Böser Geist - Open RP (UPDATED)

It'll be more than zombies. ;) Some really wicked stuff planned out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Attention:

Please bring all living Plague patients to the Stormwind Orphanage for treatment, NOT the Cathedral. The St. Bridenbrad Clinic is set up at the evacuated Orphanage with all the necessary supplies to treat the disease, as well as an on-site researcher who is collecting samples and searching for a cure. We do NOT have medical personnel or medical supplies at the Cathedral.

Also:

Due to quarantine, only patients and approved medical personnel/assistants are allowed inside the Orphanage at this time.

Thank you,

Dr. Feleina Naylor,
Chief Medical Director
St. Bridenbrad Medical Clinic
Reply Quote
Notice:

Recent studies suggest that lowering the body temperature of a patient will slow the spread of the disease and reduce fever in the patients. If you suspect you or a family member have contracted the plague application of ice to them will buy them time to receive treatment.

Warning:
Application of ice is not a cure for the ailment and should only be used along side proper treatment.

-Dr. Thaid
Private Medical Practitioner
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The night seemed rather restless as Darith walked about the streets, doing his rounds on the city. Everyone new by now that the Plague had broken out in Stormwind. He knew plague all too well in his years. First at Stratholme, then in Northrend. Even though this seemed to be less hostile than the others, he knew the potential it had. He'd taken it upon himself with the aid of a few of his men to patrol the city, ensuring peace was kept in the streets. Already with the Plague people were getting restless.

He wore his white linen mask to prevent catching the disease himself under his plated cavalry helm. One would think all the plate he wore was useless, but you could never be too careful.

As he reached the small overlooking fountain at the harbor he noticed a street brawl. At least it appeared to be so from afar. He approached it, his hand readying his sword, gripping the hilt as the other held the scabbard, un-clipping it from it position. He simply drew it an inch out, the sound was enough to get your attention, like the cocking of a rifle.

"Hey you three break it up..." He said with a moderately raised voice.

They seemed to not be answering. He noticed a man scream as he heard the sound of fists and clubs against flesh and bones. The screaming stopped, the victim silenced as blood pooled around the corpse under the feet of the two assailants.

"That's it.." He said now more aggressive and impatient.

He reached for one of the men's shoulder and pulled hard throwing him backwards, sending the assailant rolling on the ground some few feet behind him. He heard him groan but paid no mind to it. he moved quickly behind the other that was slumped over the dead mans corpse and kicked him down with force, he tumbled back, laying on his back letting out groans. Both mens hands were covered in blood and guts. He backed away slowly, drawing his sword as he reached for his comm to report it in.

"This is Commander Isenhammer...Disturbance at the harbor, I need two men for prisoner transport." The comm crackled and a response was heard. He waited by the harbor the two men still groaning on the ground.

One of the assailants got up, limping towards Darith. He quickly drew his sword and shield, taking up a defensive position.

"Stay where you are, in the name of the King." He shouted authoritatively.

The man made no response as he picked up his pace starting to bolt toward the Commander. He seemed to laugh, or cackle somewhat, murmuring incoherently. The assailant suddenly lunged for Darith toppling him over with force. He was stronger than expected. Not many people could knock him down, but there he was, on the ground. He kicked the man off, struggling to get up.

"I repeat, stand down in the name of the king or I -will- use deadly force"

The assailant once again charged at him laughing maniacally. "Bugger it..." he murmured to himself as he pivoted his foot, placing it forward. He brought his shield in front of himself defensively and slammed it against the bolting assailant, knocking him back to the ground. The assailants laughter died down and gasped for air before expiring. He noticed the other man too was laying motionless....Both their faces pale as the moon with bloodshot eyes.

When the reinforcements came some suggested they were escapees from the mental hospital in Stormwind, another thought it was the sickness that ailed them. All the signs pointed to the sickness... But it seemed as if the assailants just expired as if the Plague had completely drained them of any life.

It was wise to have burned the bodies he thought as he was recovering around the Cathedral Square. From the corner of his eyes he saw rats scurrying around the city. For all he knew this was just the beginning of the end.

I will modify it should I notice errors that need correcting.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Death Knight
The broken Draenei leaned lethargically against the cage they had chosen to hold her captive within. She could try to escape again..it was easy enough..but what was the point? She closed her eyes, frowning with a heavy hint of sorrow, huddling against the bars of the small confines. She held to the iron bars, clawed fingers grasping loosely at them, as if seeking some helpless form of comfort from the cold metal. Shallow sounds echoed around her...she was alone.

Her wispy eyes opened, looking to the shattered cup which had held her meal upon the stone floor on which she sat. Her own words from the night before wandered back through her mind. "Why.....? Why......"

The remembered answer from one of her captors caused her to flinch. "Because you are going to be used to bring suffering to the people of Stormwind."

The torn and half rotted Draenei merely closed her eyes again, the sorrow upon her visage clearly visible as her forehead pressed to the bars. Tears would come if the broken and deteriorated vessel of her body would still allow that function, but the greyblue flesh upon her cheeks remained dry. She whispered to herself, remorse heavy in her tone. "But that's not..who I am...."

Reply Quote
The vibrant hues of red and gold of the petals had long since faded to an ashen tone as death and darkness smothered the life that had once been.

"Great Lord..." The withered stems of the bouquet were clutched in her fingers, heedless of the thorns that drew warm, wet blood; it stained the worn and wasted surface of the stone, mingling with fresh tears as it flooded the cracks of the tomb site.

The evening was cool and quiet, the graveyard long since abandoned; though this grave, and one other -- smaller in form and placed next to the one the woman crouched on -- bore markings of care, the moss having been removed, weeds pulled. The flowers, though decayed, were a desperate effort to bring some life back into the memories which lay dead within these graves.

She had promised to avenge him; but doing so had opened the watergates -- unleashing emotions which she had so carefully kept at bay. Always, she had served him; and if he were alive today, he would show great disappointment in her lack of conviction. The guilt twisted and tormented her, eating away at her insides as surely as the toxins that flowed through her blood.

She had failed him once, and he had died.

But she would not fail again.
Reply Quote
Knight-Apothecary Dekizz Plaguebolt was working with his Scourgelight Spanner, tinkering with his own batch of plague. His scourge gryphon, Bonewing, delivered a message to Dekizz.

"So...These cultists plan to spread a new plague...

You know what to do, Bonewing...Take me to their base, we spread the plague today!"

Bonewing squawked with a death-ridden screech and allowed himself to be riden by the gnome. Work was going to be busy today with the new plague. The Plagued Tinker will plague the soon assist the plaguing of the city. Soon Stormwind will look just like it did in the First War: A boots over the hold city, although one being much smaller than the rest.

((More to be added later for the introduction to my Gnome Death Knight.))
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Dr. Naylor awoke to the sounds of groans and calamity all around her. She stared at the ceiling for several seconds, trying to make sense of where she was. She pulled at the blanket and immediately noticed the IV needle taped to the back of her hand, her gaze following the tubing to the nearby IV pole and beyond... where here colleagues were busily tending patients.

Gradually the memory came back to her. The day before, administering the charcoal solution over and over again, holding buckets for vomiting patients, knowing it was only a matter of time before she'd be hit by the projectile spray. Later that evening she had attended the 6pm Liturgy at the Cathedral, and felt unwell. Shaking it off as exhaustion, she stubbornly stood there, offering her confessions and oblations to the Light.

That was all she could remember with clarity. She could barely recall slumping to the floor, being carried to the Clinic, being cared for. The morning sun streaming through the windows now told her she had been laying there for at least 10 hours.

But she was alive. Alive! She rubbed her softly protruding tummy and whispered to the growing fetus inside. "We made it, baby... Praise the Light, we made it!"

She still felt weak and a bit dizzy, but the groaning of the other patients called to her innate profession and she began to pick at the tape holding the IV needle to the back of her hand. Soon she had the tape off, and the needle withdrawn. Swinging her legs over the side of the bed she sat up. Scanning the room, she saw her assistant, Avis, restocking the medical cabinet. She stood up on wobbly legs and, using the IV pole for support, walked toward her to report for duty.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
((OOC question for Shazia and the powers-that-be who are driving this storyline:

The St. Bridenbrad Healers are trying very hard to maintain a quarantined clinic in the evacuated Orphanage in the Cathedral District. As long as people IC respect the quarantine (only the sick and medical personnel allowed in) everything works great. However we have recurring issues with people walking right through the posted guard and trying to sabotage the efforts to heal the victims, or just generally causing havoc.

And so I'm asking, are these people part of your planned scheme to keep the plague going - in which case we'll have to play along, or are these trolls that we should just ignore? It's becoming a constant disruption to the RP inside, to the point where it's almost not worth having a clinic to treat the sick.

Please advise, thanks! ))
Reply Quote
((OOC question for Shazia and the powers-that-be who are driving this storyline:

The St. Bridenbrad Healers are trying very hard to maintain a quarantined clinic in the evacuated Orphanage in the Cathedral District. As long as people IC respect the quarantine (only the sick and medical personnel allowed in) everything works great. However we have recurring issues with people walking right through the posted guard and trying to sabotage the efforts to heal the victims, or just generally causing havoc.

And so I'm asking, are these people part of your planned scheme to keep the plague going - in which case we'll have to play along, or are these trolls that we should just ignore? It's becoming a constant disruption to the RP inside, to the point where it's almost not worth having a clinic to treat the sick.

Please advise, thanks! ))

I have left it very much open for people to roleplay as they please within the storyline. However, I also encourage open communication between individuals and groups; if you feel these people are becoming a nuisance, whisper them to address the issue or have them contact me. If anyone feels they'd like to become involved and simply don't know how, just ask. =) We'd love to keep this flowing as smoothly as possible, and I'm happy to direct people to more productive ways of contributing to the story as a whole.

To address this specific issue, I ask that people acknowledge the guards posted at the door and that they please discontinue their harassment of the quarantine area. I can't FORCE people to play along, but I understand completely if you choose to ignore these people, Feleina, because it's definitely for the betterment of all.
Reply Quote
ALSO:

I need volunteers for tonight's event at 10 PM. Can't give any specifics at the moment, but please contact me ASAP in-game. Must be willing to play as an NPC cultist on an alt or other character that you don't mind being killed. I'll be needing you between 9:30 and 11:00. Invites will go out at 9:30 to discuss the details of what will happen.
Reply Quote
(OOC.)

Gotta say, with all the involvement, this has been a lot of fun thus far. Looking forward to the conclusion. Should have a big event, we'll have cross-guilds schedule it thusly.
Reply Quote
An event is in the works. :) If you have any ideas for the finale, let me know in whisper or through mail in-game!
Reply Quote
Zombies run among the streets of Stormwind City.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/28/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Shazia
Zombies run among the streets of Stormwind City.

Well, that escalated quickly.
Reply Quote
Huh...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
((OOC))

Shazia,

Thanks for your reply. And Kudos to an amazing event tonite, that was impressive!

/applause
Reply Quote
WHERE O DEATH IS NOW THY STING?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
By the way... This evening after the dust settled I met several people whom I'd shoo'd away from the Clinic in my overloaded state (whispers like crazy, fielding questions, trolls, angry people wanting in to see their loved ones and an angry mob outside the Clinic etc. etc.) It was chaos. My apologies if we turned anyone away who had a genuine RP reason/need to be there, I'm sure my brain exploded several times today.

By the way... if this event is going to stretch out for several more days, I invite other guilds with RP healers to open first aid stations or clinics around the city to help deal with the plague victims.. if you RP a healer I guarantee you'll be busy.
Reply Quote
((I am pretty sure you only really got rid of trolls, but I was a bit ablaze through that as well. Cool event tonight I agree. Kudos for getting people to rally behind this event. ))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]