Character Service Delays - 2/27

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
UPDATE 2/28 4:45 PM PST

As some of you have discovered, your character service has processed. Reports I am receiving indicate that the issue should be resolved. Please keep in mind that it will likely take a few hours to clear out the back up.

We'll continue to monitor the situation but *fingers crossed* the edge of the woods appears to be visible. :)

Thank you all for your patience while this matter was being worked on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greetings all,

We've received reports of several character services taking considerably longer than they normally do. This matter is currently under investigation though thus far it appears that the system is just a little backed up.

We will continue to monitor the situation and if that status changes we'll provide what updates we can when they are made available.

In the meantime, to help avoid any other complications I would recommend reviewing the following troubleshooting advice.

Note: Just for those who may experience it, it is normal during the transfer process for a copy of the character to exist on both the source realm as well as the destination realm. The "extra" will clear up once the service is completed.

Edit: Just so there is no confusion, we are aware of the current delays with our character services. The matter is being worked on and while I do not have an ETA as of yet, we hope to have the issue resolved as soon as possible
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/28/2013 4:51 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Thanks on the sticky, hope it gets resolved soon >_<
90 Human Warlock
90 Tauren Druid

Me Three!
85 Tauren Paladin
ty vrak
90 Pandaren Warrior

7 hrs and counting ....
90 Gnome Priest
Foolishly I canceled and redid my transaction under advice it might be a payment issue. Sure hope those 6 hours weren't lost.
85 Undead Mage
3....2....1....still not working =(
Please come up soon.....zzzz
62 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thank's for the response on this.
yup, im sad. Been since 3:30pm ET for me
90 Human Death Knight
Been since 5:00 pm for me.

Are we able to sign on another toon while this is going on?
Edited by Worverine on 2/27/2013 8:27 PM PST
Support Forum Agent
02/27/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Worverine
Are we able to sign on another toon while this is going on?

Absolutely. A character service on one character shouldn't have any impact on the rest of your characters.
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm waiting for this character to transfer still :(
90 Human Paladin
Just curious Vrak, but some of these people have claimed on waiting like 6 hours, and 2 hours ago a friend of mine had an instant server/race change. I did mine right after him and I'm still waiting. If it's truly a back up, are there different factors that effect different accounts?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am also experiencing this issue. started my transfer at 2pm and its now almost 9pm.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I give up. Until tomorrow.
36 Pandaren Monk
Oh god, now after hours waiting on my last try I got that my transfer was canceled. /facepalm
Support Forum Agent
02/27/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Veyy
Just curious Vrak, but some of these people have claimed on waiting like 6 hours, and 2 hours ago a friend of mine had an instant server/race change. I did mine right after him and I'm still waiting. If it's truly a back up, are there different factors that effect different accounts?

That I cannot say for certain, Veyy. Can you give me a character name/realm of the character that your friend transferred? If there is a difference in the two processes that may help determine what is going on.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Vrak i looked at my purchase history and i am being charged for the purchase of moving this character to illidan twice.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]