raid times planned?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
02/22/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Nevermoré
when are your raid times planned?

Doh! I knew I was forgetting something.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7pm-10pm server time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
personally id be interested in faction changing for it but just wondering if only being able to be online for 2/3 days would be a problem seeing as i work thirds and my days off are tuesday and wensday i could play those days but i work 9pm-6am the other days if you want to talk in game my battle.net id is varsor#1870.

i generally play 7am-around 2pm days i work
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
personally id be interested in faction changing for it but just wondering if only being able to be online for 2/3 days would be a problem seeing as i work thirds and my days off are tuesday and wensday i could play those days but i work 9pm-6am the other days if you want to talk in game my battle.net id is varsor#1870.

i generally play 7am-around 2pm days i work

To be dead honest, at this time I don't think it would be a problem. Thursday's have always been difficult to fully staff.

Not going to BS, back when we were running 25's what we typically did was run hard on a Tuesday night with a fresh ID. Get to whatever boss was cockblocking us on Wednesday and smash through as much as possible. This is where it gets interesting. LOL If we made really good progress that night, we'd usually have everyone show up on Thursday to work out the final kinks and progress. If we had a clusterfark that involved lots of stupid mistakes, a lot of key players would find themselves "busy" the next night which would lead to us running a 10 for the really hardcore/geared players in trying to progress the guild.

Of course, that's what held us back from progressing further and faster, but it is what it is.

I'm not going to lie to anyone in our attempts to get back to 25's.

We miss it. We had more fun failing on 25's than succeeding in 10's. It's a completely different atmosphere.

Interestingly enough though, when we were a 25m guild, we were overall much more successful. Granted the server had more active players and people were still trying to find their spot in a guild.

Right now Zangarmarsh has settled down. Most people on the server have been here for a long time now and have found their clique/guild/niche and are quite happy staying where they are. I can't fault anyone for that.

It makes recruiting extremely difficult, but that's also why we're open to joining forces with another guild with the same problems (10m's) and wanting the same end goal (25's and more fun)

I'll try to message you ingame.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Best of Luck with the recruiting push. I hope we can get back to 25m as well one day, but just can't solidify the roster enough to support it anymore. Too bad we're on opposite sides of the fence, we may have been able to help each other out.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
*Updated Needs*

1 - OT/DPS Class not too important, but would prefer a Prot/Ret Paladin equally skilled in both specs
2 - Healers, Resto Druid top priority, other healing classes considered for the second spot.
1 - Healer/DPS, preferably a Priest.
6 - DPS, Would love to get a strong Enhance and Elemental Shaman, Rogue and Death Knight.

Please whisper Bilithi, Nittany, Tayteetot, Darthtemplar, Sarott or Unitos in game. If you don't see any of us online, shoot us an in game mail.
Edited by Bilithi on 3/11/2013 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]