Böser Geist - Open RP (UPDATED)

We're still seeking a few more cultists/apothecaries to join the fray! You get the pleasure of being infected by Shazia herself. How hot is that? Plus, life expectancy is minimal at best, so you're only subjected to pain for a relatively short time!

Join on an alt, or involve your main. You know you want to.
Reply Quote
(( I'm counting two more deaths than you at this point! ))
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Moorwhelp
(( I'm counting two more deaths than you at this point! ))

GASP! This cannot be.

I'll fix that. Thanks Moor!
Reply Quote
(( Thank you everyone for participating in the random RP generated by this. This is really proving to be something and I'm thoroughly impressed by everyone involved. ))
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The first of many.

Current Death Toll: 9

The Cathedral became the center of activity as a sudden influx of sick individuals crowded its vast halls, all crying of fever and chills.[/i]

They all showed signs of similar symptoms:
-Fever, chills
-Hallucinations
-Nausea, vomiting
-Shallow breathing, rapid pulse
-Unconsciousness

The disease appears resistant to magic-based healing and is thought to be highly contagious, through physical contact and airborne agents.

Symptoms disappear within a few hours, though the patient surely feels as though they lay on their deathbed.

Okay, question!

There's a death toll, however you state that symptoms disappear within a few hours, so I'm assuming that people do survive this. What's the mortality rate?

I'm a healer, just want to RP this correctly as I help people. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'll have to ask the Hammer tomorrow if anyone is interested; seems like something we'd be on board with. Look, I've even got my plague gear on!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know a letter was sent to me about the Bulwark joining in when they go to Northrend, so if you guys do need us and I'm not on, you can either ask my 2nd and 3rd in command (Eliorah and Four <--- Special character in his name) or the level 90 night elf mage who's a rank below them who's name starts with an A.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Cassarian
I'll have to ask the Hammer tomorrow if anyone is interested; seems like something we'd be on board with. Look, I've even got my plague gear on!

/definitely on-board.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The first of many.

Current Death Toll: 9

The afternoon was a warm and lazy one, the city creeping at a slow crawl as folk went about their chores and tasks for the day. It seemed as though today would pass as a peaceful one, abnormal from the usual bustle and hustle of the city.

And clearly, it was too much to hope for as sudden bells rang out through the Cathedral district, harolding a danger to the city and its denizens. The slow crawl became an anxious scattering of individuals as mothers and wives collected their children and men, hustling them to the relative safety of indoors.

The Cathedral became the center of activity as a sudden influx of sick individuals crowded its vast halls, all crying of fever and chills.

They all showed signs of similar symptoms:
-Fever, chills
-Hallucinations
-Nausea, vomiting
-Shallow breathing, rapid pulse
-Unconsciousness

The disease appears resistant to magic-based healing and is thought to be highly contagious, through physical contact and airborne agents.

Symptoms disappear within a few hours, though the patient surely feels as though they lay on their deathbed.

((Want to get involved? There's just one simple rule: Infect at least one other person who comes into contact with your character.))

This seems very interesting, but how would this affect a Death Knight? I'm sure it may be possible for Eliza to carry it (as she carries plenty of diseases), but I wonder what signs she'd exhibit... if any.
Reply Quote

Okay, question!

There's a death toll, however you state that symptoms disappear within a few hours, so I'm assuming that people do survive this. What's the mortality rate?

I'm a healer, just want to RP this correctly as I help people. Thanks!

Not sure what the mortality rate is, given that I haven't paid any attention to the exact number infected so far. However, symptoms can vary -- and they'll continue to do so as the days progress, and the varying length and time of the symptoms depends mostly on the infected individual, so it makes this disease/virus unpredictable in the amount of lives that it claims.
Reply Quote

This seems very interesting, but how would this affect a Death Knight? I'm sure it may be possible for Eliza to carry it (as she carries plenty of diseases), but I wonder what signs she'd exhibit... if any.

I haven't studied that in a Death Knight yet, but if you'd like to be the first... XD Considering that you say she carries other diseases though, it may not have any effect on her at this point. The illness targets living organic tissue, and as a Death Knight is, well... Past its expiry date, it may not have any effect at all beyond you acting as a carrier for it, infecting others as you go along.
Reply Quote

I haven't studied that in a Death Knight yet, but if you'd like to be the first... XD Considering that you say she carries other diseases though, it may not have any effect on her at this point. The illness targets living organic tissue, and as a Death Knight is, well... Past its expiry date, it may not have any effect at all beyond you acting as a carrier for it, infecting others as you go along.

I do think it would be interesting but you're right, all the symptoms are a no effect to her. I'm just not sure how she would carry it if its only target is living organic tissue.
Reply Quote
(( The Clergy has been role-playing that if symptoms are not treated before unconsciousness, that death is almost guaranteed. If it was with direct ingesting of a contaminated, the entire process of death and subsequent liquification can happen in only thirty minutes. However, symptoms can be treated and infected can be up and walking again, but it has to be within only half an hour at most of showing symptoms.))
Reply Quote
A Knight's blood makes a wonderful host for any vicious contagion, considering that it can thrive in a yucky and corrupt environment like that. So while it attacks living tissue in order to survive long enough to be passed on to another, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be carried by a living organ when it can thrive by itself in a hostile environment like Eliza's body.
Edited by Shazia on 2/26/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Shazia
A Knight's blood makes a wonderful host for any vicious contagion, considering that it can thrive in a yucky and corrupt environment like that. So while it attacks living tissue in order to survive long enough to be passed on to another, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be carried by a living organ when it can thrive by itself in a hostile environment like Eliza's body.

Her blood is mostly frozen but if it can survive in the harsh necromantic conditions of her body, she spreads ice everywhere she walks so it could travel around through that. She'd be like a fumigator. Plus, she spends a lot of time in the Cathedral.
Reply Quote
Considering it's built from the use of necromancy, it's a safe bet that even the frigid remains of a Knight's body would be enough to provide it sustenance, enough for it to produce spores for infecting people. As for it being carried through ice, I'm not entirely sure of that one, but if you can make it work, I say go for it.
Reply Quote
Looks like its time to that little vacation I was planning out in the country.

Nothing like nobles fleeing the city when the plague is about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/26/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Moorwhelp
(( The Clergy has been role-playing that if symptoms are not treated before unconsciousness, that death is almost guaranteed. If it was with direct ingesting of a contaminated, the entire process of death and subsequent liquification can happen in only thirty minutes. However, symptoms can be treated and infected can be up and walking again, but it has to be within only half an hour at most of showing symptoms.))

Thank you Bishop, we shall RP accordingly. I hope to have a contingent of healers in the Cathedral to care for the sick.

Errr... where are we putting the bodies?
Reply Quote
Welp.

Looks like there's a wolf in the sheep pen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]