Fury vs arms 5.2 pve

90 Blood Elf Warrior
With the upcoming nurf's and all, what do you think?
Edited by Popple on 2/24/2013 1:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
If Fury gets pushed out and Arms dominates both PvP and PvE, I'll be rerolling.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Seems like arms will be better soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Yea that's what it's looking like from the current patch notes. But I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out that way.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Doesnt bother me which spec is better i like them both. I prefer fury because of how the rotation feels but meh arms requires me to only have to farm one weapon and pay for one enchant.

If the numbers are going to be close then atleast it will give us the freedom to switch without gimping our raid group.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I have always been Fury TG tried SMF but still did more dps with TG spec. After much fighting and close mindedness I Switched to Arms last week to prove my guildie wrong which was not the case and Have been blown away on how easy it is and how much more DPS I do over Fury. I'm sad because I loved carrying around two 2 handed Shin'ka Axes but that will be no more since I will be playing Arms now.
Edited by Takaimasurao on 2/24/2013 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
I believe Arms is gonna be better at the start of the tier, but Fury will probably pull ahead once you gear up more. With more crit, Fury will have higher enrage uptime. Better gear also means higher mastery, meaning enrage will provide even more damage. One huge domino effect.

What I like about Arms is that it's a more steady rotation. Yeah some say it's boring, but at the same time I don't necessarily like the roulette wheel that can be Fury sometimes with how reliant it is on RNG. Arms's only RNG is Sudden Death which feels more like a bonus when it procs, as opposed to Fury where you have to have good RNG to be competitive. Although Fury's burst is incredible when everything lines up(CS + 2 RB + lots of rage to dump on HS = wham bam thank you maam).

Still I think both specs will be fairly even. It'll come down to your raid comp. In my guild we have one Ret pally and one DPS DK who dual wields(not sure if he's going 2H or not in 5.2), and our tanks are a Prot pally and a DK, so my competition for weapons is equal either way. But if you're in a guild with more 2H users, go Fury SMF and vice versa.
Reply Quote
I think both specs have their benefits but as to which one does more damage I really think with all the buffs to arms, and fury remaining relatively the same except for the execute nerf, arms will pull ahead is my prediction. However it really all comes down to fight mechanics.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
02/24/2013 05:56 AMPosted by Takaimasurao
I have always been Fury TG tried SMF but still did more dps with TG spec. After much fighting and close mindedness I Switched to Arms last week to prove my guildie wrong which was not the case and Have been blown away on how easy it is and how much more DPS I do over Fury. I'm sad because I loved carrying around two 2 handed Shin'ka Axes but that will be no more since I will be playing Arms now.

If you're doing more dps as arms than fury on live, you are doing something incredibly wrong. Also, Darkmist Vortex is like the worst trinket for us this tier.

Also, i'll never roll arms even if it is better than fury early 5.2.
Edited by Aiyanna on 2/24/2013 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/24/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Kulso
If Fury gets pushed out and Arms dominates both PvP and PvE, I'll be rerolling.

I take it you rerolled in DS then...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
See, that's the odd thing - everyone raves about Fury, and I'm sure at high gear levels it's very impressive, but I find myself struggling at times. My gear isn't amazing, but it's not complete and utter garbage. That said, my output varies wildly from fight-to-fight, and after eight years of progression raiding in Warcraft (at least half of those years on a Warrior), I know that I'm not a bad player by any means. I only recently swapped back to raiding as a Warrior, so there's a bit of rust, but some of the output is due to the RNG-ness of Fury, which I've never liked at all. It reminds me of my Ret Paladin in BC - 'seal of fortune' might be a phrase some of you can recall.

I've swapped to arms. The maximum threshold may be lower, but I like the steady output of damage that it provides, and I feel that with less RNG, I personally have more control over my output.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Close enough for you to play whichever you want.

Apparently that's too much for some people and they want Blizzard to play favorites.
Reply Quote
Close enough for you to play whichever you want.

Apparently that's too much for some people and they want Blizzard to play favorites.

When they keep switching things every week or so, yeah, we kind of want them to pick a favorite already and stick to it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I have been on the PTR testing dps both dummy and ToT bosses. Arms is very stable and consistant and the single target dps is showing to be higher with current PTR builds.

Arms hits hard focuses on maximizing CD/CS useage and is a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. To be honest though I do think with higher gear that Fury will come back on top for both single target and AOE fights.

At this point I would say you have the chance to play what you want whether it is Arms/SMF/TG. Do not place too much thought into the nerf because time and time again Warriors always do much better at the end of content than at the start due to how well we scale with gear.

So my advice play the spec/build you like most and find what works for each fight whether it is single target or AoE.
Edited by Snuglz on 2/24/2013 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]