Anyone use Mr.Robot?

90 Undead Death Knight
Hi, i was wondering if anyone uses Mr.robot gear optimizer for thier tank spec and what they think of it. thank you
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Mr. Robot is okay for your reforging. It always suggests stamina stacking in it's stat weights so you'll have to adjust it to your liking. Usually it isn't too hard to manually switch your gems and enchants to what's more in line with your weights. It will automatically adjust your reforging strat after that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Use reforgelite.

You have to input stat weights so it can't be wrong by default and forces you to actually learn them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It can work fine if you're willing adjust all the stat weights (the defaults are terrible for most tanks). But at that point you might as well just use ReforgeLite, which works in-game and actually requires less customization for tanks than AMR.

In other words, just use ReforgeLite.
Edited by Alandrek on 2/26/2013 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Use reforgelite.

You have to input stat weights so it can't be wrong by default and forces you to actually learn them.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/24/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Alandrek
It can work fine if you're willing adjust all the stat weights (the defaults are terrible for most tanks).

The problem is, people hear "Go to Mr Roboto or Noxxic" and what not, and they assume it is correct. Then Roboto says "Stack stamina" and they do.

Why I like ReforgeLite. It's pre-set brewmaster template is spot on.
Reply Quote
97 Pandaren Monk
don't use mr.robot because you have to manually change the stat weight in order for it to be usefull.

something that unless you really know what you are doing, it wont be correct. Their tank presets are just hideous. They value EH above all and basically suggest stamina stacking all around ...

reforgelite is an addon that opens up whenever you open the reforge menu. It's presets are much more accurate and it's very easy to make custom builds (if you know what you are doing).
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Ahhh, I love how all the things made to make WoW be easier, make it harder, because they intentionally make people do bad decisions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
And knowing is half the battle
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
02/24/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Chuin
It can work fine if you're willing adjust all the stat weights (the defaults are terrible for most tanks).

The problem is, people hear "Go to Mr Roboto or Noxxic" and what not, and they assume it is correct. Then Roboto says "Stack stamina" and they do.

Noxxic is bad, but Mr. robot is connected with Icy veins. Icy veins has stam as the number one stat for tanks, but with the caveat "untill you have enough", Mr. Robot does not know what is enough for you.

My suggestion is use it, but consider dropping stam from your view outside of hybrid gems and blue/prismatic slots and enchants for pieces with no real good other options.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Mr. Robot offers you the ability to enter a hard stamina cap, and allows you to adjust your stat weightings however you want.

As long as you understand what it does (optimize your gear given your choices) and does not do (select your stamina cap for you), it is an extremely powerful tool.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/25/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Arnblas
As long as you understand what it does (optimize your gear given your choices) and does not do (select your stamina cap for you), it is an extremely powerful tool.

My power tools come with stickman drawings showing what could happen to various parts of my anatomy if I misuse them.

Mr Robot should get some of those.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Use reforgelite.

This reforge lite is only bad if you make it bad.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Mr. Robot offers you the ability to enter a hard stamina cap, and allows you to adjust your stat weightings however you want.

So as long as you use it like Reforgelite, you can have all the power of an in-game addon with the lack-of-convenience of a browser based tool!

Really guys, once someone has said "just use ReforgeLite and enter your own stat weights," there's nothing you can say to redeem AMR. "It's ReforgeLite but you have to tab out instead of doing it in game!" is not a compelling argument.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
AskMrRobot is decent for finding upgrades for a specific slot. Kind of like an online version of Rawr. Other than that... nope. I'm with everyone else. ReforgeLite.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
So with reforgelite the presets for your class is pretty good?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/25/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Mujer
So with reforgelite the presets for your class is pretty good?

I can only speak for brewmaster, but it does a pretty fair job.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
AskMrRobot is decent for finding upgrades for a specific slot. Kind of like an online version of Rawr. Other than that... nope. I'm with everyone else. ReforgeLite.

Especially their trinket lists.

Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mr. Robot works well enough. But, like everyone says, the default weights will have you stacking Stamina pretty high (and the rest of the stat priority is probably arguable as well). If you learn how to modify it, it can help you with a lot more than reforging though. Spending coins, looking for gear, etc,...

Reforgelite is in-game and can be pretty handy if you don't want to be bothered tabbing out and in.

You can run a few sims and play with your weights in either place though. In the end, know how to use either tool and they will work for you.

If you do look, I currently am playing with a stamina heavy build but I'm finding that once you know the fights, you can back down off the stam and relieve your healers (and dps) a bit. I can't really vouch for whatever build you happen to be looking at currently. I think I will feel pretty comfortable at a 32000 stam cap. And, in 5.1 at least, Haste>Mastery>crit (I know that might fire the EB people up a bit ;) ).

I'm no expert. It's all about getting better every day for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Reforgelite works better, especially because it'll do the math for you and then do all the reforging. Ask Mr. Robot focuses too hard on Stamina and does that thing where it puts you slightly under caps. I know you can turn it off, but I like being at the caps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]