REQ WPVP: city vaults and the fence

90 Human Death Knight
Fun idea tiny. I will play the voice of reason and pick it apart, into something that could potentially be used in WoW.

City Sacking: PvE vs PvP server guards are currently VASTLY different. PvE realm guards are harder currently. I would like to see blizz revert all guards to be easier.

Opening City Vault: An excellent idea. Requiring a rogue-engineer is to specific however. WoW has turned into a game that works more on class equality, and on a super small pop server, an engineer-rogue might not even exist for days at a time. Opening the vault should require 3-5 players doing a channel, or something such as that, not something super specific.

The loot: Great idea, until you started talking about pulling gold and items from top people. This might be semi-but-barely ok on PvP servers, but wont work on PvE servers where no one is required to PvP. The entire idea of pulling loot from others would not pass. Lets just keep the loot / gold generated as random grey high gold vendor trash, and rare boe / bop toys and fun items.

Fencing and such: This would actually be better as an independent idea, unrelated to the above capital city vault. The fencing items could be obtained from smaller "Vaults" that are randomly chosen day to day.
-Each day a random smaller city will be marked with a vault symbol, this city can be assaulted and robbed once that day. Imagine Monday, crossroads and wetlands is chosen, with each side having to assault the respective sides mini-safe. This would give people a smaller target, and give people a reason to get out in the world more, instead of camping major cities 24/7.
-Items looted from the vault have a 24 hr fence time, in which the opposing faction can get the item back and stop the bonus gold going to enemy faction. In the event the item is recovered, a new vault symbol / location is chosen for the day, and the item must be robbed again.

Just some ideas thrown out.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
sorry skul, but without having 'skin in the game', players don't bother fighting. there's no incentive. losing a piece of gear from a randomly selected top player bank is hardly devastating, but enough to torque people off. which is the point. if it's a pve/rp realm and no one is doing pvp, then it'll happen rarely... but the option is there (variety is the spice of life)

keep in mind, retrieving the stolen items wouldn't actually be that hard... as the fence is in a x-realm zone, allowing for x-realm raids to be pulled together for the job

the need for a top rogue-engineer is for the lore... a safe-cracker. just like the need for an actual healer to heal, you need a safe cracker to crack the vault. they planned the heist, they should remember to bring the tools. no reason not to have it.

your idea for a list of targeted daily safes to hit would prolly work fine as part of a thieves guild... also found in the fence's area (maybe it's a small town like ratchet with a deep/vast maze underneath)... but i'd want to keep the wpvp cycle going with the main city vault getting hit and the retaliation/revenge being sought @ the fence
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Would I be able to use 0queue to find groups for this? Also - wouldn't bots overrun the cities and camp them making it impossible for regular players to actually get any loot? I can't support an idea that would only facilitate bots, it's kind of like you're a bot defender and sympathizer.

Also, I don't think the WoW community in general would be very receptive of randomly losing their loot. This isn't a game like Asheron's Call. I can picture the uproar now, are you trying to cause unrest? Very naughty, I don't like it.

Sounds too controversial and convoluted, please don't seek position as a designer.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Why you don't work for blizzard is beyond me.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
Love this idea man! It could really breath more life into wPvP.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
love the idea..

but i agree that it shouldn't only be rogue-engineer .. unless u mean rogue OR engineer..

u do bring a healer to heal but a healer can be one of 5 classes regardless of their proffision

wanna crack a safe bring a rogue OR engineer that could be any class.. yea sounds right

if u already meant that then it's perfect

Also about the mini safe.. could be based on the area level? lowbies like to wpvp too :P
and to avoid carriers, can make it a number limited with level restrictions to get in that zone/instance to attack or defend it when responding to the world pvp alert?

also i think the idea of number/level limits will make it kind of a fair game for all realms regardless of their population.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
actually ... could make a BG of that if it won't work for wpvp.. and this would be the money-maker for poor pvpers that don't wanna pve. (like me </3 )
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tiny, I recently made a thread in regards to you amazing oQueue Addon, titled "I Love the oQueue Addon! -PvPers"

It read as fallows:

For anyone who loves to do rated-BGS, reg-bgs, and or just find qualified players in general, this is the best way to do it. I have met so many PvPers and now can fill up my groups and join groups on my own. It can also be used to find groups for other WoW related content (raids, regulars, ect..).

For someone like me, who comes from a small server (Zuluhed), I would have never been able to participate in as many R-BGs or fill up my R-BG groups with the properly geared players as I can now with this addon.

Thank you Tiny for adding this amazing feature to the game and for always doing your best to communicate with the players who use it on what should be fixed.

Every PvP player I know is downloading this addon. So if you want to meet great players, join more groups, and fill up your groups fast... this is the best way to do it.

<3
~Aster /Mimzy~

I really do appreciate your amazing contribution to the game, it definitely re-hooked me into WoW with all the more PvP content I can experience
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Bump so it doesn't get lost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I like it, bump.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
btw, if you would like to see this suggestion implemented, please paste a link to this thread into the 'submit suggestion' box in-game. i've been told those suggestions are delivered to development and it's one of the few ways they get input from players
Reply Quote
Bump-and-a-half, this is a great idea.. gives an opportunity to take both sides of PvP and PvE and use them effectively in agroup. Id like to see more on this one for sure..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think this sounds like a great idea in theory. However, some problems would probably become more pronounced were it implemented. On KJ, Ruinous regularly brings down the entire server by raiding Org. If ~100 people raiding a capital can bring down a high-pop server, there would likely have to be some fairly large changes to make this work. Create a toon on KJ, and hop into Org on a Monday night. You have phasing about every 20 feet. It's insane.

If the servers cant handle this then i really think blizz is doing something wrong... would be nice to see our 15$ a month go towards fixing these kinds of issues.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/23/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Billymayys
I think this sounds like a great idea in theory. However, some problems would probably become more pronounced were it implemented. On KJ, Ruinous regularly brings down the entire server by raiding Org. If ~100 people raiding a capital can bring down a high-pop server, there would likely have to be some fairly large changes to make this work. Create a toon on KJ, and hop into Org on a Monday night. You have phasing about every 20 feet. It's insane.

If the servers cant handle this then i really think blizz is doing something wrong... would be nice to see our 15$ a month go towards fixing these kinds of issues.

By doing something wrong i mean, their hardware and network SHOULD, be able to facilitate this kind of traffic.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]