Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.
The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812
To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:
1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.
2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.
3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.
4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.
5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent!
6. Why aren't you in IRC yet? Gosh.
Thread Discussion: What do you think of the changes to Solace and Insanity in 5.2?
I want to try out Insanity and I hope it's good! I think as a healer I'd continue to use Mindbender over Solace though, at least for 99% of encounters. Solace would probably be better than Mindbender for 5mans though. Or a fight like heroic Lei Shi where you really have to make the most of your Mindbender because the boss likes to peace out fairly often.
STUFF FROM LAST THREAD
This goes for all popular music in every culture I imagine. I still like Gackt and Malice Mizer. Those strings!
RE: Radiohead, most people have no clue what our homeboy Thom Yorke is actually saying. I can usually figure it out. Still can't understand most of the black metal I've listened to. Granted, a lot of it is in Norwegian or some other Scandinavian language.
Fear Factory, now, that is some comprehensible good jamming.
ill spoon you. spoon with you.
I'm actually really interested in having all the talents on that tier being more viable to use. i'm pretty excited about both solace and insanity, though I will rarely get to use the latter as I don't dps currently.
previous thread responses:
it's more than 2. there are tables for some of the later bosses, including lei shen. complete or incomplete as they may be.
be that as it may, the patch is imminent so this information is probably pretty close. take it with a grain of salt though.
Beware of datamined information. Passing it on as fact may result in face-egg'd. Or be like those people who get upset and freak out before Every patch & xpac then find out it didn't get to Live.
Agreed; I know the info I'm looking at is only datamined and is subject to change. Still, I have to dump some VP or I'll cap, so all I can do is look at the datamined loot, choose items which don't appear on early-kill bosses, and take a chance.
edit: sigh, helm would be the best choice (non-tier drops from 8th boss), but it's an LFR helm and I'd be pretty annoyed if I won the helm token off next lockout's Sha kill... I have to spend VP before Sunday's raid though, so I think I'll toss one upgrade at my non-tier chestpiece (non-tier drops from 5th boss).
Edited by Ellarix on 3/1/2013 1:41 PM PST
New Insanity seems like a nice change. I really like that Insanity is pretty much the defacto default talent unless it's heavy movement. The talent system is fine but I'm not really a fan of moving from "cookie-cutter builds by spec" to "cookie-cutter builds by encounter". It really changed nothing except making it more of a hassle by making you change every fight.
I feel it's a pretty good improvement, particularly for Solace. Sure, I'll miss my Holy Fire, since the spell is so iconic of the Priest class and it's fun going "BY FIRE BE PURGED!!" and lighting up a squirrel, but I think the changes to Solace are pretty awesome, especially now since it basically has an Atonement effect for Holy Priests. I'm making use of that for sure.
As for Insanity, I feel like it's better than what it currently is, but I still will probably keep my Mindbender as Shadow. The first change they proposed to Insanity didn't even make sense to me; when three dots are on? So SW:P, VT, and DP? That combo only lasts for a few seconds, and what if you have to renew the first two of the aforementioned dots? At least now it's just DP and it makes more sense, but still. I like my Mindbender. :3
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.