5.2 PTR CM nerf reverted; Pyro nerfed 10%

90 Blood Elf Mage

That's what the Illuminati want you to think.

That's what I'm expected to say, right?

I'm amused by the statement "I expect a company to respond to market pressures" equates to being a "conspiracy theoriest".

Where did I or anyone else say that?

Its the belief that blizzard is lying about having testing done when there is no proof for them to be lying.

Who said they didn't do testing? I said their testing was irrelevant and inaccurate. Hence the Fire nerfs a week after 5.1. Remember? The weeks the combustion change was on the PTR with no issues. They internally tested the f*** out of it, didn't they? How about Arcane in 5.0? Must've been on the beta PTR for the better part of a year, they sure internally tested the s*** out of that.

I'm not saying Blizzard is lying. I'm saying they're incompetent.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
03/01/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Taymage
There is no testing

Try harder.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/01/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Hiroran
There is no testing

Try harder.

Its the belief that blizzard is lying about having testing done when there is no proof for them to be lying.

You linked this to me. Accusing me of saying they haven't done testing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/01/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Lhivera
Some calm and reasoned statements on the subject, along with ideas about the nonlinear version of CM, were made in the PTR feedback thread where GC responded. Since that's where they were seeking feedback, it seems reasonable to assume that's the feedback they were referring to.

Agreed, I myself knew that Fire at end of 5.2 was going to be too strong and something would need changed. CM however was the wrong spot to target for all of the mage population in the next month or two, and 90%+ of the mage population two months into 5.2.

I am also certain they saw threads on WoW Damage Dealing forum and Mage forum over at mmo. While both those thread had their fair share of angry people, there were certainly several people calmly asking that CM not be the target.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

Where did I or anyone else say that?

Who said they didn't do testing? I said their testing was irrelevant and inaccurate. Hence the Fire nerfs a week after 5.1. Remember? The weeks the combustion change was on the PTR with no issues. They internally tested the f*** out of it, didn't they? How about Arcane in 5.0? Must've been on the beta PTR for the better part of a year, they sure internally tested the s*** out of that.

I'm not saying Blizzard is lying. I'm saying they're incompetent.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

I never said you said that, I just made the response that you said something I didn't. I was just elaborating to you why I said there were conspiracy theorists.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/01/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Hiroran

I never said you said that, I just made the response that you said something I didn't. I was just elaborating to you why I said there were conspiracy theorists.

Well then. I misunderstood. Your mage has a funny hat.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
He did, now he has a scary mask. That somehow makes my tusks invisible. Its a magic mask.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/01/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Hiroran
There is no testing

Try harder.

*rolls eyes*

Here is the entire post.

There is no testing, or at least no testing that gives any valuable information. Or maybe they just don't give a crap. But that should have been obvious with the insane way they hotfix nerfed CM with literally zero testing on the PTR right after 5.1.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
03/01/2013 04:02 PMPosted by Taymage

Try harder.

*rolls eyes*

Here is the entire post.

There is no testing, or at least no testing that gives any valuable information. Or maybe they just don't give a crap. But that should have been obvious with the insane way they hotfix nerfed CM with literally zero testing on the PTR right after 5.1.

Yes and just like you said, "There is no testing" having or after that just means that its another possibilty, you still thing that there is a possibility that they are flat out lying. When you have nothing to prove it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Read the whole thing again Hiro.

You will note one of the things I talk about is the 5.1 hotfix nerf to CM. That was done with literally no testing. This isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a simple fact. They hotfix nerfed CM from 1.5 to 1.25 *after* 5.1 went live. There was no PTR in existence, so there was no testing of it. That's what I'm talking about. The sentence explains various things that have *actually happened*.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
No it explains 1 event out of many.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Read the whole thing again Hiro.

You will note one of the things I talk about is the 5.1 hotfix nerf to CM. That was done with literally no testing. This isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a simple fact. They hotfix nerfed CM from 1.5 to 1.25 *after* 5.1 went live. There was no PTR in existence, so there was no testing of it. That's what I'm talking about. The sentence explains various things that have *actually happened*.

I like that this paragraph takes for granted the assertion you are trying to pretend you're not making - that there is no internal Blizzard testing. In one post you deny having ever made such an assertion, and in the very next one it's the crux of your argument.
Edited by Mahourai on 3/1/2013 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
At some point you guys just need to sex it out. I've never seen so much bickering over semantics and who said what and how and why.

On the actual topic, so long as 10% nerf to pyro isn't too much, I MUCH prefer this over nerfing CM.

Good job, Ghostcrawler and Co, thanks for paying attention.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/01/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Freemarket
At some point you guys just need to sex it out.

Sounds fun, I'm down for that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Orgies for EVERY MAGE.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Eh its probably not safe, trolls get into some pretty nasty stuff in our free time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Really isnt that OP... Feral spaming ravage is a lot worse. hell look at rogue's for 5.2. Fire's burst is now countered by offensive dispel's twice over defensive dispel's, defensive's, anything that stop's crit's, silence's and or any other cc. Plus if a fire mage cant kill something in its deep it's basicly tickling the enemy for damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/01/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Hiroran
Eh its probably not safe, trolls get into some pretty nasty stuff in our free time.

And blood elves are just wh*res.
Edited by Taymage on 3/1/2013 10:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
03/01/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Hiroran

Safety is for Alliance scum.

BLOOD AND THUNDER! LOK'TAR BENDOVAR!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]