Divine Shield

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would much rather have a haste penalty than a damage penalty. inb4 haste=damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They will never revert this change. It is good as is although it would be nice if you would also get a 50% buff to healing on yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That would undermine the spell's effectiveness as a defensive ability (harder to cast heals), while also going very nearly back to full damage in bubble (you can still unload at full effectiveness, you just can't hope for stuff to come off cooldown again before it expires).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just remove the !@#$%^- thing off of GCD, and i will be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
atm the damage nerf only affects 1 spec, with a haste penalty it will affect all specs. Therefore it can be buffed for compensation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The damage debuff isn't supposed to affect all specs equally. Using a defensive ability to heal up is fine; using a defensive ability to attack with complete impunity is less fine, which is why they chose that specific effect in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
divine shield doesn't need changing its fine the way it is.

but if you really want to add something since its a defensive utility, make it so if the shield is broken early it will put a 50% increase to healing received to the paladin called "lingering light"

but it will only last to the point that divine shield would have ended and only if the shield is broken not canceled as that would make prots able to get a 50% heal increase for 8 seconds via a bubble taunt cancel shield macro.

could be a neat glyph?

pvp wise not every fight would require it and it wont have use in pve so its not a glyph you would expect in use 100% of the time :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Divine Shield used to have a haste debuff but after retribution finnally became viable with the WOTLK expansion, we got alot of instant attacks with no cast times and that combined with the immunity bubble is what made us op and put out a ridiculous amount of damage while being god mode for the duration of the bubble. Now with rets damage being so pitiful outside of cooldowns it could work ok but then again it would make our burst phase with all cooldowns op as hell in PVP if there was no one immediatly dispelling bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I dig on Divine Shield. Perfect for a WPvP tank!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It use to be a 50% attack speed debuff. Back when wings first came out you had 120% damage and were invulnerable for 12 seconds. I remember taking down like 3-5 players and they could do nothing about it. It needed the change. However, it does kind of suck these days....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/22/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Zagara
I would much rather have a haste penalty than a damage penalty. inb4 haste=damage.

It was a haste penalty in the beginning.

It was changed to meet the times and the change is good..

However with the speed in wich bubble is removed from us now days it hardly seems fair any longer.

Also the greatly reduced durration of bubble also kinda blows.

I say they should make bubble allow us absolute immunity again. No more pesky things to remove bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If the haste penalty was added again, it would be fair to make it undispellable again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/23/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Zagara
it would be fair to make it undispellable again.

it is undispellable. The only things in game that can get rid of it is Shattering Throw and Mass Dispel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/23/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Zagara
If the haste penalty was added again, it would be fair to make it undispellable again.

If they made it a stronger offensive tool, it would be fair to make it uncounterable?

???
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/23/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Ravicana

If they made it a stronger offensive tool, it would be fair to make it uncounterable?

???

I think he meant that if you loose 50% of your damage output and also suffer a haste loss too, then it would be fair to make you 100% immune to all damage and no need to worry about any sort of dispells.

However if they did this, then it would seem logical to allow pallys 12 sec on bubble again.

Perhapse make bubble work like BoP, but just make you immune, but un-able to attack or heal others, but instead only heal your self or somthing........

Just some ideas...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/23/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Ravicana

the reason behind people qqing about bubble is because of Hpallys full healing from it. Other than that its really lackluster aside from avoiding a huge burst but every class has a ability to do that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]