-25% Execute nerf.

90 Human Warlock
i really dont see why people are complaining the execute nerf isnt all that bad considering how next tier fury will be able have near enough 100% uptime of there mastery. Which at the moment is still rather RNG based. Especially with the set bonuses that come with this raid tier.

Throughout this tier warriors dps has increased a lot quicker the more gear people have got compared to other classes.

the way crit and mastery works for fury makes them scale so well with gear. Warriors are still going to be in the top 25% of damage/ dps come 5.2.

All this is , is a simple re-distribution of damage from execute to our other abilitys. Leaving CS, RB and BT as they are now is a buff in its own right further down the line.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
So over the past month leading up to 5.2 I didn't see any warrior nerfs and I look back 2 days in a row, close-ish to patch day and 2 different nerfs. I understand our dps might be ridiculous without them with our gear scaling but bringing my 2 million executes down to 1.5 million seems like too much blizzard. (exaggerated, but still true, the execute nerf is way over the top)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Gonna be mad if they don't at least partially revert this.

Execute phase is why I love my warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
At least if they reduce the damage then make it happen earlier. Previously happen when enemy<20% then change it to start activate when enemy hp<30%
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Warrior
i really dont see why people are complaining the execute nerf isnt all that bad considering how next tier fury will be able have near enough 100% uptime of there mastery. Which at the moment is still rather RNG based. Especially with the set bonuses that come with this raid tier.

Throughout this tier warriors dps has increased a lot quicker the more gear people have got compared to other classes.

the way crit and mastery works for fury makes them scale so well with gear. Warriors are still going to be in the top 25% of damage/ dps come 5.2.

All this is , is a simple re-distribution of damage from execute to our other abilitys. Leaving CS, RB and BT as they are now is a buff in its own right further down the line.

You've got to admit the whole design is just silly though.

Warriors are going to have to start off the next tier at a disadvantage, until they gear up.

Once warriors start picking up new gear they will be about equal with everyone else, possibly even pulling ahead when the top tier warriors get fully decked out, then warriors get to wait to see if they need another nerf for the next patch.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
War
I dont care for the nerfs. I pvp as prot because Arms is retarded, Execute never seems to kill anything for me until I've spammed it a few times. Yet Monks, from what I've read *I will not lower myself to play another class* Have touch of death which is a guaranteed kill strike. WTF over? Execute is a finishing move, you should have to blow cooldowns or waste a LOH or something to survive. That's like when Bladestorm was the end tree talent in Arms then they made it disarmable and nerf it to the floor. You take something that is meant to be a game changer and make it worthless like a 4 cylinder race car. That one big execute could mean a victory or loss in pvp. And in high end Arena I am positive that team mates do everything they can to save one another so they can win. In PVE I can not speak much since I haven't done much of it so speculating how my DPS would change is not something I will do at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is the reason that they gave the buff to arms they did. I was on the PTR and the numbers I saw were really good. I used a heroic starshatter and after 12 minutes parses I was consistantly 94-97k. When 5.2 releases, Arms will be the top single target dps spec with fury being used for AoE fights.

I got logs from people doing raid testing on the PTR and they found that this was ture across the board. I never really enjoyedf begin so lop-sided in DPS. I want to be viable 100%-20% without feeling like all I am doing is waiting to start executing. With gear executing will feel like it used to be as far as fun and saving CDs for 20% but until you you the gear for it Arms will be the best single target.

Because like Gallexiia was saying with the 2/4p for Warriors Mastery/Crit will scale so well together
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/23/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Bannanaclip
I dont care for the nerfs. I pvp as prot because Arms is retarded, Execute never seems to kill anything for me until I've spammed it a few times. Yet Monks, from what I've read *I will not lower myself to play another class* Have touch of death which is a guaranteed kill strike. WTF over? Execute is a finishing move, you should have to blow cooldowns or waste a LOH or something to survive. That's like when Bladestorm was the end tree talent in Arms then they made it disarmable and nerf it to the floor. You take something that is meant to be a game changer and make it worthless like a 4 cylinder race car. That one big execute could mean a victory or loss in pvp. And in high end Arena I am positive that team mates do everything they can to save one another so they can win. In PVE I can not speak much since I haven't done much of it so speculating how my DPS would change is not something I will do at this point.

This reason alone is what I wish they would just spend the time to seperate abilites for PvE/PvP. Example: Execute does X-dmg to enemies below 20%( Against other players does X-damage)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/23/2013 12:57 AMPosted by Galexiia
i really dont see why people are complaining the execute nerf isnt all that bad considering how next tier fury will be able have near enough 100% uptime of there mastery.

This week on Wind Lord, I had a 72% uptime on Enrage.

I don't think we'll even hit 90% in BIS gear for T15. 80-85%, probably.

02/23/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Snugglz
I want to be viable 100%-20% without feeling like all I am doing is waiting to start executing.

Except fury IS viable from 100-20%. Chances are you either play with people much better than you, or you don't manage rage correctly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Except fury IS viable from 100-20%. Chances are you either play with people much better than you, or you don't manage rage correctly.

Never said our dps was terrible from 100%-20% but when over a 20%-0% span Execute ends up 2nd in your total damage done can make the overall dps feel lop-sided. That was all I was saying not that I didnt know how to manage dps from 100%-20% or that I felt useless.

I guess what I am trying to say is that any Warrior dps typically goes with a high burst phase then to a huge drop off. At that point you try to manage your rotation to keep it from dropping off which it can do without a string of crits until you can use cooldowns til 20%.

Regardless though with the changes they are doing to Execute and the changes to Arms, that Arms is actually viable and attractive as a raiding spec and for the start of 5.2 til probably 2/4p with ToT weapon upgrades. At the time plus the legendary gem fury will outscale Arms.
Edited by Snugglz on 2/23/2013 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Same story every time. Warriors start off low, then with gear they become "OP"(notice the quotes), so we get nerfed again for the next tier. Rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blah blah blah words.

You basically implied it, so it's w/e. We're balanced around backloaded damage, and frankly, that's fine. We can still do more than enough damage to compete with the middle/lower top end of the pack on single target, and then blow them away at execute. Fury is fun because of execute, for the most part, and gimping it this hard is just retarded.

As far as burst phases, fury is a burst spec. It's CS -> conserve -> CS -> ad infinitum. Proper rage management is the skill cap of the spec, and frankly, the current model of it is perfect.

But in the end, unless arms roundhouses fury into the next expansion, I'm not going to switch. Arms just isn't fun, with fury there's planning and rage management and forethought into what you do. With arms it's just MS -> filler, with your next ability being a short priority list, mostly based on how much rage you have. That's not fun.
Edited by Jalopy on 2/23/2013 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
02/23/2013 12:57 AMPosted by Galexiia
i really dont see why people are complaining the execute nerf isnt all that bad considering how next tier fury will be able have near enough 100% uptime of there mastery.

Because of pvp. It's rage cost is huge in a pvp scenario, it's only worth using cause you have a good chance of scoring a kill whit it. And believe me, when it fails to it's very strange to have rage for another.

Even not thinking about pvp, it's a bad nerf. Cause it's a 25% overall nerf. It's not fury specific (and even if it was, execute is a problem for smf, not for tg).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Could this be a nerf to just PvE please? I like my execute doing damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/305406376648261633

It's here to stay.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Lol hard patch for warriors you guys got nerfed so much
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
We'll see. I don't like the Execute nerfs either but Warrior damage will become better and better from 100%-20% because of our Crit scaling. So with Execute to remain the way it was may have been too overpowered. I do wish he would have just adjusted the damage on the gem though, but it was probably too difficult and they just went with the easier solution, pretty annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/23/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Bladeletters
We'll see. I don't like the Execute nerfs either but Warrior damage will become better and better from 100%-20% because of our Crit scaling. So with Execute to remain the way it was may have been too overpowered. I do wish he would have just adjusted the damage on the gem though, but it was probably too difficult and they just went with the easier solution, pretty annoying.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/305406376648261633
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Yeah, I'm not really sure what they actually did when they "looked at the meta". Probably not much.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm sure GC half-assed it too.

I'm just more curious if this is a legitimate "We scale too hard and need to be brought in line" or a "Kick you while you're down".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]