Is Blizzard forgetting our class' essence?

84 Goblin Rogue
Is Blizzard forgetting the essence of our classes? It seems to me that although the upcoming gear for pvp season 13 and the tier 15 gear has had alot of hard work put into it, that the designers are straying away from what each of the classes stand for and are instead designing gear for the theme of the current expansion. Rogues for instance, are about blending into the shadows, and terminating their targets swiftly and effectively. Looking at the upcoming sets for both tier and pvp, it seems to me that the armor would be more cumbersome and showy than a Rogue would like. The points on the shoulders would make it impossible to fit into tight spaces and the clunky boots can't be overly quite or discrete.

The warlock season 13 set does anything but hearken me back to their origins. They come off more as Exorcists or something that would appear in an anime show, not the tainted Druids they are.

But if you look at all of the up-incoming sets, you will see an obviously Mogu/Asian influence to it all in one way shape or form. For the Monk, that makes sense, but for the other classes it makes very little. It cheapens the authentic feel for the Monks if aspects of design are similar throughout the entire class sets.

Again, I can see that alot of time and effort went into the creation of these gear sets, and as a loyal customer I appreciate all of Blizzard's hard work and devotion to us, I just think they need to get back to basics when it comes to the creation of pvp and tier sets. I hope one day to blend as easily into the shadows as I once could.

PS. Love the mage set :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]