Do you form relationships with the opposite

100 Orc Hunter
team players in random bgs?

what i mean is do you have specific class/spec AND/OR PLAYERS that you go gunning for? do you pick and then focus on certain players and/or class/specs? do you just support your team and do your best and its not about any specific player?

for my part i generally just support my team and it isn't about any other particular players (obviously the fc and so on is an exception cause they are not just a player but also an objective). in addition to this i have an agreement that if someone really really wants my focused attention then i give it to them. if someone goes out of their way to address me and seems to want my attention then i give it to them (unless its strategically bad to do so).

i often notice that if i kill a player then that player "seems" to take it personally and after they rez then will come gunning for me. do you make it a point of trying to kill any specific character that killed you?

for my part i don't care so much. if and when i die its not that big of a deal who did it to me... unless it seems like they were REALLY going above and beyond the call of duty to dance with me... then i just assume we will be friendly like that the whole game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I tend to target the warriors first because they deserve it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I ran into a dude (repeatedly) in TB who had one vowel different from my Warrior's name. I don't know if it was a relationship so much as a "There can only be one!"
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
As a balance druid in bgs are warriors the most abusive to you? I feel bad for boomkin.... and i don't mean to be condescending... just seems like the boom-chicken could use some love?

Do people hate warriors more than hunters? I would assume that hunters are some of the most hated, but maybe warriors even more? I know when i play melee i sort of dread hunters, good ones... regular hunters are actually very nice to interact with.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! Indeed. Indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I swifty the first rogue i see in the first few moments of every random. They normally die in the first couple seconds of shockwave. I then imagine how angry that rogue is and I giggle.
Edited by Cricys on 2/22/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I hate everyone equally.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Sergeant Spectral Steed always dies first.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
On my old server there was a mage that was in pretty much every WSG I ever Q'd into. He seemed like a douche, so every chance I had I tried to gun for him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I always go after Night elf druids. I have an NE druid, but when I'm on Horde side, their duh faces and annoying heals always make them my target #1
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
Mages, I had one exploit the ancient Dead Zone and camp me in BG Graveyards because I killed him once with a few shots.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I go for people who go for me. Probably because I'm going for them.

It's complicated.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I make it a sport to kill everyone on the other team at least once, while never dying myself. It's a way of marking my territory.

I find that this creates a number of people who gun for me. I would hesitate to call them relationships though.
Edited by Multicidez on 2/22/2013 10:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This used to happen quite often to me in Vanilla/BC, when I played on Twisting Nether. Unfortunately with the advent of cross-realm BGs, it rarely happens any more. The closest I've gotten is to occasionally run into the same people for a few days in a particular leveling bracket, which takes me back a bit to the good old days of knowing your opponent and having a relationship with them.

The prices we pay for short queue times. *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The ones casting healing spells die first.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Always the mirror class. Doesn't matter which class I'm playing, if I see the same class they have to die first.

I think it comes from a mindset of "they have the same skillset that I do thus this is more of a test of skill when we face each other because one class is not a counter to the other" type of deal. Gear levels of course tip the scales one way or the other, but still.

If no mirror is present, it's always healers or whoever has the worst gear just for the one shot lulz.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
CLC
If I know someone is undergeared I go out of my way to kill them. It's probably frustrating for them but it's the only thing that keeps me sane if we are losing a BG.

If no one is very undergeared, DPS Shaman first. Always. So easy to lock down and take out.
Reply Quote
92 Human Priest
i try to form them all the time. especially if i had a particularly good 1v1 battle; i will go out of my way to seek them out.

other times it is just how i feel atm. maybe i didn't like the way that troll shaman looked at me.

since people generally stick to one strategy an entire battle, it is not too hard.

it's funny cause i tend to do this with every multiplayer game. it is always fun to find a rival, even anonymous and for a short time.

"ah DeThAngelSePhiRoth420xxx. we meet again..."
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
I turn wsg into "kill that freaking mage" with one drop of my Flag of Ownership.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't bg enough anymore but back in cata there was a spriest that was on my server and even outside of world pvp we'd run into each other a lot and just go for each other the entire game.

it got to the point where we came to the mutual decision to stop simply because we weren't doing anything else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]