5.2 LFR Delay? What?

100 Tauren Druid
03/03/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Tyelynn
It's amazing how quickly those whining have forgotten that, just a little more than a year ago, there was no method for them to experience raiding at all (to those that are "LFR raiders"). LFR is a gift; shut up and enjoy it.

Other way around. Raiding participation was so low that without LFR boosting the numbers, raiding was in danger of being scrapped. Normal and Heroic modes existing at all are LFR's gift to you.

Hahaha, wow, how much do you need to twist around basic logic to leap to that sort of conclusion?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
You are kidding, right? Saying that 25-man feels like more like a raid than 10-man is hating on others? Ok then... Saying that LFR is a gift and telling us to shut up is about 1000x harsher than giving one's opinion.

No. What I'm saying is, your whole point about how raids FEEL is purely your opinion, so don't tell others to leave their opinions out of their responses when your premise is based on one.

I don't have a problem with anyone posting their opinion, just don't get your panties in a twist when mine isn't yours; that's what irks me.

And yes, LFR is a gift, as is every form of raiding. Appreciate it and stop whining. If you claim you're an "LFR raider" then you should be glad that you finally have a format to experience the raids after all these years.

I do both - well try anyways - 10-man equalization mortally wounded 25-mans that have slowly been bleeding over the last couple years. LFR caused a rupture in 25-mans artery and is hastening its death - I've watched 3 25-mans die already this xpac and there are no PUGS to be found. So, I wouldn't call LFR a gift as much as one of the final nails in the coffin. So yeah, if the only way I can get my 25-man raiding in is slogging through LFR with people who like to afk and drool on the keyboard, then that is what I have to put up with - I don't need artificial delays to content on top of it. LFR isn't a choice, it is the only option - 10-man raids are a dime a dozen, 25-man is a dying breed even though it should be the only choice.
Edited by Ashlí on 3/3/2013 10:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
if you have ONLY lfr gear then you are second class citizen status. take the time you spend sitting in lfr que and go do an msv normal. get in a vent with people and coordinate proper stategies of doing the bosses. it's alot more fun than you would think.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Why are people shocked about LFR delay? It is the same schedule type they used for all MoP raids. Vaults normal one week, LFR and heroic weeks later, Heart after that, ect. Do some mental exercises to help your memory and realize this isn't new. This is standard MoP practice. /shrug
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Whether or not it was modified recently is irrelevant, but the official schedule is completely acceptable to me. First half of raid available within 2 weeks, full raid within 6 weeks.

Ty Blizzard for changing your minds if it were to be 2 weeks between each section (including section 1 from launch.)
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Paladin
I'm sure they're really worried about your opinion of their release schedule.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Good job with the LFR schedule.

People who raid normal/heroic might still have to jump into LFR, but it was an intelligent choice to delay the gear that actually matters from LFR over a month into the patch.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
The delay is a fantastic move. Too much ToT on a trivial level would drain the succulent flavor out of it in a heartbeat.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's gated to mimic normal progression in raids.

Normal raiders won't see the end boss for months either. In fact the only guys that will see the end content are the heroic mode raiders who will complete the normal raid within the week.

Our raid in Normal Mode Tier 13 didn't see Sha of Fear until 3 weeks ago, I had been farming him on LFR for a month and a half already at that point.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's gated to mimic normal progression in raids.

Normal raiders won't see the end boss for months either. In fact the only guys that will see the end content are the heroic mode raiders who will complete the normal raid within the week.

Our raid in Normal Mode Tier 13 didn't see Sha of Fear until 3 weeks ago, I had been farming him on LFR for a month and a half already at that point.

I think that your post strikes at the heart of the issue very well. Lei Shen is a real monster, and we want his encounter to feel climactic. Most normal mode raiders won't see him for a while, and that climactic feel is diminished when players have already been farming him for weeks in the Raid Finder before they ever get to see him on normal mode with their guild mates.

On the same token, we know players using the Raid Finder want to see new content, and we do plan to release the first two wings faster than the last two, to make sure that those players have something new to enjoy sooner rather than later.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Blizzard spits in the face of the majority of the player base to appease a small percentage of players again.

Thanks a lot blizz i appreciate it as a 5+ year customer to be treated as second class.

What's stopping you from doing normal mode?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blizzard spits in the face of the majority of the player base to appease a small percentage of players again.

Thanks a lot blizz i appreciate it as a 5+ year customer to be treated as second class.

What's stopping you from doing normal mode?

Haven't you heard? Normal modes are full of absurd dps checks like garalon and elegon that the average normal mode raider can't beat.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
Normal modes in throne of thunder are tuned as following

first 3 bosses
ilvl 502
next 3 bosses after that
ilvl 507
next 3 bosses after that
ilvl 512
last 3 bosses
ilvl 517

Most normal mode raiders will not clear instance week 1 and it will be gated for them as well as they raise their raids average ilvl from early bosses to defeat later ones. In fact, they'll probably clear it at same rate as LFR or even slower.
Ion posted in an interview that he wanted normal mode progression to mean something for those who do not raid heroic content so they don't consume content too fast. That same interview also said that while heroic raiders will clear it in first week, doing so won't be faceroll either as most of us have about an ilvl 510 average at best and end bosses are tuned to 517.
The LFR gating mimicking normal mode progress is pretty much exactly the intent as daxx states. LFR bosses are also tuned up later on as well so you'll NEED those gear upgrades from the weeks of farming first two wings to defeat the second two wings.
Edited by Omegal on 3/4/2013 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I think people who raid LFR should be grateful they even get to see content without putting in even remotely the same effort as people raiding normals, let alone people raiding heroics, and should cut the entitlement crap.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
My raid group likely won't clear the instance on Normal mode difficulty for at least six weeks. That's two new boss kills per week. Considering that we raid just two nights a week and in MSV/HoF tended to take 2-3 nights to kill a boss, that is a very optimistic kill schedule. Given that assumed time frame, we'd kill Lei Shen on April 15 (we raid Thursday + Monday). That's only a day before anyone that only raids LFR will kill him. More likely, we'll take longer than that. I'm estimating 9 weeks actually.

I don't see the delay as a problem. Most organized raiders won't clear it any faster than LFR-only raiders do anyway. Of course the truly hardcore will be done in a week, but most players aren't like that. An extremely small number of people will kill Lei Shen in the first week or even the first month. That's ok. There's nothing wrong with MMO content taking a little time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Nothing new about it, Blizzard only cares about a low percentage of players, just like always. Ra-den is another slap in the face to the playerbase , a boss with so much lore is focused on hardcore players, people who don't give a "ook" about lore. I guess I'll just watch it on youtube or read a wiki, since I'll never get a chance to actually fully understand what the hell is going in the new raid, thanks blizzard really "ooking" smart. Release LFR faster.
Edited by Neklord on 3/4/2013 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]