Question about mw healing 5.2

90 Pandaren Monk
So will there be a penalty in place if you try to mix and match FW and MW? People are saying as if you are gonna have to pick one?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
02/25/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Shortykungfu
So will there be a penalty in place if you try to mix and match FW and MW? People are saying as if you are gonna have to pick one?

The penalty is that if you use fw to generate chi and don't use that chi on fw abilities you will OOM in no time flat. If you use mw to generate chi but use fw to spend it your output will be nerfed due to not having the muscle memory buff working for you. So basically, yes, your best option is to pick one and stick with it, of course whether we will be viable with either is still a question that needs answering...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Could i switch it up mid fight?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/26/2013 04:28 AMPosted by Shortykungfu
Could i switch it up mid fight?

Totally. The only thing that's changing, in my opinion, is that you're going to have to manage where your chi is spent from which source in order to best make use of your mana. Delightfully complex goodness. I'm actually pretty excited.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I don't see it as making it more complex. I see it as forcing you into choosing a playstyle. As much as you can have the option of doing one or the other, it's going to end up where the better choice is found and that's the playstyle you should focus on.

For example, right now on boss fights with damage increase mechanics, you will fistweave over pretty much anything else. With the change, you still won't have the choice because you'll fistweave but you won't be able to throw in an occasional uplift without going oom.

Let's look at it the other way, if soothing mists ends up generating a lot of chi, you will never fistweave, not even to keep up SZ or TP. Since these two concepts ignorantly contradict each other, you can't do one while doing the other. So, you end up channeling soothing mist, casting ReM on cooldown and spending chi on uplift/EM.

In the end, one will be better and one will be worse outside of damage increases in boss fights which is already stupid broken.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The reality is it really doesn't matter what you do, as long as you use ReM/EH/chi torpedo on CD, and TFT/uplift for fight mechanics, you can roll your face on the keyboard in between all that and output absurd healing. (And never go oom, since most of our "powerful" healing mentioned above is nearly free in cost.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/26/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Astråios
The reality is it really doesn't matter what you do, as long as you use ReM/EH/chi torpedo on CD, and TFT/uplift for fight mechanics, you can roll your face on the keyboard in between all that and output absurd healing. (And never go oom, since most of our "powerful" healing mentioned above is nearly free in cost.)

Agreed! But very boring. Mistweaver is designed to punch the boss and heal the raid at the same time, but Blizzard have broken it during period of AOE damage.

Blizzard HATE Mistweaver to punch the boss while AOE healing, he so love the boss! Actually, when the boss do great AOE damage to the raid, we should punch the boss greatly!!! Thus, Blizzard should let Mistweaver to punch the boss while doing great AOE heal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]