-25% Execute nerf.

90 Human Warrior
Update 2/26/13:
- Partially reverted the -25% nerf to Execute. It's now -15%. (As mentioned previously, we adjust the meta-gem.)

ouch...

well as long as it stays as damage priority under 20% health, I guess I'll be ok.

I rather see a nerf on our haste buff.

Edit: Collision suggested it I just agree with it.

Would much rather lose the haste buff before execute changes. Haste buff is boring, and a execute nerf would be too.
Edited by Prophexor on 2/26/2013 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/22/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Prophexor

I'd rather just see not as a hefty nerf to execute.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I can get execute crits for about 800k on fights such as Garalon. Even with that nerf it would hurt for a good 600k. Will still use.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Where do you see this nerf to execute?

Nvm i found it
Edited by Fabz on 2/22/2013 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/22/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Curoar

Basically this, or a buff to other abilities compensating part of it.

A 5-10% execute nerf would be fine wrt dropping damage values and bringing SMF/TG closer together. A 25% nerf is a pretty big chunk that is really not needed. The weirdest part is we can say this pretty confidently based on their own reaction to a smaller nerf just a couple of days ago. I have no idea what they are thinking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/22/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Secondwind

Basically this, or a buff to other abilities compensating part of it.

A 5-10% execute nerf would be fine wrt dropping damage values and bringing SMF/TG closer together. A 25% nerf is a pretty big chunk that is really not needed. The weirdest part is we can say this pretty confidently based on their own reaction to a smaller nerf just a couple of days ago. I have no idea what they are thinking.

I hear you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think it has to do with gear scaling. So it might not be such a nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
That's to big of a percentage. 10% is about where this needs to be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/22/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Ablaze
I think it has to do with gear scaling. So it might not be such a nerf.

Well the real issue is that 3 days ago there was a 3% nerf to fury and .5% nerf to arms... these nerfs were reverted in favor of nerfing the new legendary for us instead.

Even if they had decided that nerfing the meta wasn't enough, or wasn't going to work, it makes no sense to come back with a different nerf that is even bigger in terms of change to overall dps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wow! This is the second change I've read today that was brought up during beta and is finally being proposed by Blizz.

First: 3 min CD Reck 30% crit, a number of people suggested a Reck change late in beta because warrior burst was too high.

Second: Execute -25% damage, a lot of people suggested this all throughout beta because its not fun to hit weaker than everyone else till the end of the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/22/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Sgtjonson
Second: Execute -25% damage, a lot of people suggested this all throughout beta because its not fun to hit weaker than everyone else till the end of the fight.

There are no buffs to offset that during 100-20% though, which was another part of the suggestion there. This is just a flat nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Execute nerf is going to hurt, yes, but as Sgtjonson stated, this is a nerf that's been suggested early, and honestly, I do agree that the execute nerf may be a good thing.

Hear me out, yes, doing colossal numbers with execute is fun, but having your rotation gimped because execute will make your DPS go skyrocket isn't fun. It leaves you to do meh all fight before you actually do good. I'd rather have just a slight DPS increase during my execute phases, rather than a HUGE DPS increase during execute phases, like right now, but an otherwise lower overall DPS out of execute phases.

Besides, with the new SD mechanics making OP free after using execute, that itself will consist a huge DPS increase during execute phases, not even by execute's damage itself.

As for the reck nerf, if you look at our new set bonus, stacking reck with banner will give us lots of crit, and that's exactly what they want us to. They want recklessness and skull banner to line up together. Plus, in PVP, we'll be able to line up avatar, banner and recklessness every time. So this may end up being a pretty cool thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
From a fury pvp pov...I rather have the execute nerf thant the 10% nerf on CS BT RB since a target under 20% health its not usual thing during a pvp fight. Executes are used more often for pve than pvp. Still -25% nerf on executes seems too much for pvp.

Dont hate me...but im not going crazy over this...I see it as a big nerf for pve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So, nothing to offset this nerf for Fury PvE? No bufffs to BT or RB?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/22/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Samayael

There are no buffs to offset that during 100-20% though, which was another part of the suggestion there. This is just a flat nerf.

Agreed.

Warriors have been saying that our burst was too high and that they should increase sustained dps and lower burst. The sustained dps they gave us is not enough to make up for burst they are nerfing.

From MoP beta until now, Warrior has changed almost entirely in almost every way. Our rotaion, utility, glyphs, procs - just about everything has changed. This done in a span of about five months. Bliz has absolutely no excuse for this. They need to admit that they screwed up and have no idea on what to do to fix ANY class. Balance will never happen, it's impossible. What they need to concentrate on is the game and the fun factor and not catering to all the whiners.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Its being nerfed because warriors in 5.2 are hitting too hard. Remember warriors have always scaled really well with gear. This happens every major content patch and is flipped every expac to start over again.

There were some minor damage buffs; though, mentioned long before this nerf. Check up on the full 5.2 patch notes to see everything that's being changed if you like.

I'd rather have it adjusted with a nerf to Execute than to have the warriors main abilities nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Its being nerfed because warriors in 5.2 are hitting too hard. Remember warriors have always scaled really well with gear. This happens every major content patch and is flipped every expac to start over again.

There were some minor damage buffs; though, mentioned long before this nerf. Check up on the full 5.2 patch notes to see everything that's being changed if you like.

I'd rather have it adjusted with a nerf to Execute than to have the warriors main abilities nerfed.

There was a change so that Warriors aren't completely gear dependent as before.
I see no buffs that are extremely favorable to Fury Warriors, so nothing to off-set it for Execute. If they want to nerf our Execute by that much, fine. But have the decency to offset the nerf, considering that Warriors during execute phase is when we have to shine and do a good portion of our damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/22/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Liamaru
There was a change so that Warriors aren't completely gear dependent as before.

Not AS gear dependent as before but still very gear dependent.

see no buffs that are extremely favorable to Fury Warriors, so nothing to off-set it for Execute

You don't seem to get it. Warrior damage went up, whether you like it or not, in 5.2 and its higher than other classes and needs to be brought down to that level.

Warrior damage in 5.2 is too much higher than other classes and it needs to be nerfed, simple as that. I'd rather see the nerf happen with Reck and Execute than our main attack abilities.

This has nothing to do with 5.1.
Edited by Sgtjonson on 2/22/2013 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Also worth pointing out this is a substantial nerf to arms as well. A few days ago it was "well, if we absolutely have to we can just go arms based on these 10% nerfs." This hurts warrior dps across the board, and bizarrely, it's a bigger nerf than the 10% they said just yesterday wasn't necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Warrior – we reverted the nerfs to Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow. We planned on taking the damage out of Execute instead, but before we do that, we’re concerned that the actual problem is the legendary meta-gem being too good for warriors, and we don’t think it’s fair to nerf all warriors because of an item that nobody will have for some time. We may nerf the metagem for warriors instead.

From a blue post on MMO Champ this morning. Where did you guys see the 25 percent nerf to Execute?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]