Do you auto-learn riding skills now?

I just saw a guildie get the level 20 and giddy up achievements in one go, whilst in SFK. Do we auto learn riding nowadays?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
I think worgens get it with Running Wild. Was he a Worgen?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
If they're a Worgen, Warlock, or Paladin they gain the level 20 and I believe 40 riding when they ding.

Druids gain flying when they hit... 58?
Edited by Bitsi on 2/26/2013 5:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
When this toon hit 20 she automatically learned the first tier riding, but I had to pay for the level 40 riding.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/26/2013 05:20 AMPosted by Solaru
I think worgens get it with Running Wild. Was he a Worgen?

Well giving the fact that he's Horde...

Was probably a Pally or a Lock.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
02/26/2013 05:22 AMPosted by Kelvv

I am posting on my alliance bank alt. Except for 2 dailies on one toon, I have not logged on my Alliance in almost 2 months. Been playing Horde.

First rule of the forums, never assume that the avatar is that person's only toon.

Why do I even bother sometimes?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
02/26/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Solaru

I am posting on my alliance bank alt. Except for 2 dailies on one toon, I have not logged on my Alliance in almost 2 months. Been playing Horde.

First rule of the forums, never assume that the avatar is that person's only toon.

Because these lessons must be taught.
Reply Quote
73 Pandaren Monk

See that thing that flew over your head? That was the point: Worgen =/= Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
02/26/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Dhalen
See that thing that flew over your head?

Let me point out what flew over your head...

Did the OP ever say anything about the faction of the guildy or whart toon he was on or any other indication to that fact? No? Ok then.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
/FacePaw...

You get defensive over the harmless of things.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
02/26/2013 05:37 AMPosted by Kelvv
You get defensive over the harmless of things.

Maybe if every post I made on the forums was not attacked by someone...even when I am being helpful...

A wise muppet once said "Don't get involved in the politics, just play the gig." Maybe it is getting to the point where I need to heed this sagely advice.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/26/2013 05:44 AMPosted by Solaru
A wise muppet once said "Don't get involved in the politics, just play the gig." Maybe it is getting to the point where I need to heed this sagely advice.

In your case you post whatever answer the OP was looking for and be done with it, because you tend to do this way to often.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
To answer the OP's question: Yes, you learn basic level 20 riding automatically now, regardless of faction or class. Everything else you have to physically trot over to the trainer and shell out gold for.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Druids gain flying when they hit... 58?

That would be level 60. Oh, and I dont think they get it free either, I know my Druid didnt, but then again, shes Alliance.

They've always automatically learned the skill when they trained flight form. Even when it was first introduced.

And it's level 58. Was in a 55-59 BG the other day and a druid dinged 58 and the riding achievement popped up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]