Spriest in 5.2 single target dps

90 Troll Priest
Everyone of us knows our single target dps lacks behind all other classes. And what is blizzard doing about this in 5.2? I don't know understand why our class has to be balanced around pvp aspect of the game. Can someone who has been testing on ptr give any insight on this?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/28/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Zebait
I don't know understand why our class has to be balanced around pvp aspect of the game.

Because Blizzard attempts to balance everyone around both. However the only thing we're losing in the name of PVP is Glyph of Mind Spike, which despite what some might tell you, is not a huge loss. It will be missed, but it's not game breaking. We're gaining a new Insanity which will likely be quite powerful on single target when you can stand still. We're also gaining +5% to Shadowform's damage bonus, which will help us in every encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I understand how they want other talents to look more attractive. But what's with the MB nerf from 20% buff? We are already rock bottom on meters. 5% increase in shadowform works around that but why not make all talents look equally attractive? They are basically forcing us to spec into their "new and improved" talents which no one could confirm in ptr.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/28/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Zebait
But what's with the MB nerf from 20% buff?

MB is not being nerfed. The buff was simply reverted.

02/28/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Zebait
but why not make all talents look equally attractive?

You will still be using FDCL and MB. Insanity will just help us somewhere we were particularly weak. If it turns out that it overshadows the other two talents, I am sure Blizzard will act to fix that as they did during the beta when DI and MB were the only two talents worth using for anything.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/28/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Nixxe
I don't know understand why our class has to be balanced around pvp aspect of the game.

Because Blizzard attempts to balance everyone around both. However the only thing we're losing in the name of PVP is Glyph of Mind Spike, which despite what some might tell you, is not a huge loss. It will be missed, but it's not game breaking. We're gaining a new Insanity which will likely be quite powerful on single target when you can stand still. We're also gaining +5% to Shadowform's damage bonus, which will help us in every encounter.

Around how much dps increase in single target can we expect from the new Insanity? In Simcraft, Mind Flay is around 15-20% of our single target dps so 100% more damage after using 3 orbs does seem like a lot.

I guess this means that we'll be switching talents on single and multi-target boss fights.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm fine with where our ST damage is right now, just because there are a lot of non-ST encounters where we really shine. Would I like to do really high damage all the time, sure, but then I would expect to be nerfed down pretty promptly in the following tier which I don't like.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We'll be perfectly fine in 5.2

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3011
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]