Downloading Game Client Error

37 Blood Elf Paladin
Keep getting this error:

ERROR: The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\\World of Warcraft\Uupdates\wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again.

Tried downloading several times, always delete the old download. Still won't work. I recently changed computers.

Thanks for any help.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Siti

1. What security programs do you have installed?

2. Have you tried running the install as an admin by right clicking on the install and selecting "Run as admin"?

3. Have you tried deleting just the file that is being stated as corrupted? If not, go into the World of Warcraft/Updates folder and delete the wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ file. Then go into the Data folder and delete the wow-update-base-16357.MPQ file. Finally, go into the enSU folder and delete the wow-update-enUS-16357.MPQ file. Once that is all done, run the install as an admin.
37 Blood Elf Paladin
Had to delete the files but it's downloading now.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Siti

You're welcome, please feel free to post again if you have any other questions or problems.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]