How to power level pets to 25

100 Human Paladin
Hey again pet battlers!

For those of you who have seen my guides thus far, hey! For those who haven't... you should go watch them :P

Anyway, I have created a quick guide on how to level pets to 25 quickly and easily (takes about and hour per pet) to complement the trainer series I have been working on. It covers the basic pricipals of power leveling a pet and two of the best locations to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-P4fIjeqZ4

Note - The tactic presumes you have at least 1 pet at 25 already.
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Shaman
vale of eternal blossoms + pterrodax hatchling + safari hat (not needed, but helps) = quicker imo. good strat though :)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Vale right outside the shrine + Brilliant Kaliri (which most pet battlers have as it's the reward for 175 pets) is much much quicker.

Round one put out any pet (even a level one as the aquatics rarely hit on round one) then swap to Brilliant Kaliri using 2,2,2 as his moveset. Put out cyclone to soften up the back row then use quills til dead. Quills does ~780 damage per round and you can also use predatory strike which hits aquatics for around 500 and if it drops them below 25% it's over.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/22/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Tauxy
vale of eternal blossoms + pterrodax hatchling + safari hat (not needed, but helps) = quicker imo. good strat though :)

I did feature the vale :) anything flying pet makes quick work of the place; as I said in the video, you need to think what your pets are best suited too, not everyone has a flying type leveled making vale more of a struggle then it needs to be.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Using this forum to advertise another site, instead of sharing information here, is just a selfish waste of space.

It's not only advertising, it's false advertising, as the information in your blog and video is, at best, unhelpful.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have a blog? News to me; and I dont think youtube needs that much of an advertisement.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Using this forum to advertise another site, instead of sharing information here, is just a selfish waste of space.

It's not only advertising, it's false advertising, as the information in your blog and video is, at best, unhelpful.

This type of comment is selfish and unhelpful. There are many people here who have their own blogs and guides that they put work into, and why shouldn't they let others who are interested in the same thing know about them? If we all thought like you do, we wouldn't have amazing sites like the ones Warla and Simca and many others have put together.

Also, many people have found Lokkth's guides to be helpful, so just because you personally don't find it to be useful, doesn't mean someone else won't, either. There are many methods to powerlevel a pet, Lokkth just documents some of the convenient ones.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Things like the above comment make working on these worth it :) , they do take a surprisingly large amount of time to do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just a suggestion -- reduce the amount of unnecessary talking.

I understand you are trying to be amusing and to encourage more people to watch your video but the video was 9 minutes long.

Within the first 45 seconds you said... pretty much nothing.

At around the 55 second mark I just exited.

If this style is working for you -- by all means keep going with it.

However I personally find it to be boring and not worth the 9 minutes to watch. I would rather have something more streamlined/straightforward.

However I will say I am glad someone is out there making guides for pet battling. It is a good thing.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I like your videos, I'm am definitely going to invest in a clockwork gnome.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Ezræil, I agree. I feel that I dragged the intro out about a minute too long in this one; Other then my early ones most have pretty dam quick intros (check out the cataclysm ones for very contenet filled episodes).

Rabindso <3
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for the video!

You might want to include some consideration for the type of battle stone that can potentially drop.

For me, the aquatic family was the first to be completely upgraded to rare due to the number of stones I received, so I avoid the Vale for leveling entirely.

Instead, I chose to use the Valley to fill out my critter stones; In four battles in the valley you can get a level 1 to level 10 consistently. Be sure to avoid putting your level 1 against an enemy with poison fang.

Out of curiosity, did you get any Flying stones to drop from the Dragonbone Hatchlings?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I did indeed. Have 2 of them at the moment and also managed a flawless. I would suspect the dragonbone hatchlings are the best place to farm them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dragonblight is one of my main power leveling spots, the other one I have had a lot of success using is Krasarang Wilds at the Incursion farming Jungle Grubs.

They have a very rapid re-spawn rate, and they VERY close to the stable master. There are a few things to consider when using these jungle grubs as the pet to farm.

1. One of their abilities they tend to spam a lot is sticky goo, preventing pet swap for 5 rounds.
2. The alternative to this is a poison that hit pretty hard on a lower level pet.

The best work around I have found for these is to not take your pet you are leveling until level 15 or so, as well as opening up with a 25 rather then your pet you are leveling, that way you can mouse over the grub's move set and see if it is using "sticky goo", if it is wait til you kill the grub before swapping on the low level to get its one move in.

Once you get the method for power leveling off the grubs they have the closest possible distance from a stable master -> pets from any other location I've seen, and re-spawn rate much faster then that of the bonechewers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The tamer dailies are far and away the best way to level a pet - and they consume enough time that I'm rarely tempted to spend time grinding away on wild pet battles.

However, if I am going to do such a thing normally I do so by hunting whatever I happen to need at the time. For example, I wanted a set of rare Wild Hatchlings. Since they're all over the place near the Arboretum, I just leveled pets while looking for my rares.

I did the same thing looking for a Rapana Whelk at one point as well. At (much) lower levels you'll find critters like Nether Faerie Dragons, Water Wavelings, etc. which have great spawns.

I also find proximity to a stable master meaningless since I have more pet bandages than I know what to do with anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter

I like his videos and I enjoy seeing what other people are doing. I have learned a few cool tips already. You don't have to rain on the parade just because it's not useful to you.

Keep up the good work Lokth! Thanks for the videos!

I used a stone on a P/P bat from Eastern Plaguelands. This guy is ridiculous for speed leveling in the vale. Reckless strike hits for around 550 on all pets and around 800 on aquatics, with NO COOLDOWN! He 2-shots almost everything, so you can wrap up a battle in about 8-10 turns. It's fun. I recommend it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
02/24/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Stygimoloch
I used a stone on a P/P bat from Eastern Plaguelands.

Oh, by the way, I farmed up the flying stone on the Dragonbone Hatchlings. :)
Reply Quote
99 Human Warlock
Grinding wild pets is terrible, and people who level pets that way are doing it wrong. You can level 2 pets a day to 25 using only the trainers who reward bags, and Pandaria tamers reward 10x as much experience as wild pets in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. That's the correct way to power level pets.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/24/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Crawford
Grinding wild pets is terrible, and people who level pets that way are doing it wrong. You can level 2 pets a day to 25 using only the trainers who reward bags, and Pandaria tamers reward 10x as much experience as wild pets in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. That's the correct way to power level pets.

not everyone has a team capable of 2 manning the tammers; this is one of the simplaer ways to get a pet to max level so you can 2 man the tammers :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/24/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Crawford
Pandaria tamers reward 10x as much experience

I thought it was 5x...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7922040#pet_battles
"The experience multiplier obtained by all seven Grand Master pet trainers in Pandaria has been increased to x5 from x3.5"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]