Worgen Paladins....

90 Orc Shaman
!@#$ this, lets have undead paladins

imagine the butthurt
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well, a Forsaken Paladin would be easy to spot. Just look for the undead running around randomly as he screams in immense pain. That would be a Forsaken Paladin.

EDIT: And I thought of a fix for this. Alchemy. Plain and simple. have a level 10 quest chain where the Forsaken Paladin is sent out to gather reagents from various sources. Allowing the Apothecary Society to concoct an experimental elixer that numbs the pain caused by the Light.

Me = Smart.
Edited by Holysavior on 3/3/2013 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/03/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Woa
Ally have 2 races that can be paladins, same with Horde. Blizzard worked hard to bring parody across the factions when it came to class/race combos. Correct me if i am wrong but we have that now. Adding a 3 race for paladins, you would need to add it both sides. I already have a hard enough time with Tauren.

Alliance has 3 Paladin races: Human, Dwarf, and Draenei

horde has 2 Paladin races: tauren and Blood Elf

If anything, Horde does need a 3rd race, but I can't see any of the other races becoming Paladin. Not by lore, anyways. Not unless Blizzard comes up with a work around for the Forsaken being hurt by the Light.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Factional Paladin race/class combos have historically been balanced around Shaman race/class combos. But that's out of sync, now - Horde have two Pally races, and, excluding Pandarens, four Shaman races (thanks to Cata giving them Goblins); Alliance has three Paladin races and two Shaman races (Dwarves gained the class in Cata).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/03/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Holysavior
If anything, Horde does need a 3rd race, but I can't see any of the other races becoming Paladin. Not by lore, anyways. Not unless Blizzard comes up with a work around for the Forsaken being hurt by the Light.

Then give Alliance 2 more shaman races.. Simple as that.
Edited by Jakosta on 3/3/2013 11:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/03/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Jakosta
Then give Alliance 2 more shaman races..

I think I'd be okay with Gnome Shaman.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
03/02/2013 12:40 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Addiction is not a disease and the entire story line behind Blood Elves regaining Paladins in the first place was to break their dependencies and redeem them as a race.

As somebody else already mentioned, addictions are indeed classified as diseases that must be managed in healthcare. See definitions of disease state management for the source.

Numerous diagnosis codes for alcoholism (to name a specific addiction) in its various forms exist. These codes classify the disease into specific types and specific paygrades for healthcare insurance reimbursement.

More food for thought, not all diseases are infectious. How about Alzheimer's Disease? Not infectious.

And to stay on topic myself: I certainly believe that the developers can act in any manner they please regarding lore. If they wanted Worgen paladins badly enough to add in supporting Warcraft lore for it, then guess what? Worgen paladins folks.

May or may not happen, but if undead can channel the Light despite the pain it causes, I'd think Worgen channeling the Light would not then be so far-fetched an idea.
Edited by Nantucket on 3/3/2013 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/03/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Nantucket
Addiction is not a disease and the entire story line behind Blood Elves regaining Paladins in the first place was to break their dependencies and redeem them as a race.

As somebody else already mentioned, addictions are indeed classified as diseases that must be managed in healthcare. See definitions of disease state management for the source.

Numerous diagnosis codes for alcoholism (to name a specific addiction) in its various forms exist. These codes classify the disease into specific types and specific paygrades for healthcare insurance reimbursement.

More food for thought, not all diseases are infectious. How about Alzheimer's Disease? Not infectious.

'Cause real-world diseases and diagnosis has any bearing on a completely ficticious fantasy setting were there are aliens and werewolves that fly helicopters and shoot things with Holy lasers.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
And how exactly would we have a fictitious fantasy setting if not for having the real world first? If you don't agree with me, you don't have to read my words :D

Oh yeah: staying on topic as always. I am neutral in regards to having worgen paladins. Wouldn't hurt my feelings either way.
Edited by Nantucket on 3/3/2013 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'm just trying to point out the flaw in your argument. Azeroth doesn't function the same as Earth, so you can't always apply real-world rules and logic to it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
As somebody else already mentioned, addictions are indeed classified as diseases

Regardless of what the politically correct term is for certain causes again addiction is not a disease, it's exactly what the word says it is. An addiction.

certainly believe that the developers can act in any manner they please regarding lore.

This is such a silly line of reasoning, by this logic every debate can be settled with "The Devs can do what they want!"

Of course they can, but we go by the current lore and rules of the game because that's what we have.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/3/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
03/03/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
I'm just trying to point out the flaw in your argument. Azeroth doesn't function the same as Earth, so you can't always apply real-world rules and logic to it.

I wouldn't say that my argument is flawed when viewed from the appropriate context. I am not intending to say that Azeroth makes use of diagnosis codes when classifying diseases as part of game mechanics.

I merely wanted to broaden perspectives on how "diseases" could be viewed by others.

Concerning the Light itself however, does the Light grant a paladin immunity to diseases itself? Or must the paladin candidate already be immune to diseases and curses (in game of course) before channeling said powers?
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
03/03/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Regardless of what the politically correct term is for certain causes again addiction is not a disease, it's exactly what the word says it is. An addiction.

Has nothing to do with "political correctness" in the real world. Again, let's not take this out of context.

I would prefer to call them addictions myself. Agree with you 100% there to avoid confusion of terms.

This is such a silly line of reasoning, by this logic every debate can be settled with "The Devs can do what they want!"

Of course they can, but we go by the current lore and rules of the game because that's what we have.

Silly? Me being silly? Surely you jest! <now I'm being silly>
Edited by Nantucket on 3/3/2013 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
03/03/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

That's a silly thing to say.

"Schizophrenia is not a disease, it's schizophrenia."
"The flu is not a disease, it's the flu."
"Alzheimer's is not a disease, it's Alzheimer's."
"An apple is not a fruit, it's an apple."

Now granted, some things are miscategorized as diseases, but the way you worded that was really...ridiculous. :P
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
And on a more serious note, I challenge people to review the American Society of Addiction Medicine's definition of an "addiction."

Again, does not pertain to Azerothian mechanics. Just food for thought.

Clearly, the Blood Elves can be Paladins. So must not have been considered a "disease" in Azeroth when they got over their magic dependency.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
03/03/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Keten
That's a silly thing to say.

Okay fine, lets spell it out in plain terms if I'm so ridiculous.

"Oh that poor person, they have the disease of being addicted to crack."

"Oh that poor person that have the disease that causes them to go out and get wasted all the time."

No, that's bull. These are addictions, not diseases. You generally have no control over a disease, it's something you either have physically or psychologically or something you gain physically.

Addiction is within your control and it's your choice.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/3/2013 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
Oh well, not going to debate this topic further. It sounds like you have your mind made up on the subject despite evidence to prove your assertions false.

Anyhoo, Worgen paladins folks. It might happen. Could happen. We'll wait and see.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]