Worgen Paladins....

93 Draenei Paladin
Make it happen!

If the light stayed with human priests who got bitten it should stay with the paladins too.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
That's assuming that the Gilneans even had paladins before the curse overtook them. If I'm not mistaken, the Wall closed after the Second War and paladins started showing up in the Third War, so unless they came up with their own brand of paladins on their own (like they did with druids) they wouldn't have had paladins at the time.

Of course, now that they're back outside the Wall there's really no reason why they shouldn't be able to be trained by the Argent Crusade, but...Blizzard seems reluctant to go down that route yet.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
That's not how paladins work, we aren't priests.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well there is a giant cathedral in Gilneas City.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Keten
Of course, now that they're back outside the Wall there's really no reason why they shouldn't be able to be trained by the Argent Crusade, but...Blizzard seems reluctant to go down that route yet.

They've said that gnome paladins are the most requested, but said it wouldn't be happening.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
They could make it work...

And it'd be badass!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/27/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Cayse
They've said that gnome paladins are the most requested, but said it wouldn't be happening.

Because it makes the least sense
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

And it'd be badass!

Subjective. Frankly, it doesn't need to be done; we don't need the free crit in any spec, and we already get free mounts.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/27/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
it doesn't need to be done

It does, for class/faction balance!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

Gnomes could force it, the way elves did. But with steampunk!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/27/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Cayse
Gnomes could force it, the way elves did. But with steampunk!

Technically the elves didnt 'force' it, they were allowed to believe that they were 'forcing' it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
The only reason I'm not Alliance now is because worgen can't be paladins (or monks, or shaman...why must my favorite race be restricted from my favorite classes?). :(

I would prefer to have race/class restrictions be abolished entirely. The races could all have trained each other by now...the only one that would be a stretch would be death knights, but if they could stretch that far enough to let worgen be DKs then I don't think it will be a big issue.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/27/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Cayse
That's not how paladins work, we aren't priests.

^

Also there were no Gilneans among the founding members of the Silver Hand and while Gilneas wasn't walled off when the Silver Hand was founded considering the general xenophobia like attitudes of the Gilnean people prior to the Cataclysm it is more then plausible that they were never taught the ways of the Paladin and they did very shortly after wall themselves off from the world.

02/27/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Keten
I would prefer to have race/class restrictions be abolished entirely.

I would prefer there be fewer race/class combos then there are now. It takes away flavor and individuality and replaces it with homogenization and dullness when things are shoe horned in just by popular demand.

Classes need to fit the races they belong too. Might as well just do away with races altogether and make us all blanks.

02/27/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Keten
trained by the Argent Crusade

Why would they turn to the Crusade when there are two Orders within the Alliance to assist them?

Worgen Paladins could technically work but they do not thematically fit the build Blizzard has built for the race and culture now that they're dealing with the Worgen Curse.

02/27/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

Pffft.

Hell no, there are races that make far less sense for Paladins then Gnomes.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/27/2013 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/27/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

Well they're Horde races
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Pandas count as Ally too.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/27/2013 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pffft.

I hate to break this to you but gnomes make less sense as paladins than tauren do. Of course this might seem like an opinion but the reality is, gnomes don't really come to mind when you think of honor and the light, do they?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

And it'd be badass!

Subjective. Frankly, it doesn't need to be done; we don't need the free crit in any spec, and we already get free mounts.

Racials really have nothing to do with which classes can be what races, but I do agree with you.

A Worgen Paladin would not only be stupid, but would look incredibly silly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Make it happen!

If the light stayed with human priests who got bitten it should stay with the paladins too.

By the logic there should be undead paladins too. They fact that there isn't makes me wonder if paladins call upo their holy power from the same source as priests.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Pffft.

I hate to break this to you but gnomes make less sense as paladins than tauren do. Of course this might seem like an opinion but the reality is, gnomes don't really come to mind when you think of honor and the light, do they?

I hate to break it too you but Tauren aren't even Paladins, it's simply game mechanics for the most part.

And it is just your opinion, not a reality of any sort.

Gnome Paladins would have been more appropriate, most things would have. Troll Freethinkers would have made far more sense for another Horde Paladin race since they already have a basis in lore.

And I never said Gnomes were the best choice for Paladins but they could certainly work. Gaining Priests are their baby steps.

As a race that largely places confidence in science and not faith it is to be expected that it would take a cultural shift for Priests to develop and an even further one for Paladins to arise.

But it's no where near as much of a stretch as other races people want for the class.

With everything that has happened to the Gnomes in the history of WoW it is no surprise to see them pick up Priests, even if they do mostly treat them like medics.

And yes when I think of Gnomes I see no reason why they can't be thought of as honorable as for the Light I already touched on that.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/27/2013 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Cerethor

Sunwalkers are Druids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]