What does a Druid wear?

17 Tauren Druid
Been playing WoW for about a year, but always with warriors or mages. Decided I'd try a druid for a change but can't seem to get a lead on what kind of gear he needs.

Chose as a Balance druid, (no reason since i'm at sea over all things druid) and am having fun. But definitely need advice. I assume I should choose for intellect, but should he wear cloth or what?

TIA Would greatly appreciate some ideas.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
leather when possible, but at lower levels it can be hard to find intellect leather.
If you can't find appropriate leather, cloth is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
~~
Cloth or Leather intellect gear is both fine until higher levels when you'll get a bonus for wearing all leather. Just take what you can get for now.
~~
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Rogue
at about 20-24, feral druids really do well.
get all the agility gear you can find, mostly from stockades and blackfathom deeps
Reply Quote
For Balance you want whatever gives you the most INT (up until you get to level 50, at which point you want to transition to all leather.)

Armor is of secondary importance relative to Int, so generally you are going to be better off equipping cloth gear with more INT if you have to make that choice. Especially if you are doing more group play, which miminizes (hopefully!!) the amount of times you are attacked.

While it won't matter as much yet, your next best stat is Spirit (Really, it's Hit, but Spirit gives Hit plus out of combat regen, so it's a bit better than straight Hit) - which you probably already know from rolling Mages.

<S>

P.S. This completely changes if you switch to Feral (as seemingly suggested by the post above me). Unlike Warriors and Mages where all 3 specs use similar gear (with different emphasis on secondaries) - Ferals and Guardians gear very differently from Balance and Resto.
Edited by Sylth on 2/22/2013 7:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 07:03 AMPosted by Sylth
While it won't matter as much yet, your next best stat is Spirit (Really, it's Hit, but Spirit gives Hit plus out of combat regen, so it's a bit better than straight Hit) - which you probably already know from rolling Mages.

Spirit is indeed a rather good stat for low level hybrid casters like Elemental Shaman and Balance Druids, especially at low levels.

Just to clarify though, it is not a good stat at all for Mages.
Reply Quote
17 Tauren Druid
Thanks all!

I've been choosing leather if I can find it, so I guess I'm okay.

I've got a level 85 leatherworker on another alt, so maybe I'll finally find something to do with him. So far, I've leveled his profession as he went along, but haven't otherwise used it.
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Druid
Leather. Always leather. I have been playing a Druid for about a year. I always thought they were stronger in cloth because I play with mages and priests. But for some reason they are really strong wearing leather. It's hard finding it at low levels though
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Rogue
dex where i get you are trying to help, the OP got his answer back in February, and they are better in leather because that is their class armor type.

each class uses a different type of armor:

cloth (mages priests and warlocks)

leather (monks rogues and druids) ( also used by hunters and shamans until lvl 40)

mail (hunters and shaman, they start using mail at lvl 40) (also used by warriors and paladins till level 40)

plate: (Dks, warriors and paladins) (paladins and warriors use plate at level 40)

then it varies on what specialization you took.

for example, you dex are feral, so you want leather gear with agility.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Edit: didn't see this was a necro
Edited by Lavolpe on 9/18/2013 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]