5.2 MW discussion,

91 Tauren Monk
So I have been dissecting the PTR and have found some interesting tidbits the Monk community could intelligently discuss (hopefully).

"Summon Jade Serpent Statue no longer costs mana." This alone saves a bit of mana (9% base if I'm not mistaken) and has more flexibility about placing your statue down. Excited for this.

"Muscle Memory causes the Monk's next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick to deal 150% more damage and restore 2% mana." 1 chi= 2% mana now? Also spending chi that gains mana to get charges for mana tea for even more gain. I don't think there is a possibility of a net profit of mana this way, possibly through soothing mist/expel harm/crackling jade chi gain. At least you could reduce your losses.

"Glyph of Path of Blossoms is now Glyph of Paralysis. This glyph causes the Monk's Paralysis ability to remove all damage-over-time effects on the target." Removing dots seems interesting, I don't remember another in game mechanic like this?

"Chi Burst now does 340% more damage and 69% more healing, no longer costs Chi, and has a 30 second cooldown." Will the healing buff make this remotely viable due to chi wave's nerf? I don't think so but I thought I would at least share.

Yes there is a lot of bad. But I think these changes are interesting and possibly a very minor silver lining. I would love to hear your thoughts on these changes. Thanks (:
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Monk
This is all in terms of PVP. I apologize for the mixup!
Reply Quote
I dont pvp on this toon so I dont have any evidence to back up anything that I'm saying only my impressions of the ability changes, but I dont think the changes will do much.

02/22/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Imavegan
"Glyph of Path of Blossoms is now Glyph of Paralysis. This glyph causes the Monk's Paralysis ability to remove all damage-over-time effects on the target." Removing dots seems interesting, I don't remember another in game mechanic like this?

Glyph of Blind does this. I'm sure there are others as well, but none come to mind off the top of my head. It will be nice for any time there are DoTs on a target you want to cc, but not something new.

"Muscle Memory causes the Monk's next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick to deal 150% more damage and restore 2% mana." 1 chi= 2% mana now? Also spending chi that gains mana to get charges for mana tea for even more gain. I don't think there is a possibility of a net profit of mana this way, possibly through soothing mist/expel harm/crackling jade chi gain. At least you could reduce your losses.

This is balanced in such a way that the mana returns are going to leave you at a similar place you would be now. The jab mana nerf was to prevent PvE "jab-jab-uplift" spam. The only benefit from this change is the extra damage that is done. With the nerfs to Eminence and SZ the healing is supposed to be about the same as it is now. No gain there.

"Chi Burst now does 340% more damage and 69% more healing, no longer costs Chi, and has a 30 second cooldown." Will the healing buff make this remotely viable due to chi wave's nerf? I don't think so but I thought I would at least share.

Probably still not viable. Iirc, chi burst currently needs to hit like 7 people to be a gain over uplift for the chi cost. Obviously being free is going to have it not competing with uplift for chi, but still not going to be "the choice" with wave also being free and acting as a pseudo HoT. I do think that the Zen sphere changes might make it more viable because it detonates when its dispelled.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Monk
So I have been dissecting the PTR and have found some interesting tidbits the Monk community could intelligently discuss (hopefully).
ha!

Yes there is a lot of bad. But I think these changes are interesting and possibly a very minor silver lining. I would love to hear your thoughts on these changes. Thanks (:

You must have copied this from an older PTR post. Right now the number is 4%... sounds better right? Problem is, the only way to get that 4% is to have the muscle memory proc. That's the important part. How do you get this? Only two ways: jab (at 8% mana now) or SCK where you cause damage to 3 or more enemies. So I'm not seeing the very minor silver lining there. Besides... if this is a pvp perspective, it's my understanding you wouldn't be using those abilities anyway since you're too susceptible to stuns/fears/etc being that close.

This isn't bad. I do seem to recall polymorph, possibly a glyph for it, does that as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I don't know about anyone else but I'm personally excited for the new level 60 talent "Ring of Peace."

•New Level 60 Talent: Ring of Peace
•Ring of Peace forms an 8 yard sanctuary around a friendly target for 8 seconds, disabling enemy player auto-attacks in PvP, and causing all enemies (both players and NPCs) in the area of effect to be disarmed for the duration. In addition, enemies that cast a damaging spell while within the area of effect will be silenced for 3 seconds. The ability has a 45 second cooldown.

I haven't seen much discussion going on about this new talent but I'm personally excited about it considering that I think it could be great for hard hitting casters that can usually be a big issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]