Raid Healing.

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Hi, I am new to healing, I am currently levelling a holy pally and started thinking about raid healing. I was wondering about how its worked out, who it is you are supposed to be healing.
So I have read up a bit on it and this is what it seems to me.

Raids, the group assigns each healer.
LFR, is basically a free for all, throw heals at whom ever seems to need it.

Is that, basically, how it is done?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Pretty much, in all Honesty.

In Raids, you also need to coordinate CDs with your other healers, so you arent overlapping them to much
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
That makes sense, thanks for the reply.
I was thinking you may actually get some kind of auto assign when grouping, ( like your ten are in a darker green, or something), as just healing anyone sounds very confusing lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
How my Co healer and I do it, is when we're making the group, its more like 2 5 man groups in one. We each have a tank, and 3 DPS in our groups, for fights where we have to split up to do things.

For most fights tho, the Group can be scattered, so you tend to just heal whoever is in range, or use AoE heals when there is a group of people grouped up.

Raid healer comes down to who you;re healing with, the make up of your group, and other factors, to be completely honest
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What I've noticed is that in 25m healing, "assignments" usually matter a bit more. Except it really just seems like an AoE fest...
But in 10m raids, the ability to be flexible within/outside of your "assignment" is more important.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]