Power Word: Medusa Cascade

90 Human Priest
Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.

The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812

To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:

1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.

2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.

3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.

4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.

5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent!

6. Why aren't you in IRC yet? Gosh.

Vent info:
teamlights

IRC info:
irc.p2p-network.net
#powerword

Thread Discussion: What do you think of the changes to Solace and Insanity in 5.2?
90 Undead Priest
I don't get it. SPOON IT TO ME TSILYI MY BOY.

Insanity might be interesting.
78 Human Priest
I want to try out Insanity and I hope it's good! I think as a healer I'd continue to use Mindbender over Solace though, at least for 99% of encounters. Solace would probably be better than Mindbender for 5mans though. Or a fight like heroic Lei Shi where you really have to make the most of your Mindbender because the boss likes to peace out fairly often.

STUFF FROM LAST THREAD

03/01/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Vixie
I'm Japanese so I can diss their oh-so-original "popular" music. There are some wonderfully creative and brilliant Japanese artists and musicians but j-pop is factory made from carefully pre-configured molds.

This goes for all popular music in every culture I imagine. I still like Gackt and Malice Mizer. Those strings!

RE: Radiohead, most people have no clue what our homeboy Thom Yorke is actually saying. I can usually figure it out. Still can't understand most of the black metal I've listened to. Granted, a lot of it is in Norwegian or some other Scandinavian language.

Fear Factory, now, that is some comprehensible good jamming.
90 Human Priest
ill spoon you. spoon with you.

I'm actually really interested in having all the talents on that tier being more viable to use. i'm pretty excited about both solace and insanity, though I will rarely get to use the latter as I don't dps currently.

---

previous thread responses:

03/01/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Ellarix
two bosses

it's more than 2. there are tables for some of the later bosses, including lei shen. complete or incomplete as they may be.

03/01/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Vixie
Beware of datamined information.

be that as it may, the patch is imminent so this information is probably pretty close. take it with a grain of salt though.
100 Goblin Priest
I'll be taking Solace over Mindbender unless there are mechanics that require a more 'bursty' regen. I say that as if I'm actually going to raid lol
100 Blood Elf Priest
Salty & sweet is bestest.

Uh huh.
90 Draenei Shaman
Beware of datamined information. Passing it on as fact may result in face-egg'd. Or be like those people who get upset and freak out before Every patch & xpac then find out it didn't get to Live.

It's better to wait for official Blue postings.

Agreed; I know the info I'm looking at is only datamined and is subject to change. Still, I have to dump some VP or I'll cap, so all I can do is look at the datamined loot, choose items which don't appear on early-kill bosses, and take a chance.

edit: sigh, helm would be the best choice (non-tier drops from 8th boss), but it's an LFR helm and I'd be pretty annoyed if I won the helm token off next lockout's Sha kill... I have to spend VP before Sunday's raid though, so I think I'll toss one upgrade at my non-tier chestpiece (non-tier drops from 5th boss).
Edited by Ellarix on 3/1/2013 1:41 PM PST
90 Human Priest
psa:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96530#modelviewer
90 Blood Elf Priest
This title is retardis.
90 Human Priest
03/01/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Nixxin
retardis.

we can be friends.
90 Draenei Priest
I'll only take Solace if they bring back the toilet sound effect.

It matches priest tiers so perfectly.
100 Night Elf Priest
03/01/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Nixxin
This title is retardis.

+1000
90 Human Priest
New Insanity seems like a nice change. I really like that Insanity is pretty much the defacto default talent unless it's heavy movement. The talent system is fine but I'm not really a fan of moving from "cookie-cutter builds by spec" to "cookie-cutter builds by encounter". It really changed nothing except making it more of a hassle by making you change every fight.
03/01/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Tsilyi
Thread Discussion: What do you think of the changes to Solace and Insanity in 5.2?

I feel it's a pretty good improvement, particularly for Solace. Sure, I'll miss my Holy Fire, since the spell is so iconic of the Priest class and it's fun going "BY FIRE BE PURGED!!" and lighting up a squirrel, but I think the changes to Solace are pretty awesome, especially now since it basically has an Atonement effect for Holy Priests. I'm making use of that for sure.

As for Insanity, I feel like it's better than what it currently is, but I still will probably keep my Mindbender as Shadow. The first change they proposed to Insanity didn't even make sense to me; when three dots are on? So SW:P, VT, and DP? That combo only lasts for a few seconds, and what if you have to renew the first two of the aforementioned dots? At least now it's just DP and it makes more sense, but still. I like my Mindbender. :3
90 Blood Elf Priest
.note Iapetus http://services.runescape.com/m=poll/rs2007-server

Let's be BFFs and level woodcutting together for days on end.
90 Undead Priest
No internet problems ever unless a sibling is home... HMMMM...
90 Worgen Warlock
03/01/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Nixxe
No internet problems ever unless a sibling is home... HMMMM...

Sounds like its time to figure out how to get your router to filter devices.
90 Undead Priest
Or to find a really deep hole in a really remote bog.
90 Draenei Shaman
03/01/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Nixxe

I'm sure that's what he meant.
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/01/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Ellarix

I'm sure that's what he meant.

Nah, changing router setting > digging a hole in a... bog.

(wuts a bog?)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]