Phantasm change.

90 Undead Priest
Ok shadow priests, let's stop b!tching about this change. It was warranted.

I know no one likes to hear that they are overpowered and need a nerf, its nice to feel like your skill is the reason for success, not your class power level. But it's just a fact that it was OP.

Nothing else in the game can do this, become completely untouchable (save a pallys bubble, but thats a special spell, on a very long cooldown). The simple fact is shadow has plenty of other tools in our spellbook that when used intelligently lets us cast. It wasn't necessary for viability, at all.

For those of you claiming shadow is broken and unplayable now, you are clearly spectacularly bad at shadow, and should really go back to your DK or rogue.
Edited by Darkapostle on 3/1/2013 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ok priests, let's stop b!tching about this change. It was warranted.

I know no one likes to hear that they are overpowered and need a nerf, its nice to feel like your skill is the reason for success, not your class power level. But it's just a fact that it was OP.

Nothing else in the game can do this, become completely untouchable (save a pallys bubble, but thats a special spell, on a very long cooldown). The simple fact is shadow has plenty of other tools in our spellbook that when used intelligently lets us cast. It wasn't necessary for viability, at all.

For those of you claiming shadow is broken and unplayable now, you are clearly spectacularly bad at shadow, and should really go back to your DK or rogue.

So a warrior can't heroic leap, or a warlock can't shadowfury to stun. You're talking like the ability isn't counterable. The ability could be used both offensively and defensively, so why is that bad?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Not ranting here, what changes changes. I'll still be a spriest.

I honestly would like an answer as it how it was so OP? It makes us untargetable to range. Hunters and warlocks have pets that can still do dps.

-Warlocks get that ability where they regain a huge majority of their health while being able to attack, or am I wrong? We can get one spell off throughout the duration of phantasm, while warlocks in this state can get off multiple

-DK's get that anti magic shell thing, where they can still attack, but are basically immune to our spells. Lasts longer than three seconds too if am correct.

Maybe more that I missed but honestly I'm not gonna spend the time on it lol.

Like I said, I don't mean to rant about it. I was just unaware that people thinking it was so OP.
Edited by Asthma on 2/25/2013 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/25/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Zereusheals
So a warrior can't heroic leap

Heroic leap too, good one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/25/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Zereusheals
So a warrior can't heroic leap, or a warlock can't shadowfury to stun. You're talking like the ability isn't counterable.

You're right. There is a handful of weaknesses. But it is still a super powerful ability. When that was added to our already impressive collection of surivability tools, it became OP.

On it's own sure it's not OP. It's when its in addition to all the fantastic tools spriests already have that it starts to be OP.

Which is what they realized.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Never used it.

If I wanted to roll a coward - I would have rolled a Rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Shadow didn't need it, true.

I did. It's going to suck.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Never used it.

I assume you don't PvP then
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The idea behind the phantasm nerf was from GC quoted to say that it was "annoying."

As if nothing else in this game is annoying: DK anti magic shell, lasts too long and cooldown is too short. Hunters that have multiple back to back CC's that make you wander around like an idiot for 10 seconds, then your frozen for another ten seconds.

What about druids that disappear? Why isn't their "annoying" vanish taken away. Why do they need to "vanish" when they can run away at a million miles an hour and have instant renews spells that tick for tons of HP?

These are just a few of "annoying" aspects of PvP. However, why is OUR spell nerfed? Why is 3 measly seconds that only affect RANGED classes removed from the game for all eternity?

Without a process to determine which skills/talents/abilities are "annoying," there is no reason to single out Phantasm and nerf it.
Edited by Blyaze on 2/25/2013 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Why do you insist on continuing to pretend that was the only thing he said on the matter?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/25/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Nixxe
Why do you insist on continuing to pretend that was the only thing he said on the matter?

Because the only way to fix the "annoying" aspect of phantasm is exactly what the nerf is; removes the 3 seconds of untarget-ability.

I'm sure GC says a lot of things, but the nerf is self-evident.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Because the only way to fix the "annoying" aspect of phantasm is exactly what the nerf is; removes the 3 seconds of untarget-ability.

No, I mean how you ignored the other part of the post you love quoting where he said they felt the ability was too powerful.

Phantasm is particularly annoying to deal with because being untargetable is so powerful. The intent of the talent was to make Fade more powerful as an escape tool, but we just overdid it with the untargeting part.

The intent of the talent was to make Fade more powerful as an escape tool, but we just overdid it with the untargeting part.

Not sure what's so hard to understand.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Yea you can all say it's op and it's warranted blah blah blah. We'll see how you feel in arenas and bg's getting locked down as easy as we used to be.
Edited by Homeyclaus on 2/25/2013 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

No, I mean how you ignored the other part of the post you love quoting where he said they felt the ability was too powerful.

Phantasm is particularly annoying to deal with because being untargetable is so powerful. The intent of the talent was to make Fade more powerful as an escape tool, but we just overdid it with the untargeting part.

The intent of the talent was to make Fade more powerful as an escape tool, but we just overdid it with the untargeting part.

Not sure what's so hard to understand.

The idea of fade to phantasm came from 4 years ago. Fade never did anything. It dropped aggro, big deal, back in the day when aggro meant something. The concept you from target. That is the original mechanic; very much like a hunter feign.

So, a TALENT (phantasm) was devised to improve fade. You spec into it. It's not a given. The design to become untargetable is the purpose to fade; not to escape.

Your GC quotes that fade is "annoying" because of the fix for it. That doesn't make sense; how is a nerf "annoying" to implement? However, it would be annoying to fix fade by destroying its predominate design and change your tune to an "escape ability."

I don't buy it. It's a lie. He changed it because too many people said SP's being untargetble was "annoying." The idea of "escape tool" is bogus. Fade started off as to be like a hunter's feign.

The point is that GC should leave it alone. He needs to nerf burst, not survivability. Survivability is and was an issue from 4 years ago. It is the reason why a spell like "phantasm" came into being, and the reason why it should not be nerfed.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Wasn't OP for disc/holy. I don't mind it being changed though. Gives me a reason to actually use Body & Soul.

It was just nice as a clutch interrupt immunity without having to use inner focus. Also preventing cc like Poly/cyclone.

With the glyph changes and being able to take SW:D, seems fair that they nerfed it.
Reply Quote
78 Goblin Priest
Sky's falling so hard. I love rolling with phantasm, rocketjump fade is so OP when !@#$ gets real.

There's still Spectral Guise for dropping target against clones/polys (if death is on CD or something). Disc/holy are gaining two glyph slots to make room for SW:D which will be way more helpful, as for Shadow... come on, man. You really don't need to be untargetable.

Someone brought up druid vanish as reasoning to keep Phantasm as-is, lol. Not only is that getting removed but you should really try to abstain from pointing fingers to other classes for justification. Mages and locks are the way they are, you are neither of those classes and you do not need non-aoe ranged-immunity abilities on short CD to compete.

Stop the whining and spec Void Tendrils already.
Edited by Egwugwu on 2/26/2013 2:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Your GC quotes that fade is "annoying" because of the fix for it. That doesn't make sense; how is a nerf "annoying" to implement? However, it would be annoying to fix fade by destroying its predominate design and change your tune to an "escape ability."

You have no reading comprehension whatsoever. I'd suggest you fix that if you want to make it anywhere in life.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/26/2013 02:00 AMPosted by Egwugwu
Stop the whining and spec Void Tendrils already.

Tendrils and Phantasm are on different tiers, so I'm confused as to what you're getting at here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]