Worgen Paladins....

90 Blood Elf Paladin
When we, the horde, can have undead Paladins, you can have your dog paladins.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ah, somehow Paladins are immune to becoming Worgen? That's news to me. Source, please?

I won't wait, to be honest. I know there is no such source.

How about drop your attitude there bub.

And Paladins are immune to diseases and similar effects, this is why the original Plague of Undeath didn't effect them. It's in the lore.

We don't know for sure if that would extend to the Worgen Curse, but that doesn't matter. A host of other good reasons for Worgen Paladins not existing have already been gone through.

Yes, Paladins being immune to the plague of undeath is in the lore. We're not talking about the plague of undeath.

And no, I will not drop my attitude as long as people are downright MAKING STUFF UP to support their own theories.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yes, Paladins being immune to the plague of undeath is in the lore. We're not talking about the plague of undeath.

And no, I will not drop my attitude as long as people are downright MAKING STUFF UP to support their own theories.

If you would actually read the damn lore you'd know that Paladins were considered immune to most diseases, afflictions, etc not just the plague of undeath. So one could logically assume this would extend to the Worgen Curse.

We just have no way to test that.

So no one is MAKING STUFF UP!!!11!!!OMG CAPS MAKES MY POINT MOAR VALID!!1!!.

So again cool your jets there.

This whole thread is full of people making !@#$ up to support their pet projects, like the retarded idea of Forsaken Paladins.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/1/2013 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/01/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
If you would actually read the damn lore you'd know that Paladins were considered immune to most diseases, afflictions, etc not just the plague of undeath. So one could logically assume this would extend to the Worgen Curse.

Under that view, the Blood Elves were under a form of disease in their mana addiction. Then they'd be declined.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Addiction is not a disease and the entire story line behind Blood Elves regaining Paladins in the first place was to break their dependencies and redeem them as a race.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/2/2013 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/01/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

Oh, the lore that states that both the Dwarves and Humans have been afflicted by the Curse of Flesh? A curse that has no effect on our ability to use the Light?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/02/2013 12:40 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Addiction is not a disease and the entire story line behind Blood Elves regaining Paladins in the first place was to break their dependencies and redeem them as a race.

Not picking and choosing sides here, but alcoholism is referred to as a disease often enough.

If blizzard wanted to make worgen pallys work, they could easily enough, probably easier than nelfs, pandas and maybe even gnomes...

Either way, we need another pally race on ally!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Currently Alliance has three paladin races, Horde has two. Why does ally need another paladin race?

Give us undead so I can race change. I refuse to have some huge avatar covering my screen while it scratches itself (Tauren)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
03/02/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Airc
Oh, the lore that states that both the Dwarves and Humans have been afflicted by the Curse of Flesh? A curse that has no effect on our ability to use the Light?

Paladins didn't exist when the curse of flesh created humans, well they didn't exist on Azeroth anyway.

The curse transformed Vrykul into humans, nothing more. That is not a comparison.

All a hugely moot point as again multiple reasons have been given as to why they don't have Paladins all as equally valid as any curse argument.

03/02/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Crotalis
Currently Alliance has three paladin races, Horde has two. Why does ally need another paladin race?

Because there has always been a balance between Alliance Paladins and Horde Shaman, currently that balance is upset and in the Hordes favor.

Someone already went over that in this thread, that's why if anyone is getting another Paladin race ever it should be Alliance.

03/02/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Crotalis
Give us undead

Will never happen, no matter how many times people flail for it thank God.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/2/2013 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/02/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
All a hugely moot point as again multiple reasons have been given as to why they don't have Paladins all as equally valid as any curse argument.

I'm not arguing for Worgen Paladins. I'm only arguing that the Worgen curse isn't the reason we don't have them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Easiest way to have a Worgen Paladin lore wise is just me biting a human paladin.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
02/27/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Keten
after the Second War and paladins started showing up in the Third War

Paladins showed up in Warcraft 2.

Uther the Lightbringer was one of the Alliance heroes, already a paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Lobster
No dogs allowed.

But dogs are CLEARLY the superior choice when min-maxing pets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/02/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Leadus
Easiest way to have a Worgen Paladin lore wise is just me biting a human paladin.

... well, Paladins were supposed to be immune to the plague, they could very well be immune to the virus/curse/whatever it is that causes continued Worgenism.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Paladins showed up in Warcraft 2.

Uther the Lightbringer was one of the Alliance heroes, already a paladin.

Yeah, see, I haven't played any of the older Warcraft games yet, so it's not always easy to remember what came from what. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I'm not arguing for Worgen Paladins. I'm only arguing that the Worgen curse isn't the reason we don't have them.

I don't think the curse is really the reason we don't have them either, but I'll defend the premise of it because there is room to support that theory in lore.

As I stated earlier we simply don't have them because the teachings of the Silver Hand never had time to spread to Gilneas before they walled themselves off and it probably didn't have the time due to Gilneans xenophobic tendencies.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/2/2013 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter
Why can't undead paladins happen? Are the forsaken not resurrected warriors as well? Could a paladin not have been killed and resurrected? Especially with the Banshee Queens aid of the Valkyr I see raising a dead paladin very viable.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Give us undead so I can race change. I refuse to have some huge avatar covering my screen while it scratches itself (Tauren)

Sorry but no,..no,...NO.

Like said, Horde's special class was Shamans, and Alliance's was Paladins.
How many horde shamans are there?
How many Horde paladins are there?
How many Ally shamans are there?
(by that answer you'd think the next one should be 5 right?)
How many Ally paladins are there?

I am not asking for 2 new paladin races, let alone one. BUT if we had to have a new pally race, it'd be Worgen.

1: Alliance over Horde due to stated, but also due to horde having an extra race/class combo already.
2: Worgen are fighting the Forsaken, who are Undead, and what class was best suited fighting the undead?
3: Worgen of all races are in a battle for their land in the game, the only other race feeling stress of war is Gnomes, and they already have gotten much aid and new classes to aid in their war.
And I don't have to note that the races that absolutely should not get paladins, but I will note them anyway.
Orcs, Trolls, Undead, and Goblins. This might be my opinion here but I am sure a huge chunk of people will agree on at least 3 out of 4 of these if not all.

And my own personal opinion, Gnomes should never get paladins.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What I'd like to see is more races on the Horde side that can be Paladins... The game has been out for almost friggin' 10 years now, lift some of these restrictions Blizzard! No idea why Pandas can't be Paladins. Undead would be super cool, but I think too many people would complain... or, can we just say the said Undead was a Paladin before said Undead became Undead? Works for me...

Also, I don't think this should be Horde vs. Alliance... More options is better in general.
Edited by Xuzen on 3/3/2013 1:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]