Ele PVP Finishing Touches

90 Draenei Shaman
The Ele Shaman buffs I've seen so far are definitely constructive and seem to almost entirely address our dps issues. We wont be up with the mages and warlocks, but we'll definitely be competitive with the other hybrids.

The Lava Burst change helps our pvp, but we still need two more changes to compete in pvp. For one, Ascendance should make us elementals for the duration that are impossible to interrupt or silence. Second, I know this has been touched on before, but Astral Shift worked much better for us in the old (TBC) version.

Our dps has never even been our biggest issue in PvP, just how easy it is to lock us down. Shamans are, bar none, the prime target to focus, ask any skilled PvPer.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/22/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Selerity
The Lava Burst change helps our pvp, but we still need two more changes to compete in pvp. For one, Ascendance should make us elementals for the duration that are impossible to interrupt or silence.

no.. tooo strong. way too strong.

02/22/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Selerity
Second, I know this has been touched on before, but Astral Shift worked much better for us in the old (TBC) version.

AS is no where near competitive with the new NG on PTR. neither is SBT, but AS needs a tremendous buff.
its great you can use it while silenced and locked out, but it needs to be on either a shorter cd, or much higher damage reduction, or tack on an increased healing taken benefit to it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/22/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
The Lava Burst change helps our pvp, but we still need two more changes to compete in pvp. For one, Ascendance should make us elementals for the duration that are impossible to interrupt or silence.

And yet I feel as though certain other classes can already do this, to some extent. The problem is the amount of hard casting Ele shamans need to do in order to dps as much as other casters. And with the number of stuns/silences/interrupts available to EVERY CLASS now, this means that regardless of one's opponent, if the shaman has their attention, they WILL be locked out. The ascendance thing was something someone threw out on the shaman board recently that I thought was interesting. The problem persists, and has only gotten worse over the years.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/22/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Selerity
And yet I feel as though certain other classes can already do this, to some extent.

what does "to some extent" mean? thats such a vague and all encompassing phrase... to some extent a rogue is like a butterfly ... (?)

elemental ascendance is probably the biggest burst cooldown in the game currently. if it was given an immunity tied to it, it would just become an "i win" button. You press it, and things just lose.

And with the number of stuns/silences/interrupts available to EVERY CLASS now, this means that regardless of one's opponent, if the shaman has their attention, they WILL be locked out.

you need to be smart with it. the only real reason to cast lightning bolt is "interrupt fodder" get them to interrupt that, then make them pay for it by casting lava bursts and elemental blasts into their face.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Elemental is hurting in PvP, but the answer is not giving immunity to Ascendance.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
A glyph that would take away our ascendance animation would be the better answer then any form of immunity.

If your just playing around in random BGs - You could always use the resto pvp 4 pcs or macro a Free action potion to your ascendance and see how it works.O.o

Elemental is getting some buffs in 5.2 and it will be fun to see how those buffs play out.
Better shields from bulwark, better healing, and a self-heal from FS may give us enough to be viable for pvp instead of an off spec for restro to do dailies.

the buff to lb will help due to our filler being so weak and I'm pretty jazzed about CL being buffed.
We still have problems switching targets due to FS on a 6 sec cool down and i wish LvB would spread FS to targets standing in melee range, but GC never returns my calls.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

And yet I feel as though certain other classes can already do this, to some extent. The problem is the amount of hard casting Ele shamans need to do in order to dps as much as other casters. And with the number of stuns/silences/interrupts available to EVERY CLASS now, this means that regardless of one's opponent, if the shaman has their attention, they WILL be locked out. The ascendance thing was something someone threw out on the shaman board recently that I thought was interesting. The problem persists, and has only gotten worse over the years.

you have 2 spell schools, lavasurge and can cast lb while moving
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/23/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Plibt
you have 2 spell schools, lavasurge and can cast lb while moving

actually.... 4 spell schools... Fire (lava burst, flame shock, magma totem, fire ele totem, searing totem) Frost (FRAWSSSST SHAWKKKK) Elemental (Elemental Blast) and Nature (pretty much everything else besides Astral Shift)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]