A system for randoms?

90 Human Paladin
Ok there should be a new system for random bgs. Imo there should be a gear score lvl for random bgs if u get over the limit for greens and blues u go to another lvl.The way it goes now ppl with full purp gear will crush ppl with greens and this is a little bit distracting for some ppl that just started out.This game should be able to seperate the new from the experienced. Not that some with greens aren't experienced but having to pit them against ppl with purps isn't cool.
Edited by Mojolovin on 2/24/2013 5:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
5.2 addresses this pretty well. Honor gear will be much better than it has been in the past. Full honor set won't take long at all to pick up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No i mean there should be a lvl for doing randoms like there is for lfr and such . U shouldn't be able to get into a random bg with ppl with purps if u have greens on. Imo it's disrespectful to the pvp comunity.like doing heroic dungeons they don't let u in there without a certain gear score, or lfr so why should it be different for random bgs. It should be seperated by gear score.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The game is about working hard for the best gear,then doing what you want with your epic toon you worked hard to get there. If that means going into bgs and messing some people up. Thats fine. That epic player was all there once getting wrecked with no gear. If you really want the game to be balanced. All blizz has to do is give you the best pvp gear,with everyone else. Everyone has epics on,all have there toons maxed out then it will be about skill then. Cuz everyone is same geared. But if you do that you take out the fun of pvp,the great feeling when you finnaly get your toon maxed out. Then just wrecking people and having fun. Pvp is fine how it is. Just stop complaining,or play something else. That simple.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
that's insane . No it it should be about winning against ur own lvl atleast or close to it. So u go into randoms fully geared to mess ppl up cause u want to feel better about being able to do it now? That is so immature and low of u. there should be a better way for ppl to get pvp gear other than having to face ppl with purps on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/24/2013 03:17 AMPosted by Mojolovin
No i mean there should be a lvl for doing randoms like there is for lfr and such . U shouldn't be able to get into a random bg with ppl with purps if u have greens on. Imo it's disrespectful to the pvp comunity.like doing heroic dungeons they don't let u in there without a certain gear score, or lfr so why should it be different for random bgs. It should be seperated by gear score.

The ONLY thing that should be in place that isn't is just a minimum ilvl to queue a battleground. There are no limits to ilvl at all in PvE with the exception of challenge modes. Ilvl brackets are good on paper, but I don't think WoW has the pvp playerbase to keep queue times under control with layering battlegrounds more than they are (Normal and Rated.) Players need to take a little more responsibility for themselves to help reduce the impact of going into PvP with greens on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
but don't u think it would create a broader base for pvp if there was a lvl set? some don't even like going into randoms because there are ppl with greens on and others don't understand the conscience of going in with greens on. So IMO there should be a lvl of randoms that ppl can get into otherwise ur saying that it's ok for ppl with epic gear to crush ppl with greens , and if ur into that that's fine but it doesn't sound like it's good for a newer base.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i garuntee if there was a difference between epic randoms and green randoms blizz would get alot more ppl to play.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Ridiculous. OP's idea is bad.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
02/24/2013 04:52 AMPosted by Esclamayshun

The ONLY thing that should be in place that isn't is just a minimum ilvl to queue a battleground. There are no limits to ilvl at all in PvE with the exception of challenge modes. Ilvl brackets are good on paper, but I don't think WoW has the pvp playerbase to keep queue times under control with layering battlegrounds more than they are (Normal and Rated.) Players need to take a little more responsibility for themselves to help reduce the impact of going into PvP with greens on.

Exactly, why should you be level 90 and not at the very least have the crafted pvp gear on?

Im stocking up HPs and JPs on my alts to gear up as soon as the new season starts. I will not step into a Battleground until I am decently geared. I don't know about your server but Tol Barad and Wintergrasp are good places for easy honor. You can also convert your Jps into Hps, Once you cap HPs recap JPs. You will lose some on the conversion, but this will give you a good head start on buying new Honor gear. The rest of my gear will be the new crafted gear.

We are at the end of a PvP Season with alot of bored, fully geared toons. Be patient and aim for gearing at the start of next season.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Blizzard has stated separate queues would likely "dramatically increase queue times". They also stated most players would rather have shorter queues than have separate queues. Motion denied.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Monk
02/24/2013 07:45 AMPosted by Kiaransali
Blizzard has stated separate queues would likely "dramatically increase queue times". They also stated most players would rather have shorter queues than have separate queues. Motion denied.

I'm still stunned that people can't figure this out.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Monk
02/24/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Piñata

Blizz has lost more subscribers than they want to admit? And, let's face it, most of those losses are pvp-related. People are not mad about pandas, pokemon battles, or new content...

Losing them means less to queue - longer queue times.

Ehhh, I'm not so sure there is any truth to most of the subscriber loss being pvp related.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/24/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Killdrix
It's a combination of ignorance and denial (a pretty bad combo).

most of those losses are pvp-related.
Conjecture at best. Please link a blue post or other reliable source. I'm tossing the BS challenge flag in the meantime.

Think about what you just said... it doesn't make much sense. Queue times are usually higher for one faction than the other because there are more players for that faction queueing. Take for example when AV is the CTA... alliance have very long queue times because they win AV a lot & more alliance queue. Conversely horde usually have almost instant queues because less horde queue for it.
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/24/2013 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Quint why you aren't banned is the biggest mystery since who killed Jimmy Hoffa.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman

Blizz has lost more subscribers than they want to admit? And, let's face it, most of those losses are pvp-related. People are not mad about pandas, pokemon battles, or new content...

Well, regardless of whether or not MOST of them are, some of them certainly are, and Blizzard's lack of skill and attention in PvP certainly hasn't been drawing them back in.

This has been the least played PvP season of all time, beating the previous worst by cutting it completely in half. That is a "cataclysmic" drop in participation. This isn't because the game is old or anything of the sort, it's because the PvP is BAD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]