Absolute Closing Shop

90 Human Warrior
Well everyone unfortunately its time. After 8 long years of playing and 2+ years of running Absolute its time for me to hang it up. The game has lost its luster to me and as I grow older real life demands more.... how did I get to be 32 already...?

Beyond personal reasons the fact is we were loosing too many core raiders from the old days to real life and could not recruit quality replacements fast enough. Our realm just does not have a recruitment pool to draw from anymore. It has been bad for years, but its the worst I have ever seen now. With my brother and AGM Desothes leaving our roster was in an unrecoverable state, shortly after I came to the conclusion that it was time to be done.

For those that know me I will miss our time spent together. There are far too many names to mention.

My hats off to the core raiders of Absolute through Cata and early MoP, you are some of the best players I have ever had the pleasure of raiding with. Especially in late Firelands and early DS we really had a solid team that was really cooking.

I really enjoyed the X-mog contest we put together for the realm when we brought the X-Factor team on over with the Mog Father. Too bad I had to leave town for the actual event.

As for the raiders who are staying in the game on this realm I personally vouch for any of them to future guilds. If you are looking for a dedicated raider that will show up every night and come ready to go, look no further.

I'd say more, but less of you probably care than I would imagine, so I leave it at that.

Its been fun.

Take Care Eldre'thalas.
- Boda - GM of Absolute
Edited by Bodasafa on 2/27/2013 3:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Take care dude, question though is why didnt you see what else was out there on other servers?
Reply Quote
Its just eldre man. There are more guilds than quality players. The game does not even function correctly on Eldre, check out a nice server man, it might make the game enjoyable for you again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/27/2013 07:42 AMPosted by Fockewolfe
Take care dude, question though is why didnt you see what else was out there on other servers?

What kept me going this long was the people. Most of the core raiders and founders are gone. There are only a handful of people left from the old days or that I consider strong friends and it just seemed like it was time to cash it in.

After running my own guild for a few years I don't think I could be just a member in another.

I guess I'm just set in my ways... like an old man... lol.

Good to hear from ya Focke.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Hey Boda, You're right that mog conest was AWESOME, some of the most fun I've had in the game. Thanks for putting it together, happy hunting :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Best of luck to you man!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 07:42 AMPosted by Fockewolfe

The grass is not greener on the other side, other servers are just as !@#$ty.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I used to PUG heroic DS killing everythign but blackorn spine and maddness on Stormrage *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The grass is not greener on the other side, other servers are just as !@#$ty.

based off your server and alt history you have never been to "the other side"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
BODA I luff you. Focky poo I miss you
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Happened to run some LFRs with you. Impressive DPS, and based on the comments, a huge loss for ET! Best of luck, Boda.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Happened to run some LFRs with you. Impressive DPS, and based on the comments, a huge loss for ET! Best of luck, Boda.

You must be thinking of someone from my guild.

Boda is dual prot and always has been. If I did DPS it was as a tank =)

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
BODA I luff you. Focky poo I miss you

I will miss exchanging emotes with "mr. unit"

QQ
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i wish i was a warrior like you Boda
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
But you aspire to be like me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]