Tank Lounge 62: A Good Day to Die Tanking

90 Human Death Knight
Makes no difference, but the "last lounge thread" is 61, not 58. The link could be fixed.

Is it bad I've never actually seen Die Hard

Or 95% of the movies people mention
Movies are much cooler when you're a kid. Hanging out with people who grew up in the '90s (as myself), inflates the value of movies released in that time-frame.

But then some of them become cult classics. Die Hard is not one.
90 Pandaren Monk
I grew up in the 70's/80's and I loved LOVED the A-team.

Recently watched the first episode on netflix. Watched 15 minutes of it and went 'What the hell am i watching?' and turned it off.

So, remember that when you think you want to play back in Vanilla again :)
90 Draenei Warrior
I'm a bit of a ... recluse when it comes to gatherings
100 Pandaren Monk
die hard is still a very awesome movie.

not because it has an absurd movie quality, but because it's the definition of the "action" genre back in the 80/90s.

Predator, Terminator 2, Die Hard 1 .. those movies were all about one guy exploding/shooting things the entire movie .. not about a super deep plot or anything. It was really about one guy roflstomping their way into an army of russians/vietnamises/germans/aliens/robots or whatever hell the director established as "bad guys"

Actors like schwarzenegger, stallone, bruce willies, steven segal, even mel gibson on Lethal weapon (which I watched a couple of months ago, still found a great movie) .. those are classic.

and tbh, I much rather those old school action films than the ones you have today with all those "slow motion explosions" and bullet time stuff and hot chicks that somehow are not only badass but have time to stay pretty the entire movie...
90 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Leeflow
and tbh, I much rather those old school action films than the ones you have today with all those "slow motion explosions" and bullet time stuff and hot chicks that somehow are not only badass but have time to stay pretty the entire movie..

Have you ever watched Last Action Hero? People hate it, but I find it to be Arnold's best film. If you haven't seen it, you should watch it. You seem like the kind of bloke that would get a kick out of it.
90 Orc Death Knight
02/21/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Chuin
but I find it to be Arnold's best film.

I think you mean Jingle All the Way tyvm.
Edited by Foiblesqt on 2/21/2013 4:40 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
Last Action Hero is amazing.
90 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Samayael

"Tar sticks to some people, you know."

"We would like to speak to the drug dealer of the house, please."

"What? You..you do a 360 on me?"
Edited by Chuin on 2/21/2013 4:56 PM PST
100 Human Warrior
02/21/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Samayael

Yes, yes it is.
100 Pandaren Warrior
02/21/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Foiblesqt
but I find it to be Arnold's best film.

FINALLY.

Thats what that movie was.

I randomly remember the Turbo man thing a couple months ago but for the life of me couldn't remember what movie it was from.
100 Pandaren Monk
there's a slight tiny chance they I actually have to look for a new guild on 5.2 ... people are being lazy about setting up a new group and I'm not really into the same lazyness again ..

anyone hiring a multi functional tank/dps/healer monk? just in case =o
100 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Ðemolition

FINALLY.

Thats what that movie was.

I randomly remember the Turbo man thing a couple months ago but for the life of me couldn't remember what movie it was from.

I actually saw that movie while it was on theaters ..

he package with the bomb thing was awesome lol
100 Pandaren Warrior
there's a slight tiny chance they I actually have to look for a new guild on 5.2 ... people are being lazy about setting up a new group and I'm not really into the same lazyness again ..

anyone hiring a multi functional tank/dps/healer monk? just in case =o

Wait, what?

Didn't you just xfer to your current guild
100 Pandaren Monk
we transfered 3-4 players in order to join another group that was "breaking up" due to lack of players.

but apparently they DID break up, so here I am, talking to people individually "ok, we are reforming a core group and blablablabalblabla, you wanna?" ... but after people drop the towel, they don't want to pick it up .. they just want a new towel.

so basically those players instead of remaking a new group with the good players that wanna raid, rather join an already formed raid elsewhere .. It's easier I agree, but I thought people would be a little more willing.

but they are being lazy, lots of "i'll see, i'll talk to you later" etc etc. And while I do want to make a raid group in here, I'm really no feeling like being on the headhunter spot where people just wait with their arms crossed in the "so, where's the raid"

pretty much nobody is going after, they just want to stay passively and wait for a raid to magically appear. And well, I not felling like doing everything on my own.
Edited by Leeflow on 2/21/2013 6:05 PM PST
100 Pandaren Warrior
Day 2 missing 3 people with no explanation or warning

sigh

wtb h pally
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/21/2013 6:34 PM PST
100 Pandaren Warrior
Also, what kind of guild ARE you looking for leeflow?

edit:

Vizier dead on the second pull tonight.

We wasted like 2 and a half weeks with a bad strat and only took 2 nights with the new one...
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/21/2013 7:14 PM PST
100 Pandaren Monk
THEY SEE ME ROLLIN'
100 Tauren Druid
Vizier dead on the second pull tonight.

We wasted like 2 and a half weeks with a bad strat and only took 2 nights with the new one...

Care to share?

I mean, no matter what it is, if it involves attenuation in any form in phase 2, we'll have 3-4 people die to that, but if it lets the few people who can actually avoid something kill it, I'd love to hear it.
100 Human Warrior
02/21/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Policies
THEY SEE ME ROLLIN'

That implies people care enough to look at you first. :P
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]